It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats digging their own grave and boosting Trump at the same time

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Woman.. I love you

And you are right. Obama is a frog, and not the good kind.

So how about you and me get to talking? You know how rich I am?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Tardacus
The left has publicly and proudly embraced extremism in spite of the fact that it is extremism that has cost them so many elections nation wide in the last 6 years. their extremism has chased away left leaning and moderate liberals.
You can`t win elections if you are the minority and extremists are always the minority.

extremists have hijacked the democrat party,"True" liberals need to write the democrat party off as a lost cause and start a new liberal party.

GOP extremism just won the GOP a Majority of the government.

I am getting really tired of the Right crying about DEMs when they ignore the last 8 years.

The last eight years.

Let's start there, where the Democrats lost the house, the senate, the white house, over 1,000 elected positions nationwide.

We haven't ignored it , we've been fighting while y'all have been walking around with your heads in your butts.

You label the Republicans wins extremism when actually it is the extremism of the left that have lost them everything so far and will continue to ensure that they lose. Normal people looked at what the left was doing and took the time to take off work to vote. That's all that really happened. Take some responsibility for that.

This is what the thread was actually about, if you took the time to read the OP.

That you don't understand that is why your political ideals are losing. For instance, I've friends, co-workers and family members that don't vote, don't care and it's all the same to them.

The leadup from Trump's electoral win to now has energized most of these people to HATE liberals, based on their actions, protests, etc. You people are killing your own party. Like the OP states and I am seeing it in reality.

Keep pushing harder though... please!!!!!

edit on 21Wed, 01 Feb 2017 21:58:01 -0600America/Chicago17st2017-02-01T21:58:01-06:00pmWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by GreyScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadMoonJester

I have not clue how to answer to you, I have been here for a long time, I have to say I have gotten some, let say nice mail but never like this.

Well thanks, I don't know what to say. I'm in shock.

Just kidding.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

Bingo!!!! the more they push the worst is going to get, is a lot of people that are very glad Obama is out of the white house, and the last thing they want is him again campaigning after he is not longer of any consequences.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

Normal people voted more for Clinton then Trump so stop with the populist BS.

Just so you know I am a middle of the road person that would have voted for McCain in 2008 until the Palin BS happened. I saw what the GOP was becoming and on that day stopped supporting them. Them embracing the Tea Party killed the party in my eyes. The hatred and fear that boiled over into alt-fact is disturbing.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Hillary was soo liked and got soo many votes but the Democrats could not even take majority in congress.

You still don't get it.

I guess you never will, maybe one day I hope for your peace of mind.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Rez, that oped is pretty bad. I will even refrain from my critique of his assertions, and simply point out a contradiction in his first two statements:

Let’s agree that President Trump’s travel ban on visitors from seven nations was a sensible idea hobbled by flaws, especially regarding green card holders and dual citizens. Let’s also agree we haven’t seen a rollout this clumsy since the debut of ObamaCare, which was far more serious because it penalized millions of Americans while Trump’s order inconvenienced hundreds of foreign nationals

Foreign national: a person who is not a naturalized citizen of the country in which they are living.

A dual citizen IS NOT A FOREIGN NATIONAL, unless their dual citizenship doesn't include U.S. citizenship - at which point there's not even a reason to bring it up. Implicitly in his first statement, dual citizens were 'inconvenienced.' Explicitly in his second statement, he claims it was only foreign nationals who were 'inconvenienced.'

This guy seems to be confusing the two, purposefully or otherwise. Why trust him at his word on anything further?
edit on 22Wed, 01 Feb 2017 22:44:19 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

That reply was sort of cute.

Well, it's all for the best.. we come from too different worlds, you're a happy Latina and me I'm just an alt-right sh*tlord.. We could never be, the World would never understand..

So I'm afraid you'll have to find yourself another sugar daddy as I've spent most of my fortune on Fabergé eggs and coc aine.

Ok, I'm done haha.. you're a catch though, know that.
edit on 201721 by DeadMoonJester because: Sh*tlord...

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadMoonJester

Darn, I was starting to like you already, oh well, I guess I will have to keep working for a living.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Hillary was soo liked and got soo many votes but the Democrats could not even take majority in congress.

You still don't get it.

I guess you never will, maybe one day I hope for your peace of mind.

The Democrats gained seats in the house and senate this election. They had more people vote for their presidential candidate. I am not sure how clear I need to make it. Trump is not a populist.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The GOP and Trump win is still questionable. Had this been Jeb vs Hillary we all know who would have won. Trump won because of questionable means. This is (or was) a conspiracy website, its not farfetched to think that. History will tell just who was right and wrong.

But more importantly, assuming Trump's win was legit, the main reason Trump won was because moderates and liberals got too complacent. No one thought a deranged billionaire would become president. Now that it happened, those who slept on the elections as a sure thing have woken up. If you thought the tiny tea party movement was enough to ensure radical right wing ideology to cement itself as a force that helped Republicans and Trump win the white house, then the beast we are witnessing now around the nation will prove to be a much fatal blow to the right in the next 2-4 years.

That is of course assuming Republicans don't continue redrawing the districts to their favor like they have for the past few decades.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Let me repeat myself, Republicans own both houses and Trump is the president, hell how much more you want.

Hillary is back to the hole where she came from like Obama should do. I am sure that Californian and NY are still crying her lost that's the only two states that she won that made a difference.

We have 50 states.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Normal people voted more for Clinton then Trump 

Hahaha..... You gotta be kidding.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

This is why so many of us are always accusing the Democrats and left-wingers of projecting. They always seem to projected their feelings and thoughts onto others. Everything they accused Trump of hypothetically doing they are now doing themselves and far more extreme than we ever even speculated.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Edumakated

What is happening the Dems is no different than what happened to the GOP in 2008. Or have you guys already forgotten the Tea Party?

The Tea Party didn't try it. The Tea Party didn't be people up in mobs. The Tea Party cleaned up after themselves. The Tea Party did not call for assassinations. The Tea Party did not Riot to stop Free Speech they didn't like. The Tea Party did not fight with police.

And yet the tea party was endlessly demonized for years by the exact same media that is stirring up another civil war right now.
edit on 2-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Maybe this obstructionism has to do with Trump's attitude towards liberals? You know they are fighting him because he's spent 2 years insulting and demeaning everything liberals stand for and believe. Then he relishes in gloating about his victory while continuing to demean liberals instead of trying to get them to come together. But NAAAAAH you're probably right. The Democrats doing this is completely unprovoked and 100% out of left field.

You don't think Trump has any reason at all to be disappointed, considering the unfair media attacks and outright lies that have been portrayed as news? But, from the get go, Trump spoke his mind and from the heart and his message resonated with millions of people who were fed up with the democratic agenda... they spoke, democrats lost, but refuse to accept that, even willing to destroy the foundation of this country if it would get them their way.

Newsflash: When you say mean things, it offends people. SOME people take that to heart and fight back. Trump has been saying antagonizing things since day 1 and didn't stop after the election (when every other President in history tends to stop the antagonizing behavior). If you can't see how Trump is bringing this on himself, then you don't want to see it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It so sad to see people argue over which part of the poop sandwich (DC) is better ...

GOP did not win because of their radical base... there are fewer registered republicans than democrats, and both have fewer than registered independents.

Democrats lost and have been losing because they felt there was nothing to do but stand there and say I am here vote for me, and the rust belt an area that has been hemorrhaging jobs for quite some time finally said F it I am going to try something different since the same old party has not helped me yet.

Also Democrats have forgotten how to argue, they just resort to ... you alt right fascist misogynist racists demagogue... type statements towards anybody that disagrees. (Note: I am not calling democrats on this board that but when your presidential candidate calls half the country a basket of deplorable, and a DNC chair candidate says she wants to tell white people to shut up... etc your parts is badly out of whack)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

An animal is at its most dangerous when it is trapped and cornered.

The leftist elements of the democrat party are trapped and cornered and are striking out.

I won't ignore them. They are liable to do almost anything.

Yep. Just look at some of the signs they hold... "Resist Trump, no matter what it takes!"

Can you imagine if republicans, during the Obama years, ever called out for open rebellion against the Obama Administration?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

It's Called Subversion , and Not Only is it Un-american , it's a Crime against the State of the Republic . Democratic Politicians who Work to Undermine the U.S. Government should be Tried in a Court of Law for Violating their Oath of Office .

But the GOP that did it for the last 8 years are not to be tried?

But did the GOP ever call for open rebellion or defiance of federal law? Gimme a break. This is treasonous behavior by many of these people and they should be tried for it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale

originally posted by: Tardacus
The left has publicly and proudly embraced extremism in spite of the fact that it is extremism that has cost them so many elections nation wide in the last 6 years. their extremism has chased away left leaning and moderate liberals.
You can`t win elections if you are the minority and extremists are always the minority.

extremists have hijacked the democrat party,"True" liberals need to write the democrat party off as a lost cause and start a new liberal party.

GOP extremism just won the GOP a Majority of the government.

I am getting really tired of the Right crying about DEMs when they ignore the last 8 years.

The last eight years.

Let's start there, where the Democrats lost the house, the senate, the white house, over 1,000 elected positions nationwide.

We haven't ignored it , we've been fighting while y'all have been walking around with your heads in your butts.

You label the Republicans wins extremism when actually it is the extremism of the left that have lost them everything so far and will continue to ensure that they lose. Normal people looked at what the left was doing and took the time to take off work to vote. That's all that really happened. Take some responsibility for that.

This is what the thread was actually about, if you took the time to read the OP.

That you don't understand that is why your political ideals are losing. For instance, I've friends, co-workers and family members that don't vote, don't care and it's all the same to them.

The leadup from Trump's electoral win to now has energized most of these people to HATE liberals, based on their actions, protests, etc. You people are killing your own party. Like the OP states and I am seeing it in reality.

Keep pushing harder though... please!!!!!

You nailed it here. It's amazing to me that they just can't see it. They really are the party of ignorance and the uneducated because they have the masses following blindly. It's the blind leading the blind right into the massive hole their leaders have dug for them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join