It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats digging their own grave and boosting Trump at the same time

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Here is an op-ed from Michael Goodwin that appeared in the NY Post yesterday. Along with pointing out that the media has become the "opposition party" with their obsession to hate trump rather than report the news, he lays out how the democratic party has now become the party of secession.

Unfortunately, the Dems are following a dangerously different path. Starting with a wide boycott of the inauguration and including their boycott of committee votes on Trump’s cabinet and their pledge to filibuster any Supreme Court nominee, Democrats resemble a party fomenting a secession movement. Some call it Trump Derangement Syndrome, but that’s too kind. It’s not a temporarily insane reaction, it’s a calculated plan to wreck the presidency, whatever the cost to the country.

Democrats are becoming the party of secession

Things never seen in the modern era are now rapidly becoming common. Impeachment talk already is rumbling in the party’s hothouses, and Trump was met with a lawsuit the minute he took the oath.

There is absolutely no desire for democrats to work with the new president whatsoever, or the Republican-controlled Congress either. They are hell-bent on obstructionism far more than republicans ever were during the Obama years. They openly hint towards assassinations, rioting, disrupting society, and encouraging an overthrow of the Trump government.

Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi, the top Dems in Congress, led a raucous demonstration Monday night, as if they are community organizers. And Obama couldn’t bear the irrelevance after eight days out of office and felt compelled to encourage disruptions. This is Third World behavior and it’s now the M.O. of one of America’s two political parties.

And of course, they encourage secession by the state of California, actually considering a referendum vote. But, I love what Goodwin has to say about that...

Then there’s California, the epicenter of Dem strength. Radicals there, spurred on by pro-Mexico immigrants, are ginning up an effort to split from the United States and they might get a proposal on the ballot. I say we take their wine and let them go.

If California secedes and its 55 electoral votes come off the board, Dems will never win another American election. On the other hand, Hillary Clinton could become president of the breakaway state and the rest of us would be free of the Clinton stain.

I say let California go and hopefully all the worst sludge of this country will flock there! The rest of the country can move along and get on with making America great again while the new Republic of California can become the cesspool of crime and filth, overrun by hard drugs and massive corruption, that I know it will become.

After mentioning in his editorial how the democrats have found a new hero and rising political star in Sally Yates for her defiance of Trump, Goodwin goes on to say...

My prediction is that Dems are digging their own grave and their revolt against his legitimacy will, in the short term at least, boost Trump’s popularity.

Most Americans will conclude he is honestly trying to fulfill the mandate he won and that the fevered rush to destroy him is neither principled nor patriotic.

There is a catch: Our cultural impatience won’t give Trump endless time or big room for error. He must pick his fights with discretion and wage them with smart, methodical moves that bring clear results. Equally key, he can’t become a prisoner of Washington. While social media is important, he must get out of town regularly to meet people where they live and remind them that he’s fighting their fights.

He should continue to court core Democrats, especially members of manufacturing unions and open-minded black and Latino voters. If he does all that, and if he’s lucky, America will be great again. That’s what matters.

Couldn't agree more! Keep up the good work President Trump, and stay strong and keep the course!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Rez - Mostly marking my spot. I'm getting ready to head home but enjoy reading your post. I don't wanna lose this one...so
I will return and comment this evening.

(post by PanzerDivision removed for political trolling and baiting)
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

They learned nothing from their loss. They are like a professional sports team that doesn't watch game films. They've literally double downed on everything that lost them not only the Presidential election, but governorships and the senate / congress.

They truly are deranged. The media has also been completely exposed. Trump and Sean Spicer are trolling them to no end and letting them nail their own coffins.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

They truly are deranged. The media has also been completely exposed. Trump and Sean Spicer are trolling them to no end and letting them nail their own coffins.

Yep, Goodwin covers the bias of the media pretty well in the article...

Can we say the media will now correct its excess of bile and cover Trump as a legitimate president and not as an invasive species?

No, no, no. On the contrary, we must say that Trump aide Steve Bannon was on target when he called the Washington media “the opposition party.”

Don’t take his word for it. Stick a toe into the toxic sludge that passes for straight-news coverage in the Washington Post, the New York Times and others.

Look for the use of tell words like “Muslim ban” to describe an executive order that is no such thing. Look for hero worship of protesters, immigrants, refugees, lawyers rushing to the barricades and congressional critics.

Look, too, at the Twitter feeds of editors and reporters from those papers and the major networks. You’ll see their embrace of everything anti-Trump, further evidence they are part of a movement to obstruct the president, not cover him.

Consider, too, their rediscovered love for Republican Sen. John McCain, a man they ignored during the eight-year reign of their savior, Barack Obama. McCain is again the good maverick because he is bucking the media’s permanent enemy, Republicans.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PanzerDivision
It's probably best that the dems are refusing to work with Trump, They are incapable of any sort of rational thinking.

Look at their behaviour and hysterics recently, If we're going to clean up the mess they've made we need to do it without them.

Couldn't agree more. Imagine what a great country it would be if they all flocked to California. It would be glorious. They'd never win another election as their twisted way of thinking would be centered in California and under their 55 electoral votes. We'd be able to seriously get on with the business of creating jobs, spurring economic growth, repairing our educational system, securing our borders and so much more, without all the obstructionism. Ah yes, one can only dream, lol.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So I'm guessing the question ultimately is, who or what will rise in their ash's? Eight years of ideology doesn't disappear overnight.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
So I'm guessing the question ultimately is, who or what will rise in their ash's? Eight years of ideology doesn't disappear overnight.

I have no idea, but i'll hazard a guess that it will wear purple....

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Democrats led the secession effort after Lincoln earned the presidency, too.

Go figure...funny, though, how now if all of the liberally run states seceded, it would almost be an inverse of the map of the civil war.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Good point! And the ideology goes further back much further than 8 years, to Vietnam era. It was just kicked into hyper drive in recent years. You give an inch, they take a mile.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I'm a libertarian who supported Bernie and didn't and still don't trust trump.

However, I can tell you that the DNC ,MSM and their hypocrisy along with the individual democrats that have gone full retard and full rage against trump, that they have only made me think Trump might be the real deal. Every time I see their hypocritical rants and BS issues it only makes me smile knowing that Hillary didn't win.

The MSM and both the DNC and GOP tired old tactics have been exposed but they have been far to dumb and too happy cruising along with no road bumps to see it or change it.

Although I have a feeling that the Republicans are going to join them real soon and go FULL Retard by undoing Net Neutrality which is the little guys only hope of exposing the corruption.

Trump won because of net neutrality principles that allowed the smaller online community to counter Hillary hypocrisy,lies,BS career, and scandals. Had we not had net neutrality principles Hillary would have won because we would have only heard the MSM angles and perspective.

So while yes the Left has gone Full Retard don't let the Right do so as well within the near future with undoing net neutrality.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'd say we only let California go, and let them legally or illegally migrate there. Everyone else should remain a part of the Union. But, hey, they have to have somewhere to go and California seems fitting enough.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

This is Third World behavior and it’s now the M.O. of one of America’s two political parties.

Let that sink in people.

Look at what that party has become.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Maybe this obstructionism has to do with Trump's attitude towards liberals? You know they are fighting him because he's spent 2 years insulting and demeaning everything liberals stand for and believe. Then he relishes in gloating about his victory while continuing to demean liberals instead of trying to get them to come together. But NAAAAAH you're probably right. The Democrats doing this is completely unprovoked and 100% out of left field.
edit on 1-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

But NAAAAAH you're probably right. The Democrats doing this is completely unprovoked and 100% out of left field.

Do you know what a strawman is? This is a perfect example.

I encourage you looking it up.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

But NAAAAAH you're probably right. The Democrats doing this is completely unprovoked and 100% out of left field.

Do you know what a strawman is? This is a perfect example.

I encourage you looking it up.

Actually it's sarcasm with a spice of hyperbole, but nice try.
edit on 1-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You make it sound like the GOP has actually changed. If it wasn't for Trump throwing his hat in the ring and adopting the Vince Russo school of philosophy your golden boy would've been Jeb. Your Representatives, Senators, Governors, and even your Vice President are still the old regime.

The Dems can do whatever they want for the next four years and it will have no impact on the elections. The only thing that matters is what gets passed while Trump is President. At this point in time it seems like the majority of the population are ignorant of what Congress actually does. They vote based on their perceived success of the President.

At least that's the only way I can see that you can explain Congress having a record low approval rating and still have most incumbents get voted back in to office.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Do you know what a strawman is? While his post may have some logical fallacies I don't see a single strawman.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

You make it sound like the GOP has actually changed. If it wasn't for Trump throwing his hat in the ring and adopting the Vince Russo school of philosophy your golden boy would've been Jeb. Your Representatives, Senators, Governors, and even your Vice President are still the old regime.

The Dems can do whatever they want for the next four years and it will have no impact on the elections. The only thing that matters is what gets passed while Trump is President. At this point in time it seems like the majority of the population are ignorant of what Congress actually does. They vote based on their perceived success of the President.

At least that's the only way I can see that you can explain Congress having a record low approval rating and still have most incumbents get voted back in to office.

I'm very aware that the GOP didn't want Trump. They did everything to undermine him and yes, Jeb was their golden boy. They never expected Trump to run or to have a chance and thus their plans failed. I have no illusions about GOP RINO class - McConnells, Ryan, etc.

However, this does not change the implosion of the Democrat party that we are witnessing before our eyes.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Ryan and McConnell are your heroes in Congress. If it wasn't for them being so spineless and being the poster boys of party before country most of Trump's agenda would be dead in the water.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join