It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House 'officially putting Iran on notice' after missile launch

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: gortex

Iran has nothing to do with ISIS. This looks like a cheap ploy to start a fight we have no business fighting.

Ok then.

time.com...

www.bbc.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

For a country that supposedly has nothing to do with ISIS.

Wonder why they are fighting proxy wars in a half dozen plus middle eastern states.

I'm more wondering how you linked Iran to ISIS with those links just because they happen to fight proxy wars in the Middle East. By that same ridiculous logic, you could call any country operating in the Middle East (including the US) an ISIS supporter.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I wonder if it's as serious as Obama's "red line."

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

The $400 million cash-for-hostages that President Obama sent to IRAN in August 2016 might be used against us militarily, unless we show steadfast resolve.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Well good luck trying to invade Iran.

Just the topography of the place is a nightmare for operations where the military is concerned.

But good, it's nice to see strong foreign policy, but I don't really want to see the war drums beating this early.

~Tenth

Alexander the Great had no problem conquering the terrain circa 500BC, outnumbered 100 to 1.
I am sure air power, mobile troops, devastating weaponry and the like have made it a tad easier since then.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: VimanaExplorer
Follow the money.... Trump have been war mongering for years.. I posted this many times already, and I knew Trump is after Iran , bowing down to Saudi. (may be another reason he got elected as well).

“We made a power out of Iran,” the outspoken billionaire told host Bill O’Reilly on Fox News’s “The O’Reilly Factor.”

“They are looking to go into Saudi Arabia,” Trump continued.
“Well, I would want to help Saudi Arabia,” he said. "I would want to protect Saudi Arabia. But Saudi Arabia is going to have to help us economically. They were making, before the oil went down ... they were making $1 billion a day.”

Trump's big mouth is his history.

He's like an open book.

Too bad many refuse to read.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

How many times must it be pointed out to you guys that that was Iran's money to begin with?

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Iran has nothing to do with ISIS. This looks like a cheap ploy to start a fight we have no business fighting.

Ok then.

time.com...

www.bbc.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

For a country that supposedly has nothing to do with ISIS.

Wonder why they are fighting proxy wars in a half dozen plus middle eastern states.

I'm more wondering how you linked Iran to ISIS with those links just because they happen to fight proxy wars in the Middle East. By that same ridiculous logic, you could call any country operating in the Middle East (including the US) an ISIS supporter.

Pretty damn easy.

It appears — even now — that Saudi Arabia’s ruling elite is divided.Some applaud that ISIS is fighting Iranian Shiite “fire” with Sunni “fire”; that a new Sunni state is taking shape at the very heart of what they regard as a historical Sunni patrimony; and they are drawn by Da’ish’s strict Salafist ideology.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Everything currently going on in the middle east comes down to TWO states.

Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Which has been going on for over 1400 years since the Sunni/Shia split.

link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: carewemust
The Trump Administration is not kidding. There will be no "lines in the sand" that keep shifting. This is a line etched in stone, with skull/cross-bone signs stuck in the ground.

Yeah, it'll mean more American troops going to fight Saudi battles. Since part of this was aimed at the Houthis, does this mean Trump's team will send in even more Americans to bail out the Saudis from their clusterfk in Yemen?

I get the impression that President Trump is not a "send in the troops" guy. At least not ground troops. A strong message can be delivered in many other ways.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

How many times must it be pointed out to you guys that that was Iran's money to begin with?

Wasn't it money that was "seized", similar to how the U.S. seizes cash from cartels?

link   
a reply to: neo96

It's not a civil war; it's a geopolitical & economic Cold War. The GCC & Iran are rivals in energy deals, trade deals, and regional influence. Part of the point of placing sanctions on Iran's oil & natural gas trade was to reduce competition for the GCC and their allied nations. Last year, Saudi Arabia was even blocking Iranian oil tankers from entering its ports and Bahrain's ports (HERE).

link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I wonder if it's as serious as Obama's "red line."

I hope so.
No more wars.

link   
a reply to: neo96

So now you link me to an article on Wahabbism in Saudi Arabia. Lol. That makes even less sense than your first point. Sorry neo, your propaganda and spin doesn't work on me. You'll have to try better than that. Or get better sources.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Can't these two just annihilate each other and we can move on?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: DBCowboy

Iranians only use bullets of peace, missiles of understanding and funds terrorism of happiness.

Those in glass houses should't throw stones , our bullets of peace and missiles of understanding have caused more problems in the Middle East than anything Iran has done.

The US has been fighting the Middle East ever since we had just 13 silly little colonies.

Waving the white flag is the only other option available.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Wasn't it money that was "seized", similar to how the U.S. seizes cash from cartels?

Exactly the same.
Imagine giving money back to the cartels if they promise to be good.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

No. That money was given to the US in the 70's to buy fighter jets. Then when Iran became an enemy we just kind of kept it without delivering the merchandise.
Why the U.S. Owed Iran That $400 Million

But still at issue as Obama began his second term was $400 million that Iran in the late 1970s had paid for U.S. fighter jets, while Tehran was still a U.S. ally. After it turned into an enemy in 1979, Washington was not about to deliver the jets. But, all these years later, Iran wanted its money back—and with interest.

link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

The Trump Administration is not kidding. There will be no "lines in the sand" that keep shifting. This is a line etched in stone, with skull/cross-bone signs stuck in the ground.

Yeah, it'll mean more American troops going to fight Saudi battles. Since part of this was aimed at the Houthis, does this mean Trump's team will send in even more Americans to bail out the Saudis from their clusterfk in Yemen?

I get the impression that President Trump is not a "send in the troops" guy. At least not ground troops. A strong message can be delivered in many other ways.

O_O
Did you already forget the mission from just a few days ago? There are even ATS threads about it, like (this). That was also in Yemen.

link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Iranians only use bullets of peace, missiles of understanding and funds terrorism of happiness.

Anything like the American way of carpet bombing somewhere with democracy?

We only use bombs of freedom and drones of liberty.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: DBCowboy

Those in glass houses should't throw stones , our bullets of peace and missiles of understanding have caused more problems in the Middle East than anything Iran has done.

The US has been fighting the Middle East ever since we had just 13 silly little colonies.

Waving the white flag is the only other option available.

What kind of history revisionism is this? No, we haven't been fighting wars in the ME since the 1770's.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well since you like my 'propaganda' so much heres one more.

The civil war in Syria, whose Alawite regime Saudi Arabia's Sunny monarchy has long plotted against, and the prospect of a war with Shiite Iran over its reported drive to acquire nuclear weapons, preoccupy Riyadh while, Abdallah, Canute-like, strives to keep the democratic wave from breaking on its shores.

Saudi Arabia now "has the opportunity to regain its leading role" in the region after it "subsided in favor of Iran and Turkey following the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and the U.S. invasion of Iraq," in 2003, observed political analyst Abdullah al-Shummari.

www.upi.com...

ALL roads lead to Saudi Arabia and Iran.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join