It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit : British govt wins vote, Brexit can go ahead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
We don't have a written constitution.
What we have is an unwritten constitution, which is governed by precedent and historical practice (and is therefore a little more flexible than the written versions).
For example, there is no statute ar other document insisting that laws should be passed through Commons, Lords, and Royal Assent, but that doesn't stop the process from being a key element in our constitution.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: SprocketUK

My buddy from the UK said the House Of Lords is the part that presents the problem....

Potentially yes. They don't have to worry about getting elected.

Though there wI'll be calls to abolish them if they try and block us leaving the EU

Should be one of the first things in the agenda when we finally get out

of the EU.

A breath of fresh air in UK politics long time over due. Politicians should

retire like everyone else..... and not be able to sign on to a meal ticket

in the Lords for life.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

a reply to D8Tee

They are thinking of the children, thats why they voted to leave.

Mother knows best and all that!

edit on 1-2-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Screw the EU, they brought this on themselves with their open borders policy, you think the people of the UK want to see their country under Sharia law? NO

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
but....the anti-Brexit rally had more people!

Couldn't resist.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I doubt this would have been possible in any other EU nation. It's the reason the UK is one of the few where the people demanded and gained freedom without having to murder the monarchy. Their elite like to get what they want but still know when it is getting too risky and when to fold.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Even though we have had our problems in the past lol, this American is proud of our UK brothers/sisters and the British heritage of the U.S. Hopefully together we can combat the scourge of the globalist agenda and restore our nations to prosperity!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Those who are happy do not protest changes

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I was glad to see this happen. Of course there was really no chance it wouldn't.

The EU's days are numbered in general. I think in 2-3 years it'll be a thing of the past entirely. France and the Netherlands are sure to begin the process of leaving next.
edit on -060005am2kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Lol the Lords can go # themselves and they know it.
With a referendum, and an overwhelming majority vote in the house of commons, it would be political suicide for 'the other place' to try and fight article 50 being invoked.
Their unelected status would be seriously looked at again, never mind riots.

In any case, with such a large majority in the elected house of commons voting it through, Theresa May can just use the Parliament Act and force it through regardless.

Unlucky remoaners the Lords are an annoyance at worst...They can't save the day for you now.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The only good thing I can see with us leaving is that we can hopefully be a little safer from the rise of the far right in Europe.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
The only good thing I can see with us leaving is that we can hopefully be a little safer from the rise of the far right in Europe.

Ahahahahaha. You gotta be kidding me. Seriously..? You have not been paying attention.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Well I'm hopeful, cant all be doom and gloom!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Lol you suck on the teat of the SNP gravy train so I'm not surprised anything even to the right of them (including the Lib-Dem's) would frighten you!
I couldn't give a toss about 'the right' in Europe, I'm just happy article 50 is going to be invoked.

...I know you disagree fella, hopefully you'll get your second referendum and we''ll be rid of each other.
Good result in the rugby for Scotland today though, I was actually supporting your boys as you are still part of the UK.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
I ve got kids, one is a daughter. The rise of the far right troubles me greatly.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

I've got one kid, a son, is your daughter more precious than mine or something?
Sexist don't you think, why does having a daughter in Britain make the rise of far right in Europe more scary exactly?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Do you see the crap the far right thinks about women, yes I think my daughter would be under more threat than my sons.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
Do you see the crap the far right thinks about women, yes I think my daughter would be under more threat than my sons.

What stuff do the far right say about women that upsets you?
Give us some links.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

I'm curious as well, what do the 'far right' say about women?
Do they make women cover their faces? Do they advocate that women shouldn't drive cars? Do they insist on women having chaperones when they socalise?

I'm really curious, and as Sprocket I'd love to see your links.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well we had a lovely guy here in the Uk who said raping a woman was nothing, it was force feeding them chocolate cake.
This one about limiting what women can study.www.breitbart.com...

edit on 4-2-2017 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join