It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look At My African Americans Over Here!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

When you're unhinged, you're unhinged.

Posters like him aren't interested in finding common ground or even being persuasive. Perhaps they can't in their current condition. They just want to rage. It will take a long while (if ever) for them to recover.

If you insist on being an insufferable hypocrite, I'm going to have to call you out on it. Let's see what you've posted in the last week.

GOP leave Dems behind. Mnuchin and Price nominations advanced.
- Mud Pit, anti-Dems/pro-Trump, 6 word OP

Airport protests
- Mud Pit, protesters/pro-Trump, 2 line OP

US military botches online fight against Islamic State

- anti-Obama, War on Terrorism, 4 line OP

Fake Tears Schumer and Broken Washington
- pro-Trump, Mud Pit, 6 line OP, cites Trump tweets

Trump to announce Supreme Court Justice Nomination Tues @ 8pm.
- neutral, US Pol Madness, 9 word OP with a Trump tweet

Ungrateful Chelsea Manning slams Obama
- anti-Manning, Mud Pit, 14 word OP, cites Trump tweet

Now let's look at mine.

- This one. Obvously anti-Trump.

Sen. Chris Murphy Did NOT Suggest "No Screening"
- neutral, Education and Media, a couple dozen lines

Media Outlets Hastily Report Misinformation About Quebec Mosque Attack
- neutral (critical of The Daily Beast & Fox coverage), Education and Media, a couple dozen lines

Legendary Actor John Hurt Dead At Age 77
- not political, People, 6 lines.

Sean Spicer Twice Tweeted Twitter Password?
- anti-Trump/ridiculing Spicer, Mud Pit, a dozen or so lines.

So what does that leave us with? You've posted 6 political threads in the last week. I've posted 4 (and two of those were neutral and in Education and Media). 2 of mine were anti-Trump/his administration. 5 of yours were pro-Trump/anti-Dems/anti-Obama.

Those are the objective facts.

I took the time to author OPs, you waited for Trump to tweet something so you could repeat it here with a few of your own words. So far this year you've posted almost twice as many threads as I have and nearly all of them were pro-Trump/anti-anything not pro-Trump. Where were you searching for common ground? You're a Trump cheerleader. And please tell me that in your fevered imagination, you don't believe that you're persuading anyone?

So yea, not only are you a lackluster useful idiot, you're also a deluded hypocrite. That doesn't mean we can't be friends though!

edit on 2017-2-1 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Thank's for spreading more of your negativity and hate, as you know we really appreciate it and can't go a frik'n day without it, S&F for you. Once again you bring a new meaning to the word pathetic. If it was anyone else I would be embarrassed for them, but you......nah. You reap what you sow hater.

Thank you for your valuable feedback! It's always nice to hear from a fan.

Have you ever entertained the possibility of being part of the solution instead of part of the problem? Serious question

What does being part of the solution entail?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Seemed like a fine Trumpian speech. Some people will criticize him for anything.

"During this month, we honor the tremendous history of African-Americans throughout our country. Throughout the world, if you really think about it, right? And their story is one of unimaginable sacrifice, hard work, and faith in America."

Oh my God, how horrible that Trump would say something like that!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ok. So if he does succeed, would you acknowledge that?

I would give him as much credit as the GOP did for Obama.

So no he would get none.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
tl;dr... What'd big meanie Trump do?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

So no he would get none.

So basically what you're saying is that nobody should take your opinion seriously, because even if Trump does great things you will still piss and moan. Got it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

So no he would get none.

So basically what you're saying is that nobody should take your opinion seriously, because even if Trump does great things you will still piss and moan. Got it.

Hehe thanks for proving my point that the right is willing to later claim they have been perfect the last 8 years even though they did obstruction far and above what is going on right now.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

So no he would get none.

Hehe thanks for proving my point that the right is willing to later claim they have been perfect the last 8 years even though they did obstruction far and above what is going on right now.

Actually that's not even close to true, Obama got almost all of his cabinet picks confirmed by this point, democrats won't even allow votes for most of Trumps. It's just a fact, at this point, democrats have been far more obstructionist than republicans were to Obama.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
More....MORE......MOOORREEE

I want more trump threads, feed my anger, FEED ME.

Frankly, who really gives a flying # about this, let alone enough to dedicate your entire waking conscious life to pissing about politics.

Is there another, actual, alternative site that used to be like ats was years ago. If anyone knows, shoot me a message.

Thanks.

Seriously, enough of the non-stop political rants. Some is OK, I get it. But nothing but politics isn't. So where is the secret? There are enough political sites to go to. Did the never ending pessimistic debunkers kill this website?

Denny

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

You guys get so caught up in the minutia and annoyance of his personal character. I didn't vote for someone to hang out and spend time with. I probably wouldn't like him as a friend either, but it doesn't matter.

I voted for someone to do a job and as far as I am concerned he is doing amazing work. If you guys would quit protesting and just let the guy do his job it would be appreciated.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Sorry I'm just getting back to this!

First, you start by posting W. Bushs comments on Black History Month. You assert how horrible it is saying it should be an easy act to follow, yet give no reason why. I mean, much like Trumps comments (which I will get to) the are not the most elegant, but I see nothing there that is offensive.

No, I thought Bush's comments were actually quite good. I probably could have been clearer there. My actual point was that Bush shouldn't be a tough act to follow considering that Bush wasn't a particularly good speaker.

Ok so he started out saying he won the election. So what. I heard Obama mention how he won many times, particularly right after his victory. I guess your problem is that you think this isn't the right venue for these comments, but who cares, its two sentences. Nothing here was disparaging to black history month.

I don't recall President Obama doing anything comparable to what President Trump has done in terms of obsessing over the election. Though, then again, Obama won both the popular vote and the electoral college in 2008. Perhaps if he'd had a chip on his shoulder, he might have? I didn't say that anything he said was disparaging to black history month. I do however believe it was in poor taste and undignified.

What did you want him to do, pretend that he is from the hood? He said he met a lot of incredible black people, and somehow you take offense with this? Maybe he should have mocked them for clinging to their guns and bibles loke Obama did to flyover country.

In your mind, Trump not mentioning blacks is terrible, but Trump saying blacks are incredible is terrible. What sort of pandering would have been acceptable to you Ante? Did he have to denounce his white privilege for you to be happy?

I didn't say it was terrible. Honestly it was more absurd than anything and in the context of this debacle, it certainly seemed deserving of a bit of mocking since I was addressing the rest. In some other circumstances, had he'd just said this, I would have winced a little and not commented. BTW, the actual quote is:

"I’ve gotten a real glimpse—during the campaign, I’d go around with Ben to a lot of different places I wasn’t so familiar with. They’re incredible people."

Come on, that doesn't sound a little odd? He's 70 years old, from New York and in just the last few months, he was finally familiarized with a fifth of the population? What was he doing for the other 69 years? Avoiding getting to know black people?

So you have less of a problem with the MSM pushing a fake story that Trump removed the statue to smear him as anti-black than you do of Trump defending himself. You may not like him defending himself in this venue, but this isn't in any way an offense to black history month.

It's not that what he said was offensive to Black History Month. It's that it wasn't appropriate. Every time Trump speaks, it doesn't have to be and shouldn't be about Trump and his ego. As for the notion that the "MSM pushed a fake story" that is really a false narrative that Trump and friends have been promoting. What actually happened was that a reporter tweeted it and then later corrected himself. Did it ever appear in print? Was it the subject of an online article? Did anyone mention it on the air? If none of that happened, I can't see how the situation could be described as "the MSM pushing a fake story."

How many times has he defended himself against this deleted tweet that did him absolutely no harm? At what point does it become him abusing a non-issue to have something to cry big fat crocodile tears about?

Oh and for you and all of the other people on here saying it had to be al about Trump, where were you when Obama gave speeches? Every other sentence was "I did this" or "Thanks Obama". Yet none of you posted threads about that? Remember Trumps inauguration speech were all he said was we the whole time. Did people on the left praise him for the difference between Obamas last speech where he said I over 40 (I think)? Oh no, they still found a reason to bash this speech.

You're comparing Obama's final speeches to Trump's first speeches as President. I don't believe that's a valid comparison. How about we compare Obama's inauguration speech to Trump's? Apples to apples.

Obama first inaugural speech

"I" : 3
"we" : 62
"you" : 12

Trump inaugural speech

"I" : 3
"we" : 46
"you" : 9

Without getting into the differences in the lengths of the speeches, the word counts don't seem remarkable. But what about actual content? Ideas? I'm (probably) not going to do a comprehensive analysis of speeches tonight (but you never know) but it's my opinion that President Trump's speeches have very little in common with President Obama's substantively and his behavior is scarcely comparable, particularly when considering them at the same points in their respective administrations. I don't see either of us producing much independently verifiable evidence for our arguments to these points though so I think we must for now at least, agree to disgree!

So not very articulate, he never has been. Again, how is this offensive? Should he have had to go through a day by day list of all of the achievements of Dr. King? But that is the measure of success for many on the left isn't it? You have to sufficiently kiss the arse of each voting block.

For you to somehow act like him naming these historic black leaders having a big impact is somehow offensive because its not enough is ridiculous. If he had went into great lengths about Dr. King or Tubman, etc. he would have been accused of pandering.

I honestly don't know what I said that has you thinking that I'm arguing that Donald Trump was offensive. I felt that a good deal of his comments were clumsly, self-serving, self-aggradizing, self-centered and generally inappropriate. Not that he was bashing Black History Month (he was barely even talking about it! Lmao) or saying something otherwise offensive.

I'll have to finish up in another post!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

So no he would get none.

Actually that's not even close to true, Obama got almost all of his cabinet picks confirmed by this point, democrats won't even allow votes for most of Trumps. It's just a fact, at this point, democrats have been far more obstructionist than republicans were to Obama.

Maybe Trump should have picked qualified people.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

So no he would get none.

Maybe the voters should have picked qualified congressmen....fixed it for you...

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Where was your outrage when Obama was always criticizing Fox, yet buddying up to CNN etc? Heck, Obama even blamed Fox being on at restaurants and bars as the reason Hillary lost. Did you chime up that it was ridiculous for Obama to criticize Fox but not his buddies at all of the networks?

No you didn't.

Are we really going to compare these? There were exactly two noteworthy anti-Fox statements from Obama recently. The one you referred to is this one:

"In this election, [voters] turned out in huge numbers for Trump and I think that part of it has to do with our inability, our failure, to reach those voters effectively. Part of it is Fox News in every bar and restaurant in big chunks of the country, but part of it is also Democrats not working at a grassroots level, being in there, showing up, making arguments."

There was also this quote:

But what I think we also saw is that the — the resistance to that vision of America, which has always been there, was always powerful, mobilized and asserted itself powerfully. Now, I would argue that in part, very cynically, somebody like a Mitch McConnell or Roger Ailes at Fox News I think specifically mobilized a backlash to this vision in order to accomplish pretty routine, commercial or power

I took a quit look back through the last several years and he has in fact made mention of Fox a few times but the differences are night and day.

Frequency - Trump has talked more smack on CNN on most days than Obama has on Fox in the last 8+ years. It's non-stop. It's every time he's on a mic. You could count every single time Obama said "Fox" on both hands. You couldn't count the times Trump said "CNN" yesterday with the same fingers.

Circumstances - If you look, Obama's comments have been made in interviews. Not speeches. Not in live addresses of the nation. The top quote was from a Rolling Stone interview. The second was from an interview with David Axelrod. Trump is doing it everywhere, all the time. CIA speech? Yep. Black History Month comments? You got it.

Nature - Do I really need to detail how drastically different Trump has spoken about not just CNN but individual journalists than Obama? Can you recall Obama ever attacking an individual journalist? Even in the top quote, he mentions Fox news's impact as one of several factors. Trump berates, bullies and attacks media he doesn't like.

Furthermore, Trump has transitioned into not only attacking the media that is critical of him, he's in the very next line endorsing Fox News. I don't find any precedent for any of this with Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush or Reagan, etc. If Trump was to be compared to any president in recent history, it might be Nixon.

Why would you skip this? You act like Trump just talked about himself, yet the only paragraph you failed to post was where he was discussing problems he wants to fix that affect black people.

Thats weak of you.

I did mention it "Next up there was a brief vague statement about jobs" but okay, I can see why you'd think that was conspicuously missing. How this developed was this: I was just going to highlight the areas of his comments where he talked about himself, bashed the media, obsessed about the media, etc. As it turned out, I ended up excerpting 80% of the remarks to do that. In hindsight, I was wrong because once I'd excerpted as much as I had, I should have just excerpted it all.

I will happily address it here though in greater detail:

We’re gonna need better schools and we need them soon. We need more jobs, we need better wages, a lot better wages. We’re gonna work very hard on the inner city. Ben is gonna be doing that, big league. That’s one of the big things that you’re gonna be looking at. We need safer communities and we’re going to do that with law enforcement. We’re gonna make it safe. We’re gonna make it much better than it is right now. Right now it’s terrible, and I saw you talking about it the other night, Paris, on something else that was really—you did a fantastic job the other night on a very unrelated show.

This is a not particularly well conceived amalgamation of vague platitudes. Your point is taken that this one paragraph from his remarks is about other people, black folks specifically and that makes it perhaps the most appropriate part of the whole thing despite having not much to do with history (directly). It's still not very well articulated, detailed or insightful.

Your OP makes it seems like this was some horribly offensive speech, and many have cheered you on here asking why no one responded to the OP.

Well you know I like your threads, but I think this one is bad.

Do I think this speech was great? Not at all. But to make it out to be some offensive thing is a joke.

Well I appreciate you taking the time to respond in detail! As I said above (or in the last post, somewhere!), I really didn't view his comments as horribly offensive and if that's the impression I gave, it was unintentional. The biggest issue I took was how much of his comments were focused on himself, the election, his beef with the media and what people have done for him.

That's all beyond how absurd I already find those things in other contexts.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Firepoker
a reply to: WUNK22

Its sad that the seal team are all dead since returning from that mission. strange , bizarre and sad.

.das dna errazib ,egnarts .noissim taht morf gninruter ecnis daed lla era meat leas eht taht das stI

-Firepoker-

You do realize that the most recent death of the seal team was on a raid that Trump's administration executed?

*mlapecaf*
edit on 2/1/2017 by MonkeyFishFrog because: left out a the

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

So no he would get none.

Maybe the voters should have picked qualified congressmen....fixed it for you...

Well the GOP sure hasnt in some time. The Tea party is destroying this nation.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: loam

...insufferable hypocrite...
...fevered imagination...
...a lackluster useful idiot...
...a deluded hypocrite....

Like I said...unhinged.

Apparently, I rattled your cage simply by writing that it sounded like to me that you'd be upset if Trump actually helped the black community. Then because you repeatedly seem to attack anything and anyone you don't like by using grade-school level insults, I suggested you might want to broaden your approach to something more persuasive.

In reply, you predictably provide more grade-school level insults:

...I wish you weren't a useful idiot...
...You're always "just sayin'" but the truth is you ain't sayin' much my friend....
...You're eating glue and scribbling with a single broken crayon....

Then you proceed to complain about my posts in other threads on this board, (there's a complaint function, btw, if you're truly worried about them), to say I don't say much, but apparently say enough to make me an 'insufferable hypocrite'.

I'll stand by anything I write or have written on these boards, but I think a rational person would be hard-pressed to call anything I write as unhinged.

Regardless, I'll stack my behavior and persuasiveness against yours any day.

Trump has sent you into the deep end, imo. As another poster said, you write beautifully. Too bad you diminish it by failing to resist using the tactics of a twelve year old. Ironic, considering that seems to be one of your principle complaints about Trump in this thread and elsewhere.

Finally, I'm friends with all kinds of people where our politics don't agree. Mostly, because I'm not an ass about it.

Food for thought.

Maybe eventually we'll be friends too.

edit on 2-2-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

a reply to: mtnshredder

Thank's for spreading more of your negativity and hate, as you know we really appreciate it and can't go a frik'n day without it, S&F for you. Once again you bring a new meaning to the word pathetic. If it was anyone else I would be embarrassed for them, but you......nah. You reap what you sow hater.

Thank you for your valuable feedback! It's always nice to hear from a fan.

Have you ever entertained the possibility of being part of the solution instead of part of the problem? Serious question

What does being part of the solution entail?

Not posting negative post all the time would be a good start Ante. They only create angst and division and don't do anybody any good. You're only compounding the problem with constant post like this. You know they're going piss people off, I'm curios as to what you're trying to achieve in doing so?
edit on 2-2-2017 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

You should seek mental help. This is not an insult, and this is not a joke. I think you are drifting into obsessive paranoia. Please go seek help before you injure yourself or someone else.

Everything will be okay.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
so Donald said something that triggered you.

Color me surprised. At least you stay true to form and speak of nothing but the soreness of your ass.

"Something something triggered something something butthurt"
— Republicans
edit on 2-2-2017 by heyguysimashill because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join