It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look At My African Americans Over Here!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: woopy

EXACTLY. It was 80% about Trump, 15% about thanking black members of his entourage and 5% name dropping with not one word about these important men and women or their deeds.

Completely inappropriate and absurd.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Annee
Thank you.

Your threads are so well done, thought out, and meticulous.

Please continue.

The anti-responses to your posts are very telling.

Lots of people telling you you're wrong just shows how right you are?

I have yet to see anyone actually address the things Trump said in his speech, or the assertions made by the OP.

Lot's of personal attacks, but no discussion on Trump's delivery...which, I think, is the point of the thread.

That's my impression too and that mindset of them it is telling

edit on 1-2-2017 by woopy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: RomeByFire
This thread (not the OP) is what is wrong with ATS.

Not one comment addresses the OP but there are multiple ad hom comments.

Can't debate the topic, attack the topic and poster.

No you see. It's not that they "can't debate the topic". It's that they think that with Trump using ad hominem attacks is a valid debate retort.

Monkey do what monkey see I suppose.

Partisanship > Country.

I'm not saying "all," of them, but there is undoubtedly a portion of ATS (and the American populace) that do not entertain the possibility of anything negative.

Perhaps it's just my subjective reality and I'm completely off base, but I see Trump and his loyal cohorts as the conservative version of Obama and his diehard supporters.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I hope that he does good things. I really, really do. So far I'm not impressed with most of what he's done. And while there were a few appointments I haven't taken issue with (Mattis and Kelly come to mind) the bulk of them are W-T-F.

I'd also argue that Donald Trump is a master salesman who excels at pandering. We'll see how he does performance-wise but I see no problem with criticizing his behavior.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

Thanks! If nothing else, I always hope that those who disagree with me are at least entertained or learn something new even if it's just about how somebody else thinks.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

To be fair the actual contents of the OP doesn't have much importance to me, but I sit in this arm-chair with a lot of confidence and i like to share my insights, if only for more awareness and clarity to those who read it..

Because the truth will always resonate..
edit on 1-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: RomeByFire
This thread (not the OP) is what is wrong with ATS.

Not one comment addresses the OP but there are multiple ad hom comments.

Can't debate the topic, attack the topic and poster.

That's because they cannot deny the way Trump approaches things but their partisanship will not allow for the honesty it takes to admit his personality flaws.

We all have personality flaws and I can cut T a little slack, but any man that wears 2K suits, and gets $200 haircuts and still looks like a dork....that's unforgivable.

Everyday he turns into more of a parody of himself.

And makes fools of those that worship at his alter.

a reply to: theantediluvian

These are the same folks who are also quite happy to embrace an alternate reality built entirely on Trump rhetoric. An alternative-fact reality?

That's a nice way of saying it. I think they are brainwashed, propaganda-sucking loons.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I see it as worse. You could get Obama to admit he was wrong, and many of his supporters stopped being hardcore O-bots by the end of his Presidency. You as much as QUESTION Trump's decision or words and you will be in tears by the end of the conversation if you don't have thick skin.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

you are surely a "glass is always half empty" kind of guy.
though your inquisitive attitude is commendable, but do you ever see any positives unless its from your party of choice (whatever it may be).

Trump is doing many good things whilst sounding like an absolute mong. its unfortunate most of the people who worship him or detest him are blinded by partisanship keeping him getting the ball rolling.

he who cant criticize their leader is a victim of oppression.
edit on 1-2-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

To be fair the actual contents of the OP doesn't have much importance to me, but I sit in this arm-chair with a lot of confidence and i like to share my insights, if only for more awareness and clarity to those who read it..

To be fair, if the OP doesn't have any importance to you then common decency says you don't post in it and drag it off topic with drivel and trolling.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

To be fair, if the OP doesn't have any importance to you then common decency says you don't post in it and drag it off topic with drivel and trolling.

The entire OP was "drivel and Trolling"

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

To be even more fair, this is the mud-pit and OP knew exactly what he was getting into and got exactly what he wanted..

Why is it trolling? Because I point out the truths? I'm not coming in here saying "blah blah here we go again". I actually put some thought and tried to analyze the core of the problem which to me ultimately starts from within..

edit on 1-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well we have 1 thing in common! I felt the same way 8 years ago with every appointment, every EO, I know exactly how you feel.
But I did not (or anyone on the right), riot, burn flags, or see any Republican tears on TV. Reign in those emotions and make a valid argument on something he's done.
PS- if you say ban Muslims I'm going short circuit like something from Westworld.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

To be even more fair, this is the mud-pit and OP knew exactly what he was getting into and got exactly what he wanted..

True. But just because you are technically correct doesn't mean you are morally and ethically correct. You are still being an asshole even if it is allowed. And asshole behavior isn't conducive to productive conversation.

Why is it trolling? Because I point out the truths? I'm not coming in here saying "blah blah here we go again". I actually put some thought and tried to analyze the core of the problem which ultimately starts from within..

Because it is mean and just puts people on the defensive instead of getting a good conversation going. If you can't talk without being mean and belittling even if what you are saying are "truths" (more like just your opinion, but people seem to think opinion and truth are synonyms these days) then you should probably just keep you mouth shut.

I feel like your mother pointing out this obviousness to you... I can't believe it had to be explained to you why you shouldn't be mean to people...
edit on 1-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

We get it, your buttocks still stings.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

That entire post is just tragic

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

OP is a grown a$$ man and im sure he can defend himself, but the lack thereof tells me all I need to know.. so being blunt is considered mean now? Sometimes you just have to tell it like it is. Stop being so sensitive

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Remember when OP posted this right after the election:

I figured since I've been such an active participant in the Mud Pit over these recent months, it was only fitting that I posted this here.

Well you did it. I won't say I was quite as shocked as a lot of people appear to be but I was certainly surprised. I still maintain that Donald Trump is the greater of two evils but we the people have cast our votes and now its done.

I am above all else a proud son of our great nation and I believe that it is absolutely vital to the strength of our democracy that we accept the results of our elections regardless of any personal dismay. Furthermore, for the health of our society, I believe it is incumbent upon on us all to earnestly strive for reconcilation following such a polarizing contest.

I congratulate President-elect Trump but far more than that, I congratulate you his supporters. It's been an exceedingly long, exceptionally contentious election and at its end, you've won the day.

Dear Trumpkins

Well that didn't last long. Immediately back to constant temper tantrums, insults and trolling the forum.

I guess this is how SJW's go about "earnestly striving for reconciliation".

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

OP is a grown a$$ man and im sure he can defend himself, but the lack thereof tells me all I need to know.. so being blunt is considered mean now? Sometimes you just have to tell it like it is. Stop being so sensitive

Being blunt and being an ass is a fine line that you need to be careful not to cross. Plus you straight up told me that you don't care about this topic, so it is hard to believe that your posts to the OP were on topic and you just being "blunt". Also, I'm not the one who was insulted. So I'm not being sensitive. Just trying to remind you what politeness is and why we use it. Though I wasn't really counting on you to change your ways. I've yet to see a Trump supporter apologize for offending.

In any case. I'm done now. You can continue beating the OP with your troll stick now.
edit on 1-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

So a lot of people are asking for someone to go thrugh the OP and point out whats wrong with it, so I guess I am the man for the job.

First, you start by posting W. Bushs comments on Black History Month. You assert how horrible it is saying it should be an easy act to follow, yet give no reason why. I mean, much like Trumps comments (which I will get to) the are not the most elegant, but I see nothing there that is offensive.

But anyways, to Trumps comments.

Well, the election, it came out really well. Next time we’ll triple the number or quadruple it. We want to get it over 51, right? At least 51.

Ok so he started out saying he won the election. So what. I heard Obama mention how he won many times, particularly right after his victory. I guess your problem is that you think this isn't the right venue for these comments, but who cares, its two sentences. Nothing here was disparaging to black history month.

Well this is Black History Month, so this is our little breakfast, our little get-together. Hi Lynn, how are you? Just a few notes. During this month, we honor the tremendous history of African-Americans throughout our country. Throughout the world, if you really think about it, right? And their story is one of unimaginable sacrifice, hard work, and faith in America. I’ve gotten a real glimpse—during the campaign, I’d go around with Ben to a lot of different places I wasn’t so familiar with. They’re incredible people. And I want to thank Ben Carson, who’s gonna be heading up HUD. That’s a big job. That’s a job that’s not only housing, but it’s mind and spirit. Right, Ben? And you understand, nobody’s gonna be better than Ben.

What did you want him to do, pretend that he is from the hood? He said he met a lot of incredible black people, and somehow you take offense with this? Maybe he should have mocked them for clinging to their guns and bibles loke Obama did to flyover country.

In your mind, Trump not mentioning blacks is terrible, but Trump saying blacks are incredible is terrible. What sort of pandering would have been acceptable to you Ante? Did he have to denounce his white privilege for you to be happy?

Last month, we celebrated the life of Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr., whose incredible example is unique in American history. You read all about Dr. Martin Luther King a week ago when somebody said I took the statue out of my office. It turned out that that was fake news. Fake news. The statue is cherished, it’s one of the favorite things in the—and we have some good ones. We have Lincoln, and we have Jefferson, and we have Dr. Martin Luther King. But they said the statue, the bust of Martin Luther King, was taken out of the office. And it was never even touched. So I think it was a disgrace, but that’s the way the press is. Very unfortunate.

So you have less of a problem with the MSM pushing a fake story that Trump removed the statue to smear him as anti-black than you do of Trump defending himself. You may not like him defending himself in this venue, but this isn't in any way an offense to black history month.

Oh and for you and all of the other people on here saying it had to be al about Trump, where were you when Obama gave speeches? Every other sentence was "I did this" or "Thanks Obama". Yet none of you posted threads about that? Remember Trumps inauguration speech were all he said was we the whole time. Did people on the left praise him for the difference between Obamas last speech where he said I over 40 (I think)? Oh no, they still found a reason to bash this speech.

I am very proud now that we have a museum on the National Mall where people can learn about Reverend King, so many other things. Frederick Douglass is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more, I noticed. Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, and millions more black Americans who made America what it is today. Big impact.

So not very articulate, he never has been. Again, how is this offensive? Should he have had to go through a day by day list of all of the achievements of Dr. King? But that is the measure of success for many on the left isn't it? You have to sufficiently kiss the arse of each voting block.

For you to somehow act like him naming these historic black leaders having a big impact is somehow offensive because its not enough is ridiculous. If he had went into great lengths about Dr. King or Tubman, etc. he would have been accused of pandering.

You next complain about him endorsing Fox. Well the rest of the MSM has either admitted its their job to take Trump down or acted like it, so even though me and you know Fox is also bad journalism, why wouldn't he favor fox?

Where was your outrage when Obama was always criticizing Fox, yet buddying up to CNN etc? Heck, Obama even blamed Fox being on at restaurants and bars as the reason Hillary lost. Did you chime up that it was ridiculous for Obama to criticize Fox but not his buddies at all of the networks?

No you didn't.

I noticed you the skipped this part of Trumps speech.

We’re gonna need better schools and we need them soon. We need more jobs, we need better wages, a lot better wages. We’re gonna work very hard on the inner city. Ben is gonna be doing that, big league. That’s one of the big things that you’re gonna be looking at. We need safer communities and we’re going to do that with law enforcement. We’re gonna make it safe. We’re gonna make it much better than it is right now. Right now it’s terrible, and I saw you talking about it the other night, Paris, on something else that was really—you did a fantastic job the other night on a very unrelated show.

Why would you skip this? You act like Trump just talked about himself, yet the only paragraph you failed to post was where he was discussing problems he wants to fix that affect black people.

Thats weak of you.

Your OP makes it seems like this was some horribly offensive speech, and many have cheered you on here asking why no one responded to the OP.

Well you know I like your threads, but I think this one is bad.

Do I think this speech was great? Not at all. But to make it out to be some offensive thing is a joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join