It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People parking so close they block you from getting into your car.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is happening more and more in my area. A$$hat drives so inconsiderate and oblivious that they just do whatever whenever. Today coming out for lunch I notice a Honda fit completely over the parking line and is now in my lane. They were so close I couldn't even get to my driver door. They were about 4 inches from my car. I ended up having to get in through my passenger door to leave.

Now what is an appropriate action I can take in this scenario? My first reaction is to slash a tire or two or key the car. Or maybe wait for them to come out and confront them for being such an inconsiderate prick.

What does ATS think about people like this? And BTW in this instance, the Honda didn't even have anybody in the spot left of them. We were the only 2 cars for about 15 spaces. I intentionally park far away to avoid people dinging my car or worse.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think it sucks, but I think that your amped-up anger might stem from other issues. Everything okay, man? Anything you need to talk about? Bad parking doesn't call for Parking Lot Rage, imo.

Now...if only folk would learn what a turn signal is and how it's also really good for safe lane changes!
edit on 1-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Sounds intentional.

Have you complained about parking in the past.

With all those open spots...Seems intentional.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Problem solved.... just sayin.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I'll be attacked for this, but when that happens to me I figure that it was a woman driver, another older person such as myself, or an idiot that thinks nothing other folks, only about his/her self. We hope that your desire to key or slash the offending car was the extreme that you would introduce to the driver, just short of a missile strike after you affixed a homing device under their bumper.

Hint: Make up a bunch of notes to keep in your glovebox and stick one under their windshieldwiper next time that happens. Better yet, have tape also and tape it directly in the middle of their windshield. Securely.
edit on 1-2-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Life's too short.

You did the right thing by simply getting in through the passenger side door. Be thankful you had a way into your car and there was no damage.

Sorry it is frustrating, but don't let a bad moment turn into something bigger than it needs to be.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

I'll be attacked for this, but when that happens to me I figure that it was a woman driver, another older person such as myself, or an idiot that thinks nothing other folks, only about his/her self. We hope that your desire to key or slash the offending car was the extreme that you would introduce to the driver, just short of a missile strike after you affixed a homing device under their bumper.

Hint: Make up a bunch of notes to keep in your glovebox and stick one under their windshieldwiper next time that happens. Better yet, have tape also and tape it directly in the middle of their windshield. Securely.

I bought a stack of novelty business cards at a store once that said "A-holes like you need to take the bus." I used you to leave them on cars all the time. I also had bought some that looked like legit parking tickets and basically said the same thing.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I was once parked in so I couldn't get into either drivers side or passenger side doors. Luckily I had a hatch back so I could climb in over the back seats.

Now what is an appropriate action I can take in this scenario?
Climb in through your passenger side door and go to lunch. I feel that these inconsiderate people are a test of your patience. I'm sure this won't be the last time some idiot does something that throws you off. Personally I pass this patience test about 85-90% of the time. Practice makes perfect, right?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Exact thing happened to me once, but I was lucky! the spot next to the sob was open so I moved my car to the spot next and watched the driver curse at my car and laughed all the way home! (I had the cam & plates just in case)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Very easy solution. Start carring zip ties in your vehicle. When someone does that and you finally manage to back out zip tie a shopping cart to their car handle. They will stop doing it pretty quickly.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
This is happening more and more in my area. A$$hat drives so inconsiderate and oblivious that they just do whatever whenever. Today coming out for lunch I notice a Honda fit completely over the parking line and is now in my lane. They were so close I couldn't even get to my driver door. They were about 4 inches from my car. I ended up having to get in through my passenger door to leave.

Now what is an appropriate action I can take in this scenario? My first reaction is to slash a tire or two or key the car. Or maybe wait for them to come out and confront them for being such an inconsiderate prick.

What does ATS think about people like this? And BTW in this instance, the Honda didn't even have anybody in the spot left of them. We were the only 2 cars for about 15 spaces. I intentionally park far away to avoid people dinging my car or worse.

I just find the road is filled with inattentive and self-absorbed drivers. While it still makes my blood boil, I've learned to just kind of forget and let live. I don't even think most of these asshats are even aware of what they are doing. They simply aren't paying attention to the act of driving, nor their surroundings.

I ride motorcycles and it will give you an entirely different perspective on car drivers. You really see how bad people drive when on a bike as you are way more exposed to harm, so you just notice things for your own safety a lot more than if you just drive a car.

The parking thing is annoying as it is disrespectful of others in a relatively harmless environment. I remember when I moved to Chicago I had a nice little sports car. It was immaculate. Parked it on Chicago streets a couple of times - lost a rear view mirror. Front and rear bumpers got badly damaged by people who can't parallel park.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Get them towed.

lulz abound.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I remember when they used to make big parking spots. Now they are made so you need to be gumby to get out the door.

Blame it on regulations that make the stores need so many parking spaces, they make them smaller to cram in more spots just in case the store is full of people, like Black Friday.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I remember a time when my (then) wife and I stayed at a motel in another city, and we spied a nice BMW parked way off by itself at the far side of the lot. So, we parked our very scruffy AMC Concord next to its driver's side, as close as we could get. We had a good laugh...

Another time, as we were sitting in the car, a woman parked next to us, and hit our car with her door. She did not apologize, so one of us whacked her car with OUR door a few good times, and we found a good spot in another lot to see what she did when she returned. Her reaction was priceless. We had a good laugh, and then some...

Good times.

Yawl are free to call me whatever...
edit on 1-2-2017 by Lazarus Short because: la de dah

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I just find the road is filled with inattentive and self-absorbed drivers. While it still makes my blood boil, I've learned to just kind of forget and let live. I don't even think most of these asshats are even aware of what they are doing. They simply aren't paying attention to the act of driving, nor their surroundings.

I think you are right, or at least hope you are. Not that I want people to be unaware of their surroundings but I drive a lot and see some really bad drivers every single day...

I was driving 200 miles a day back and forth to work and I will admit that there were times I caught myself doing something that pisses me off when other drivers do it... It does happen.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I had orange stickers made, 4"x6", that say "learn to park." They have really awesome adhesive, and are a pain to get off glass. Depending on how bad the park job is, is how I determine how many stickers their drivers side windshield get.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

Let the tyres down using your finger, so no criminal damage. Then leave a note behind the windscreen stating that they were over line causing considerable inconvenience to your crying grandchildren trying to get into the car and you let the tyres down so they could see how far over the line they were.

The cops won't do a damn thing when they read the note and without the note the driver has no evidence of wrongdoing.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I drive a suburban with a brush cage on the front, what I would do is bump into their front bumper with my brush guard to set off their airbags and then drive away.
I suppose you could carry a 5lb brass maul in your trunk and whack their bumper with it and it might set off their airbags.

paying a couple thousands dollars to have all the airbags and sensors replaced might cure them of their need to be an a$$hole.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

My husband did this once to two cars that boxed us in a spot during a dinner date, with a bicycle pump many years ago. It's not that it was just one crappy driver who couldn't park that irked us, it was two different a-holes, one on each side. We swore they did it deliberately just to be dicks.

2 cars & a couple of flats later, we squeezed in the doors (barely, and I'm surprised we got in at all) and left. I kinda wish we'd hung around to see their reactions, but then again, probably for the better that we'd left. I found it very amusing, and still remember the "non-violent payback" fondly. I also remember that as the evening I learned "Huh, a bike pump really CAN work on a car tire!"
edit on 2/2/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Here's what Firefighters do to cars that park in front of a fire hydrant. Seems they know what to do!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join