It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Bots Spamming Trump's FB Page with Praise

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: HerbertMountainDew

the average person's vocabulary is relatively narrow.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
During the Campaign the Hillary Campaign had "Correct the Record"
A lot of people were being paid to shill online.

It's now being done by American Bridge.

They are well known to "Brigade" subreddits with massive downvotes. This keeps topics off r/all which is the hub.

Thousands of people go to The_Donald sub everyday just to downvote everything.

Both sides have large numbers of phantom twitter users. Someone controls them somehow.

FB is a little harder. In today's political climate its as likely that 4chan people built some bots instead of anything official. Reddit used to have a ton of funny obvious trumpbots.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: HerbertMountainDew

the average person's vocabulary is relatively narrow.

Good point. Reading through FB threads can be painful. I guess the powers-that-be think the common man needs to clarify his point better, so they write it for him.

...And before autocorrect was installed on Facebook, it was frighteningly clear that the average person does not know how to spell either.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ah. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm not a FB guy either.

Clearly did not have enough coffee this morning.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

well...that's not true...of course depending on the Source used. the turnout for the 2016 vote surpassed 2008 election numbers according to:

Nearly 139 million Americans voted this year, according to the United States Elections Project. This sets a new overall record, surpassing the all-time high of 132 million Americans who voted in the 2008 contest between Barack Obama and John McCain.

www.businessinsider.com...

However a second Source:

While election officials are still tabulating ballots, the 126 million votes already counted means about 55% of voting age citizens cast ballots this year. That measure of turnout is the lowest in a presidential election since 1996, when 53.5% of voting-age citizens turned out.

www.cnn.com...

Here I think is where the numbers reflect more of the truth, it was a record turn out but more Republicans voted than Democrats:

Through the first 12 primaries of 2016, combined Republican turnout has been 17.3% of eligible voters – the highest of any year since at least 1980. Democratic turnout so far is 11.7% – the highest since 1992, with the notable exception of the extraordinarily high turnout in 2008.

www.pewresearch.org...

What is true and without argument is that not enough people vote period. Those numbers show about 60% of the total population not voting at all...a shame really in what is supposed to be the bastion of freedom

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
well...that's not true...of course depending on the Source used. the turnout for the 2016 vote surpassed 2008 election numbers according to:

I was using the percentage of voter turnout, your source is using absolute numbers which are absolutely meaningless because the population isn't the same.

What is true and without argument is that not enough people vote period. Those numbers show about 60% of the total population not voting at all...a shame really in what is supposed to be the bastion of freedom

I don't know about that, I happen to be on the side that fewer people should vote. Voting drives that encourage/motivate people to get out and vote, without those people understanding the issues at play, or worse yet even knowing the issues doesn't do anyone any good. It just adds more noise to the system and undermines the votes of the people who do comprehend issues.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
when you say fake bots are you saying that the bots aren`t real and that it`s actually real people who are flooding the page with praise?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join