It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Vs Hitler.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I am not saying Trump his any way near as bad as Hitler, nor am i saying he and or his supporters are fascists , Nazi's, anti-Semitic or have they committed genocide.....

Just want to get that out of the way first, yes I am making a comparison but I am not in anyway sitting about saying that Trump is as bad as Hitler, what i am saying is that I think he has the potential to be as dangerous as Hitler. Yes i also know that I am also perfectly demonstrating Godwins Law however I do think that there are some serious comparisons that can be made. Furthermore I think it is unwise of us not to acknowledge and discuss some of these similarities just because there seems to be some internet taboo about making Hitler comparisons.

There are some accurate comparisons that can be made between Hitler and Trump along with the Altr-Right movement and the Nazi movement. Now I can already smell the fumes as the Trump supporters of ATS light up their flames ready to grill me for this but like i said at the beginning I do not believe that Trump is in anyway as bad as Hitler..... yet.

So where exactly am i seeing these similarities?

Both Hitler and Trump lets face it where on the right of the political spectrum both held very strong nationalistic ideologies. My inspiration for this writing this thread actually comes from watching Trumps inauguration speech. You don’t even need to read between the lines of his speech to get the message that he has essentially flipped the bird to the rest of the world saying "piss of globalism, I am putting America first.... the rest of you can go....” Trump supporters might not like to acknowledge it but that is similar to the message that Hitler preached during his rise to power.

Another interesting similarity is that both men came to power during a time of economic and social unrest. Germany was facing a far worse economic situation when Hitler came to power in 1934 with massive hyperinflation. However Trump comes to power when the American national debt is at it highest, he takes over from a president who oversaw the worst economic crisis since the depression of the 1920's. Now yes the question of just how bad America’s economy is can be debated but I don’t think anyone would doubt that the level of debt has created an economic ticking time bomb.

The most obvious similarity between the two leaders in my view is how both Hitler and Trump have identified a group in society to blame for its problems and are targeting these groups. Hitler blamed it on the Jews, Trump is blaming it on the immigrants. You only have to look at how Trump has acted in his first few weeks to see this, ordering the building of his wall and his travel banns. He claims that the problems that have caused America’s economic problems have been the immigrants steaking “our” jobs or the big companies outsourcing to those dastardly Mexicans. He claims that American security is compromised by those Muslim immigrants so he shuts down anyone entering America from several Muslims states and shuts down the refugee program. Hitler used his political position and ideology to make anti-Semitism acceptable and Trump is doing the same to make xenophobia and islamophobia acceptable.

Trump is not as bad as Hitler, I doubt he ever will be but I believe that when we can see some similarities in just his first few weeks of office it makes him a grave threat to global security. Particularly if these trends continue.

Ohhhh and lastly…… the both have very bad hair.

edit on 1-2-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Hitler usurped power, waging aggressive war wth the world and everyone in it. Trump was elected and hasn't done anything yet.

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Insane.

ATS has indeed gone mad

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I'd have to disagree.

It's like saying Hitler worse shoes and Trump wears shoes. . . . . boom. Trump is Hitler.

Trump doesn't want world domination, isn't exterminating ISIS in concentration camps (idea, save it for later) nor is he using violence to get his point across.

If anything, the elements within the left, those that are using violence, threats, terror to convey their message, they are more like Hitler's Brown Shirts than anything else.

But just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
You should look into Trump being the reincarnation of Hitler.

You would be surprised with what you find.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Insane.

ATS has indeed gone mad

How the rest of the world felt two weeks ago.....

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I am thinking that making ATS big,it has become like Facebook,I don't see much facts,just person's opinions,spun out of control,motto used to be"Deny ignorance" haven't seen that of late

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
When "they" say: "How could Hitler happen?"

I'm seeing it now.

link   

I think Hitler would be sh*t scared of trump!
edit on 1-2-2017 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
link   

Hitler was an artist, so Picasso was like Hitler. Hitler was a vegetarian, so vegetarians are like Hitler.

Trump is blaming nothing on immigrants. He's married to an immigrant for christ's sake. The groups he blamed are criminals: illegal immigrants and radical Islamic terrorists.

link   

Funny! "I'm not saying...." and then you immediately go on to imply that the President is like Hitler.

I read enough in the first two sentences.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Really?

Somehow ATS needed this thread?

I came to check on the site and see if things have improved....clearly they have gotten worse. Complete insanity has taken hold.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Both Hitler and Trump lets face it where on the right of the political spectrum both held very strong nationalistic ideologies.

So here were yet another thread where 'Make America Great again' supposedly equals 'Blonde hair blue eye master race'.

America a country of a hundred different ethinicities and sociobackgrounds.

I want off this ride of false equivalencies.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
I am thinking that making ATS big,it has become like Facebook,I don't see much facts,just person's opinions,spun out of control,motto used to be"Deny ignorance" haven't seen that of late

ATS used to be about conspiracy theories now it is a discussion forum for the Alt-Right.

Things change, yes this is my opinion, I am open to that but also willing to discuss it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hitler was a short little guy that screamed a lot and had a stupid mustache. However Hitler did actual serve his country in battle. Whereas Trumop is a giant Oompa Loompa that pound for pound is a beast compared to Hitler. Both have ridiculous haircuts though.

Is hard to call, if they were ever aged equal and threw down, I'm not sure whether Trumps bulk or Hitlers real battle experience would win the day. I tend to side on experience though even if Hitler is goofy weird looking little man.

Oh and yes I purposely just read the title because it amused me. Deal with it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Oh here we go again..

Yet another Hitler comparison.

No just No.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Try this Democrat 'shoot themselves in the foot' fact.

Firstly Hitler was voted into power and started writing new laws that would eventually lead to his dictatorship.

Obama, with his Presidential Executive Orders has simply given their 'staged' enemy, all the ammo to enforce a NWO down Americans' throats anyway.

So, Obama and Bush Jnr set everything in motion. Trump is the NWO mechanism that will now put every executive order into action.

No one can blame Trump when the Executive Orders were written long before he walked into the White House. Always watch who the handlers and law makers are. They are the ones pulling the strings.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Damn. I was hoping this would have been one of those 'who would win in a fight' type threads.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN
Oh here we go again..

Yet another Hitler comparison.

No just No.

Try naming a dictator he hasn't been compared to. It proves to be a difficult task. Trevor Noah of the Daily Show managed to compare him to three African Dicators in one little segment. It's like catnip for those who cannot form any other arguments.

(post by BestinShow removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join