It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP leave Dems behind. Mnuchin and Price nominations advanced.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That is a lie.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

That is a lie.

TheRedneck

The fact that you think that shows why you don't understand liberals' sentiments right now.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TheRedneck

Who started it?

Donald J. Trump. End.

Uh-huh.

Are you really going to play born yesterday or have you fallen so thoroughly into the Ministry of Truth as all that.

If you have made a study of history, you know they were doing this back in the days of the Founders and it stands to reason it was going on long before that ...

Why! Wait! Having made something of a study of ancient Rome and what went on there ... yes, yes, it was. People in the Roman forum and Senate were busy calling each other nasty names over their politics even back then, and I can go back to the Greek city states is need be because they were doing then too.

I'll bet somewhere, at some point in time, one caveman learned a nasty name and called another caveman that name.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I don't think anything. I know.

Here's the situation. Every kid on the playground saw you throw the first punch. You got punched back hard. Now you're on the ground with a bloody nose and you're swinging wildly, crying loudly, and screaming "He started it!" Everyone else is watching and laughing at you.

So what do you do? Yell uncle and hope your attacker stops or keep being the laughingstock of the playground?

Hypothetical question. You've already answered it several times in this one thread.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So you are going to honestly sit there and say that Trump's entire rhetoric and aggressive tone is just politics as usual?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

So you are going to honestly sit there and say that Trump's entire rhetoric and aggressive tone is just politics as usual?

People just aren't used to hearing it from the opposition.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You think that is the situation? So I should just sit there and take your abuse with a smile on my face? Yeah. I think I'm going to stop listening to your opinions... That was the lamest excuse I've ever seen defending acting like a playground bully.
edit on 1-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No. Nothing Trump is doing is something the left did. You can't accuse the other side of wrong doing and bar lowering to excuse yourself acting like children. When Bush Jr. was in office, I didn't feel like liberals were under attack. Yes, there was mud slinging, but both sides still came together and worked together. With Trump I feel like liberals will literally be politically suppressed, and clearly his supporters will cheer it on.
edit on 1-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

When it comes to name calling, who can say? Both sides will say the other side it first and I'm sure both sides could make compelling arguments.

When it comes to acting as a Party of No simply out of spite? That's and easy one. The Republicans. Thanks for admitting that the Right should have expected this kind of response from the Left after they employed it for eight years.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You seem to have forgotten the Bush years.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

And you seem to have forgotten the Clinton years, which included a full govt shutdown and an impeachment scandal. This just proves Xcalibur254's point.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Nope, didn't forget them at all. I knew someone would bring them up. Thanks for not disappointing.

There were the Reagan years ... Before that there was opposition ...

I could refer you back to the post I wrote to Krazy about how this is something that is nothing new and has been happening all the way back to Roman and Greek times and earlier.

You know, I think Disraeli wrote and excellent series on the Biblical account of the political backbiting going on in the kingdom of Israel too.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Yeah, that's how I see it, and how I believe the majority sees it. The guy who hits back at a bully is not the bully.

But no bully has ever admitted to being one.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Well, someone earlier made a good point. To some extent, that goes back to the cavemen. So I have to admit to that... whoever started it is long, long dead and buried.

But I and many others first noticed it in the extremes it has grown into during the Li'l Bush years, growing out of control under Obama, and culminating with a "basket of deplorables." That remark cost Clinton the election. Period. People are tired of it. And if it doesn't stop, it will be the end of the Democratic Party. You can argue about who did what to who when and why it didn't matter from now till doomsday; all you are doing is trying (unsuccessfully) to justify something that the people have already passed judgement on.

As for this "party of no" nonsense that I will admit to bringing up... a lot of those no's were no because the people wanted them to be no. Nowhere is it suggested that a representative of the people has a duty to agree with every other representative. Sometimes no is the right answer.

That said, I never liked the Republican response to Obama, and I certainly don't like it multiplied as it has been since November. If it ticked people off at the Republicans, why do you think it won't do the same to the Democrats?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

But they showed up to do that.

Your guys are just taking their toys home and refusing to play.

And to what end? It gained them nothing but to further demonstrate how flawed your party has become.

They might as well. They cannot stop anything given the majorities in both House and Senate, along with the President.

What would they gain from opposition at this juncture, given that they are powerless to do anything substantive?

Just remember this:
Every. Single. Thing. Republicans. Do. They. Now. Own.

Swallow that pill. It will not be a pleasant one.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Not so fast. You guys, in my opinion, need to hold the DNC and others on the left to account. Get your # together and become a rational and meaningful opposition party.

And together, everyone needs to hold the MSM to account.

Time to put this country back together again.

Nope.

You get to lay in the bed. I'll just watch.
edit on 20Wed, 01 Feb 2017 20:03:24 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

What would they gain from opposition at this juncture, given that they are powerless to do anything substantive?

Respect.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

No. Nothing Trump is doing is something the left did. You can't accuse the other side of wrong doing and bar lowering to excuse yourself acting like children. When Bush Jr. was in office, I didn't feel like liberals were under attack. Yes, there was mud slinging, but both sides still came together and worked together. With Trump I feel like liberals will literally be politically suppressed, and clearly his supporters will cheer it on.

you are right
liberals lost
they get no input
since reid changed the senate rules the left is screwed
protest,obstruct,scream and stomp your feet it doesnt matter
get decent judges on the scotus
fix obamacare
fix immigration
create jobs
if trump is REMOTELY successful it will be way more than 2 years

this started in 2010

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Your actually wrong to get Obama's appointment through congress Harry Red did the same exact thing. Harry Reid started a bad precedent he didn't want to negotiate so he changed the rules. Now the Republicans don't want to change the rules back of course because it's to there advantage. Even at the time I was screaming mad at Harry I knee this was going to come back and bite democrats on he @$$.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Greven

Respect.

From who, exactly?

Republicans sure ain't going to vote for them - not with the radicalization that has happened over the past 8 years on the right. Democrats are pissed at a lot of things, including Hillary Clinton's pathetic campaign.

How, precisely, are they going to win respect when Republicans in Congress can essentially ignore them like they just did in the OP?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join