It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP leave Dems behind. Mnuchin and Price nominations advanced.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not going to get any help from me.

Considering you just doubled down on the hypocrisy... thank God! Please don't help.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

So using your opinion, if what he does and how he behaves is so bad, why do you choose to emulate him?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yeah god forbid you guys try to extend an olive branch and try to way-lay some of our concerns. Nah. Just keep fostering that division instead.
edit on 1-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I did wonder yesterday how long it would take before we had Democrats fleeing their jobs to try to avoid voting like they tried in Wisconsin.

Who's obstructionist now?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yeah god forbid you guys try to extend an olive branch and try to way-lay some of our concerns. Nah. Just keep fostering that division instead.

Why is it always the Republicans who have to extend olive branches by giving Democrats what they want?

I don't remember much of that happening over the course of the past 8 years. I seem to remember hearing that elections have consequences and ... I won.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

funny i didn't hear dem whiners when harry and company passed the simple majority rule.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Why is it always the Republicans who have to extend olive branches by giving Democrats what they want?

I don't remember much of that happening over the course of the past 8 years. I seem to remember hearing that elections have consequences and ... I won.

BULL #ING #! Obama did everything in his power to work together with the Republicans. That is how we ended up with the ACA looking like it did. He asked the Republicans to help write the bill. Then they disavowed everything to do with the bill after wards. Time and again Obama tried this because he wanted to compromise, but the Republicans became a party of no so he eventually just stopped trying and tried to do things without them.

But if you honestly believe that Obama didn't try to extend olive branches to the right, then you are seriously partisan deluded.

link   

Yeah god forbid you guys try to extend an olive branch...

Ironic, coming from you.

Oh, well.

link   
a reply to: Noncents

I don't know. Maybe?

I used to have hope for the Libertarians... but they've been absorbed by the RNC, and what's left nominated Gary Johnson. Again.

Green Party is a joke.

Constitution Party never caught traction.

It might be more likely that the Republican Party would split... the Trump supporters versus the McCain/Graham supporters. Maybe the former will call themselves the Trump Party... that would probably finish off anyone still teetering on the edge of insanity.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Are you just TRYING to pick a fight with me with these petty attacks? Can you not talk about the topic? Or is being a rude jackass (and proving my point about the right) just engrained into your head at this point? You know, I ignored your first rude comment for a reason. Apparently you didn't get the hint.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

We did extend an olive branch. Your party used it to bash windows out in a riot.

Your turn.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

We did extend an olive branch. Your party used it to bash windows out in a riot.

Your turn.

TheRedneck

Really? I must have missed it while sorting through the constant labeling of being a snowflake, militant, libtard, dumb, illogical, violent, and all the other hate said about me and my political stance, not to mention the near incessant gloating about Trump winning, since the election ended. If you think you guys extended some sort of olive branch to the left, then you don't know what that entails.

link   
Whoah boy.. Republicans grew a set!

link   

Trump is essentially a third party, anti-establishment, GOP insurgent, that Americans on the right elected to repudiate the establishment of the party.

Explain to me how it's relevant what the GOP did in the past again?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Because no matter what you say about him and the establishment, he is enacting the right wing establishment's agenda. Just to an extreme and very hostile degree.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Are you just TRYING to pick a fight with me with these petty attacks? Can you not talk about the topic? Or is being a rude jackass (and proving my point about the right) just engrained into your head at this point? You know, I ignored your first rude comment for a reason. Apparently you didn't get the hint.

Addressing you is a petty attack?

lol

M'kay.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Uh-huh ...

Obama's idea of a compromise is:

I tell you what you want and you vote for that.

It doesn't matter if what he said was actually what anyone wanted or not. There was no discussing that.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Trump crew vs McCain/Graham crew... that's a scary thought right there. At least the debates would be even more comedic though. I don't honestly think the independents will ever have a chance but I do think some people will jump ship and run independent anyway just to distance themselves from the other parties while they slowly melt down.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

What olive branch was that? Like I've said before I was all for actual bipartisan cooperation following the election. I was told to shut up because the Republicans now had a mandate.

So have at it. Anything that befalls this country now falls on the heads of the Right.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Uh-huh ...

Obama's idea of a compromise is:

I tell you what you want and you vote for that.

It doesn't matter if what he said was actually what anyone wanted or not. There was no discussing that.

This is partisan bull#.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join