It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So smoking was not such a good idea . Timelines

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
You know how you have read or heard about a smokers arteries narrowing but never met someone who had this happen to them , well here i am .I have PAD ( peripheral artery disease ) . Now in most cases this can be fixed with angioplasty followed by a stent if needed . Well that boat has sailed a long time ago , and in my case I need Vascular surgery , and its quite the big operation as my surgeon has stressed many times . Basically my Aorta gets bypassed down into my legs , both of them , and its an operation that is not without considerable risks . But here is the thing . If i did not have that first cigarette the whole time line changes . Would i have the same children i have now . Would i have even married the same person , does that 5 minutes multiply . Am i justifying smoking in my own mind . Thoughts ATS . I chose to smoke , but if i did not who knows .
ETA this is more about the butterfly effect than the smoking side but i appreciate all advice and will look into it .

edit on 1-2-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

It all depends on if you believe in fate/predestination etc.

If you do then it wouldn't have mattered if you smoked or not. Your wife, kids and life would be the way they are now, regardless of if you smoked or not.

If you don't believe in fate/predestination etc, then who knows what your life would have been like if you didn't smoke.

I'm in 2 minds about fate. Certain things make me wonder if it is actually real. For example. If I didn't start working online, I wouldn't have met my ex. If I didn't meet my ex, I wouldn't have moved to Scotland. If I didn't move to Scotland, I wouldn't have been a taxi driver. If I wasn't a taxi driver, I wouldn't have met my now wife. If I didn't meet my now wife, I wouldn't be having a baby girl in May.

But it could all just be random cause and effect.
edit on 122017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Thats kind of what i was trying to articulate. I trip on my way home all those years ago and break an ankle everything changes from there on .

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
CAD here, stent in primary artery.
Give up the burning hydrocarbons.
Take some risk of a lithium battery exploding in your face.
All my nicotine addicted musician friends of any stature (advanced age) switched to vaping.
Or really expensive cigars. With my COPD being around cigars and cigarettes is dangerous. Vape-ers not so much.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I get what you're saying. It all comes down to what you believe.

No one can prove either way as you can't rewind the clock, do something different and see if anything changes in the future.

It's a very philosophical question with, I'm afraid, no answers.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

It's a very philosophical question with, I'm afraid, no answers.

Yes i agree to a point . But its hard to believe the same little tadpole is going to be the one 15 years on . Never know i guess .

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

Take some risk of a lithium battery exploding in your face.

I am sorry but i dont understand that bit . Then again no one ever accused me of being a rocket scientist .

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Thousands of people with arterial issues are changing their lives with a WFPB diet. There is tons of info on it. There's Eat You Alive, Forks not Knives for starters. Some swear up and down that arteriosclerosis can be reversed. I personally know someone with a 90 plus blockage on one carotid and 60 on another who has been reversing. So OP, maybe you can jump timelines again?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The story of how I met my [ recently ex ] wife is so full of "what ifs" that if just one of those things hadn't happened, we'd have never got together. Do I believe in "Destiny"?................You know....I don't really care. I got 2 wonderful kids out of all those coincidences and that's enough for me.
The Bad comes with a lot of Good, take it for what it is.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Vapes run on lithium batteries and have been known [ rarely ] to explode.
edit on 1-2-2017 by DAVID64 because: I made a mistake..ok?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Some swear up and down that arteriosclerosis can be reversed.

Sadly at this stage i have to run with the surgeon , my artery is not blocked it has narrowed to almost nothing . My right leg is getting most of its blood from my stomach for instance . But . I appreciate the tips .

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

You should still look into it - WFPB/anti inflammatory diet - becasue something in your body has gone wonky and you don't want to have to do it again.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Smoking helps prevent forms of invisible nanobots from attaching to you or breathing them in. They like "clean" air and travel on radiowaves. Similar to smoking a cigarette or cigar or pipe to keep the insects off you. There is no being healthy on this planet. You just do what you do to survive.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

becasue something in your body has gone wonky and you don't want to have to do it again.

Its called cigarette smoking sadly but i will look into your WFPB . Thank you . But i am pretty much an omnivore . lol

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWingedMonolith

Smoking helps prevent forms of invisible nanobots from attaching to you or breathing them in.

Thank you for that advice but we have some damn good insect repellent here in Australia that can deal with nano bots .I think .

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I quit cold-turkey back in '08 (on April Fool's Day, no less) after smoking since about 1996, so probably a good solid 12 years. I'm glad that I did, both for health and financial reasons (the cost of a pack these days is asinine).

I wish you the best in your health from here on out.

As for the philosophical thoughts...back away from "The Butterfly Effect." It'll screw with your head.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

If you can afford it, stimulate your lymphatic system with a light massage. I mean it's super light. If you don't believe this works try doing your face and neck and watch your sinuses drain immediately. I mean immediately. Look at a picture mapping out the flow. You use your finger tips. The touch is super light. They are right under your skin. Do not do it even slightly hard. Do it. Amazing isn't it.

Here's a link to pictures that map out your body's sewer system, I mean lympatic system. This is the direction you want the massage. Have your wife do it.

www.google.com... hWDNSYKHc0lCxYQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=559

Do some stretches and go on a brisk walk for 30 min. Is that too much to ask?

Destiny, fate? There are some really EASY things you can do now to help yourself and still enjoy a cigarette or two that doesn't have all the other crap in it. Smoke Toe bac coe.
edit on 1-2-2017 by WhiteWingedMonolith because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

www.dresselstyn.com...

www.drfuhrman.com...

www.forksoverknives.com...

Well, don't rule it out without at least educating yourself. This is your next timeline jump, right here. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWingedMonolith

Or 15 minutes a day on a rebounder/mini-tramp.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

edit on 1-2-2017 by WhiteWingedMonolith because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join