It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random Stabbing Rampage in Hollywood And No Perp Identity Given Why Not?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

If you have ever been to or near Hollywood,you have people who left from mid west or southern states all gone to make it big in Hollywood,so you have several people on the streets living in dispair,so likelyhood of one snapping? happens quite a bit,some strange individuals there,and most aren't native to Calif

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
a reply to: loam
But by withholding the demographic information it just creates unnecessary speculation for people like myself.

That sounds like a personal problem.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Because there seems to be a conspiracy of sorts to shout out loud when something is done by a white, but completely obfuscate it when done by blacks or arabs...

That you even needed to ask that question shows either that you are disingenuous or are lacking in reading comprehension.

Jaden

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well, just to play the devil's advocate for a moment...(but certainly not to defend the motivations of the lying MSM)...

Race / ethnic background are often prominently called out in news stories when there is a fugitive at large and a manhunt underway. Not so much when a fugitive is caught or killed.

Further to the devil's advocate part...there's also another way of looking at this. Leaving out the perp's race doesn't inflame the BLM groups who would be screaming about another black suicide by cop.

So there's that.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

It doesn't seem there was any racial motivation to these attacks. Probably why nobody made a big thing out the stabby guy's race.

Typically, race is mentioned when attacks are known to be racially motivated, or when the perpetrator has not been found (as part of the description.)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

...stabby guy's...

That's funny!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Not reporting it also supports racist views because most all assume if the ethnicity is witheld, the perp is black.

All that not reporting it does is confirm in the mind of the viewer that the reporting media is witholding facts to support a propaganda agenda. And that has led to total distrust in the MSM. A self-censoring press doing so for PC reasons is not a free press.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Not reporting it also supports racist views because most all assume if the ethnicity is witheld, the perp is black.

All that not reporting it does is confirm in the mind of the viewer that the reporting media is witholding facts to support a propaganda agenda. And that has led to total distrust in the MSM. A self-censoring press doing so for PC reasons is not a free press.

Totally disagree. Race does NOT matter in this case, unless the guy was screaming "Die White People!" or something of the sort.

Do you also want to know whether he's more of a Hot Wheels or Matchbox guy? Obese? Thin? Does eye color make a difference to you? What other completely irrelevant details should be included in the reporting?

It seems you want race to be relevant here, where it simply is not - hence the lack of inclusion. It would be exceedingly awkward to have pointed out his race in this instance.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy

After reading the story and one published by The Sun, first two things I thought were 1) meth, and 2) schizophrenia.
With schizophrenics making up 1% of the population thats a lot of crazy murderers out there. You'd think it would be a national health crisis by now.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

1) You totally missed my point, it being about the integrity, (or in the US, lack thereof) of the MSM; then
2) Not relevant? Tell that to the BLM bunch. In the US, everything, everyday is all about "Race"; its always relevant!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I don't disagree.....

....but its a pure dog whistle agenda that drove it to begin with. Reporting racial data in crime reports is what drove Reefer Madness. As it pertains to Texas, it drove radical (and disjointed when considered against our gun laws) knife laws meant to target hispanics.

Its irrelevant unless we are describing a suspect on the loose.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

The perp was shot dead and no longer poses a threat...so we don't need to know what he looks like anymore. People in that area are safe now and don't need to be on look out for a certain looking person.
Isn't a good thing that the media isn't pointing out a specific ethnicity/race/skin color...? The only reason the media needs to explain what a dangerous person looks like is if they are on the loose, otherwise, perhaps the mass media mindset is changing for the better in regards to the topic of OP.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I want to know who the criminal is, all of it, does that makes me racist?

I just want to know.

This is starting to sound ridiculous and not I have never been a political correct person.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join