It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random Stabbing Rampage in Hollywood And No Perp Identity Given Why Not?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
By now probably most of you have heard/read about this story. On January 31 around 2pm a man "in his 30s" began randomly stabbing people starting around Sunset Blvd and ended up at a Jack In The Box (who couldve guessed?!) where police responded to the call and shot him dead.

www.latimes.com... shooting-hollywood-20170131-story.html

So heres my beef with the story. As you can divine from my title, NONE of the accounts no matter which news source mention any details about the man except that he appeared to be in his 30s. Care to take a wild guess why they are not releasing any other details about him? This plot is so worn out and recycled that by now most of us pretty much know the reason: liberal media bias playing down non white perpetrated crimes.

I'm sick and tired of media purporting to be objective and operating with any journalistic integrity all apparently taking their marching orders from some unknown entity, and it appears even the police are cooperating or else why would THEY ALSO be keeping the mans identity secret? Are they waiting for someone to give them a cooked version of events or just what?

Does anyone know if any of the victims have come forward with details about the perp?

Apparently there has been a twitter storm with allegations the perp was a white supremacist but so far nothing has been confirmed.

http://w ww.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/584173/Donald-Trump-Hollywood-stabbing-CNN-Sunset-Boulevard-Jack-In-The-Box-knife-California

(post by fusiondoe removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
religion of peace strikes again?

or maybe just the run of the mill hollyweird crazy?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

Maybe they don't know who he is yet. That area has a lot of homeless people with severe mental health issues.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

After reading the story and one published by The Sun, first two things I thought were 1) meth, and 2) schizophrenia.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Apparently he was well known by some of the businesses down there. That makes me think homeless guy.

edit on 1-2-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Here's video from inside the Jack in the Box.

ETA...I'd say he looks FAR from being a "white supremist"!! In fact, if he was you could bet the media would be shouting just that from every rooftop!!

edit on 2/1/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

thanks for the screen cap, that make it far more clear.

i just dont understand why they wouldnt say "deranged black homeless man" etc....and it would be a non story. But by withholding the demographic information it just creates unnecessary speculation for people like myself.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

This was on the local news at 6 am.

Source

The blur the suspect but you can tell it's not a Caucasian.
edit on 1-2-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Why does it matter what color he was?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Agree. I don't notice the absence of race identity when reading a story, and instead think about the terror and fear felt by victims and witnesses.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

why dont you ask the news agencies why they have historically always given as much demographic information as possible when reporting crimes? And why they pick and choose to sometimes give it and sometimes not? Do you not think reading/hearing news all of your life and becoming accustomed to a certain format and delivery of information creates an expectation because i do.

regardless, i dont care about the color of a persons skin because they committed a crime, but if the news orgs are going to make a habit out of reporting it and then they decide not to i have every reason to consider it suspect. It speaks to motive and possible politicization.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
I'm sick and tired of media purporting to be objective and operating with any journalistic integrity all apparently taking their marching orders from some unknown entity, and it appears even the police are cooperating or else why would THEY ALSO be keeping the mans identity secret? Are they waiting for someone to give them a cooked version of events or just what?

In most cases where there is a death involved (attacker or victim, police-involved shooting or not), the identity is routinely kept anonymous until family is notified. Maybe that hasn't happened yet.

Other than that, though, I do share some of your concerns about the obvious conspiracy in the media to downplay crimes that may be linked to thinks like lone-wolf terror attacks.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Let me ask you this: why would you need to know, or feel it relevant to have reported, details such as his race or national origin (unless he is here illegally, which is a relevant detail)?

WHat you are asking for is reporting to support racist views.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Let me ask you this: why would you need to know, or feel it relevant to have reported, details such as his race or national origin (unless he is here illegally, which is a relevant detail)?

WHat you are asking for is reporting to support racist views.

Race, national origin, and even religion.

These would support the current narrative that the MSM are so eager to deny.

So denying these facts, in some way leads to an obvious conclusion.

Perhaps a nutter on a rampage, or perhaps someone screaming specific phrases as he terrorised society.

Who can ever tell... but one thing is for sure, had it been anything other, those facts would not be omitted.

this is the world we've made. and this is the world we now live in.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

a reply to: raymundoko why dont you ask the news agencies why they have historically always given as much demographic information as possible when reporting crimes? And why they pick and choose to sometimes give it and sometimes not? Do you not think reading/hearing news all of your life and becoming accustomed to a certain format and delivery of information creates an expectation because i do. regardless, i dont care about the color of a persons skin because they committed a crime, but if the news orgs are going to make a habit out of reporting it and then they decide not to i have every reason to consider it suspect. It speaks to motive and possible politicization.

hope that clarifies.

it has absolutely nothing to do with being racist or wanting to know if "darkie" did it. The news orgs themselves created the expectation by routinely reporting detailed information about perpetrators of crime. I didnt know it was a policy to keep that information secret if the perp had died. I would be interested in knowing if that policy is by department, by state or nationwide.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The press create an expectation during an era when reporting to white people was the norm. So details about race were included to help feed the confirmation bias of the public.

In all honestly, media has always been garbage as far as I can tell. There really never was a golden age.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Why does it matter what color he was?

Because the MSM,DNC, and Self proclaimed Black leaders try to increase racial tension when ever possible for their own benefit , by disproportionally reporting only White on Black crimes with no disregard for the racial tension and consequences of their actions that will ignite a racial war.

Nobody likes to be labelled a victim or a villain and that is exactly what the MSM,DNC, and Self proclaimed Black leaders are preaching.

They stereotype that the Whiles are the villains and the Blacks are the victims. Its a perfect combination for racial tension , a racial war and animosity towards each other, since nobody likes to be a victim or vilified.

But hey while we fight against each other the good news is that the MSM,DNC, and Self proclaimed Black leaders are laughing on the way to the bank.

I have no idea of the details of this incident so I don't know if racial tension was involved but that is why Color is always stated or retracted by the MSM.

edit on 40228America/ChicagoWed, 01 Feb 2017 09:40:25 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: tribal

why dont you ask the news agencies why they have historically always given as much demographic information as possible when reporting crimes? And why they pick and choose to sometimes give it and sometimes not? Do you not think reading/hearing news all of your life and becoming accustomed to a certain format and delivery of information creates an expectation because i do.

regardless, i dont care about the color of a persons skin because they committed a crime, but if the news orgs are going to make a habit out of reporting it and then they decide not to i have every reason to consider it suspect. It speaks to motive and possible politicization.
This ^

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

If you have ever been to or near Hollywood,you have people who left from mid west or southern states all gone to make it big in Hollywood,so you have several people on the streets living in dispair,so likelyhood of one snapping? happens quite a bit,some strange individuals there,and most aren't native to Calif

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join