It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Donald Trump and Steve Bannon's coup in the making

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Yep, but to draw the comparison to Trump doesn't work. Trump wasn't appointed. He was elected.

So if you're looking for the new American Hitler, you always have to look at the appointed posts.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: ketsuko

Seriously? You're explaining this to me? Good lord woman, it was sarcasm.
Thanks. If I need a junior high civics class mini- lecture, I'll know who to call.

lol.

Hard to tell through the vapors.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

i like accurate history. who won the popular vote has never mattered much to me once i found out in middle school how our system works.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

According to the rules of the game, Hitler was appointed by the legitimate authority.

after years of mannipulating the system and the SA strong arming voters.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Simply put: Trumps election ended the coup. Hillary would have completed it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Trump said he was going to drain the swamp, what exactly did you think he meant by that? "The State" that Trump and Bannon are "destroying" is totally corrupt, they are the ones who have lead us to $20 Trillion in debt and disastrous wars all over the ME, and are trying to start WW3 with Russia. I hope Trump and Bannon succeed, it's our only hope of saving the country.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

According to the rules of the game, Hitler was appointed by the legitimate authority.

after years of mannipulating the system and the SA strong arming voters.

Man sounds a bit like Trump when you put it like that.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

when did trump run for office before this last election? when did trump form his own political party? tell me when trump went to prison for trying to stage a armed coup? show me pictures of trumps brown shirts?

oh that's right you can't.

if you can't provide factual information, why even bother posting stupid comments.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Only way I can see a coup in the making is if Trump is taken down by nefarious action leaving Pence in charge a la JFK style.

Thing is... I do worry about this sort of thing.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

when did trump run for office before this last election? when did trump form his own political party? tell me when trump went to prison for trying to stage a armed coup? show me pictures of trumps brown shirts?

oh that's right you can't.

if you can't provide factual information, why even bother posting stupid comments.

Trump has ran for president a few times. Mostly he failed to garner any support. But he used his presence in the media to gain nation wide household name recognition over the years. Finally broke the system with lies and fake populism.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Doesn't fit the definition:

A quick and decisive seizure of governmental power by a strong military or political group

If someone is democratically elected into power, it is actually the exact opposite of a coup.

C'mon man!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Trump never ran for any politician office before this run. ask one of your teachers at school how to look that up and verify it.

edit on 1-2-2017 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: KEACHI
a reply to: Profusion

Doesn't fit the definition:

A quick and decisive seizure of governmental power by a strong military or political group

If someone is democratically elected into power, it is actually the exact opposite of a coup.

C'mon man!

A coup can happen after they come into the government.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
No dumb # that's wrong

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It doesn't matter.

Listen to the rhetoric coming from them at all levels.

I am genuinely afraid of what they will do to punish those of us who disagreed with what they wanted, and make no mistake, they view this not as something reasonable people disagree over, but as a personal slight and the height of evil.

They will move to remove Trump, and it may be over nothing but the smallest misstep and then they will take revenge. They may very well become the monster they think they are trying to save themselves from. Think about that and what it will mean.

Have you seen the rhetoric from some of the right-wingers on this site and on the broader web?

Daily I see quotes like 'hang them for treason', 'send them to camps', and these people are chafing at the bit to take their own 'revenge'.

The rhetoric is hardly limited in scope to those on the left.

edit on 1-2-2017 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: KEACHI
No dumb # that's wrong

Russia was a democracy after the fall of the USSR and now Putin is still in power years after he should not have been.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

nope, he only pretend to be interested in running in 1988, 1999, 2004, 2012 for president, 2006 and 2014 for governor of new york, never officially ran. now that i think about it he might have ran for a couple of month for the reform party in 1999, but dropped out. see he was even going for reform back then.

that is still is a long way from forming his on party and having a secret police force, or staging armed coup.
as i have said time and time again trump has a flare for showmanship, and is good at it he keeps people baffled that way.
he also knows how to get things done.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

leans into microphone WRONG.

A democratic coup does not exist. CNN is wrong again.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
First of all, CNN is reliable even if every once in a while they make a mistake. They usually report the facts correctly (I research those myself to verify) while Fox news routinely uses false facts to back its opinions.

Secondly - Trump's appointees like the head of the EPA, Scott Pruitt, are against the agencies they have been appointed to lead. So that goes to show that Trump is planning on dismantling government agencies. He also values loyalty. It looks like he is building a team that will give him a lot of power and he is dismantling agencies that stand in his way. He also appointed Bannon to the National Security Council and took the joint chiefs of staff out. His executive orders are bypassing congress even though there is a Republican majority. It doesn't take much to piece together the dots and agree with CNN on this one, even though they take it to the extreme.
edit on 02amThu, 02 Feb 2017 00:03:00 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

One thing I disagree with was that the flurry of executive orders were calculated to take attention away from Trump consolidating power. For one, I think he just likes to do things fast so it is no surprise that he would do both at once. For another, the facts I mentioned above have hardly flown under the radar.
edit on 02amThu, 02 Feb 2017 00:06:06 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join