It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Donald Trump and Steve Bannon's coup in the making

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

As Conway implies, these first days of the Trump administration could be considered a prologue to a bigger drama, and one that reflects the thinking of Trump and Bannon alike. From their actions and pronouncements, we cannot exclude an intention to carry out a type of coup.

Many may raise their eyebrows at my use of this word, which brings to mind military juntas in faraway countries who use violence and the element of surprise to gain power. Our situation is different. Trump gained power legally but this week has provided many indications that his inner circle intends to shock or strike at the system, using the resulting spaces of chaos and flux to create a kind of government within the government: one beholden only to the chief executive.

CNN: Donald Trump and Steve Bannon's coup in the making

I don't care if you consider CNN to be "fake news" or not. There is something major going on on a societal level...

CNN has become what Infowars used to be, and Infowars has become what CNN used to be.

Can you believe it? I realize that statement isn't perfect. CNN doesn't always publish conspiratorial articles, and Infowars doesn't always act as the public relations department for the U.S. federal government. There's been enough of a reversal there to make me wonder how it happened, that's for sure.

As to the article linked to above, I feel like there's enough smoke to be fire. Bannon has repeatedly talked about "destroying the state." Should we take that seriously?
edit on 1-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

No. CNN is a joke. And so is Infowars.

They should look up the definition of the word Coup.

Trump was elected. If one is democratically elected that is the exact opposite of a coup.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

As to the article linked to above, I feel like there's enough smoke to be fire. Bannon has repeatedly talked about "destroying the state." Should we take that seriously?

If Trump gets his way, it's the end of the current status quo, yes. If you fear ending corruption and wasteful spending and nation building, don't be afraid, be terrified.

I seriously doubt he'll accomplish his goal. The entire world system is involved with the corruption and greed. Lots of billionaires to battle. It will be interesting, scary and at times entertaining to watch.

Don't touch that dial!!

edit on 1-2-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

To me the problem with CNN and Infowars are that they cried wolf too many times to be counted as trustworthy news sources. I will still read what they both have to say ... but with a grain of salt.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Trump was elected. If one is democratically elected that is the exact opposite of a coup.

No. It can be merely the first step in a coup. Chaos calls for extreme measures to insure public safety.The press is reigned in to prevent it from stirring up trouble. The legislature is unable to control the situation and is "temporarily" suspended or dismissed. Local elected officials replaced. The military called in to restore order... It worked for Hitler in 1933.

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I don't care if you consider CNN to be "fake news" or not.

They've reported so many blatantly false and intentionally misleading articles why would anyone consider them legitimate?

I can only hope he does. "The State" is a self serving entity operating under the illusion that they give a damn about the common man.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I don't care if you consider CNN to be "fake news" or not. There is something major going on on a societal level...

of course something is going on, trump said he was going to make America great again. and in order to do that you have to git rid of all the old bullsh@@ that ____ it up in the first place and that is what he is doing.

seems everybody is scared of that, i say ____ yeah! now he needs to do something about the IRS and ATF.

edit on 1-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Doesn't seem to have turned out too badly for Bush and Co in 2001 either.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

He had to tell his storm trooper friends to burn down the Reichstag first. Let me know when the Capitol goes up in flames.

And Hitler wasn't elected. The NSDAP, despite being the largest party, could never form a government due to the other Parties forming coalitions to stop them.

The chancellor was appointed by the President, so Hitler had the party plunge the country into total chaos so that Hindenburg had no option but to appoint him Chancellor. And thus allow him to form the Government.

That doesn't sound even remotely similar to Trumps election to me. Seems like you're just making yet another inaccurate Trump = Hitler comparison.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

No. CNN is a joke. And so is Infowars.

They should look up the definition of the word Coup.

Okay, I did take a look at cnn.com.
Did you recently take a look?

Because it does not look like trash.

Sure, it is not pro-Trump. But how could that be the only important factor?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

They've reported so many blatantly false and intentionally misleading articles why would anyone consider them legitimate?

I think you're thinking of Fox. CNN is mostly reliable.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

No, Infowars is not CNN and never will be. CNN could become like Infowars but it would talk plenty more methinks.

It's long overdue for the media to realize that they don't control the flow of information. They don't get to create the narrative and if they wish to be a staple in the worlds lives they need to do real journalism and report it with as little spin as possible if they want to be known as a news agency.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Okay, I did take a look at cnn.com. Did you recently take a look? Because it does not look like trash. Sure, it is not pro-Trump. But how could that be the only important factor?

something does not have to look like trash to be trash.
cnn is known for making stuff up, and pretending to be somewhere they are not.
that does not lean towards credibility, also they are known for stacking the deck and only showing their views.

and besides that, the member you replied to didn't say trash he said they were a joke.
and yes they are very laughable.

ETA: here is one, it's kinda old but 2013 but if notice i think both are still working there ot the sister network HLN, so if they would do something like that once who's to say they wouldn't do it again or that any or all their anchors or reporters wouldn't.
if you click the video, it enlarges and you can see the same black suv and bus pass by behind of them, just split seconds apart.
CNN anchors pretend they're having a "satellite interview" even though they're in the same parking lot.

edit on 1-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

From your source:

Ruth Ben-Ghiat is a frequent contributor to CNN Opinion and a professor of history and Italian studies at New York University. Her latest book is "Italian Fascism's Empire Cinema." The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author.

CNN is distancing itself from the contributor yet still publishing the article...it's craziness.

Also:

The onslaught of executive orders

Tell me, who signed more EO's over their first two weeks. Clinton, Bush, Obama or Trump?
edit on 1-2-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

He had to tell his storm trooper friends to burn down the Reichstag first. Let me know when the Capitol goes up in flames.

The chancellor was appointed by the President, so Hitler had the party plunge the country into total chaos so that Hindenburg had no option but to appoint him Chancellor. And thus allow him to form the Government.

No danger of that happening here, right?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

People are going to blow this speculation by CNN off, but I think they are on the right track. This administration will lead us into war, and a big one. This does four things that I can see that will play into the hands of this administration:

1. Creates multiple opportunities for chaos and crisis they can exploit.

2. The population tend to rally behind their leadership (at least temporarily in times of war).

3. War is profitable for the elite few in a position to take advantage.

4. It is the ultimate continuation of the strategy to ferment chaos within the current establishment; they will be drop-jawed stunned by President Trumps recklessness.

Within three years, probably sooner; welcome to the conflict that will start WW III.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

It's an opinion piece. Every news outlet publishes opinion pieces. You're going to act like CNN is somehow a lesser media outlet for doing something they all do?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Double post
edit on 2/1/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

The rapidity that the stars are accumulating on this post is alarming. Rather than try to argue that no dictator who has ever come to power was elected before orchestrating a coup following the steps I outlined, you jumped on an historical technicality. Is it or is it not possible for an elected President to stage a coup to stay in power?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The rapidity that the stars are accumulating on this post is alarming. Rather than try to argue that no dictator who has ever come to power was elected before orchestrating a coup following the steps I outlined, you jumped on an historical technicality. Is it or is it not possible for an elected President to stage a coup to stay in power?

Yes. It is possible.

Rather unlikely in America though. Just don't see it happening. That's the sort of thing that happens in South America or Africa.

And once again the political realities of America 2017 and Germany 1932 are worlds apart.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join