It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST BREAKING - Mcann's LOSE libel appeal case against Portugese Police detective!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The parents of Madeleine McCann said they were disappointed after Portugal’s highest court threw out their libel case against a former detective who implicated them in their daughter’s disappearance. Goncalo Amaral was ordered to pay €500,000 (£429,000) in compensation to Kate and Gerry McCann in 2015 by a Lisbon court over claims he made in his book and documentary about Madeleine, who vanished on the Algarve in 2007. The decision was overturned following an appeal last year but the McCanns took the case to Portugal’s supreme court, which has now found against them. While the judges’ official ruling is yet to be published, lawyers for the McCanns have been informed of their decision.

Source< br />
GOOD! I can't wait for the day that this evil pair are exposed for what they are!

For anybody who has not watched (or read) 'The Truth of The Lie'. Here is the link.

The Truth of the Lie

EDIT: Sorry guys not sure how to embed a video! If somebody can do the honours for me I would be most grateful.
edit on 1/2/2017 by fusiondoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I am sure i am not the only person here who believes the parents are guilty as sin

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

There ya go

ETA: Embed taken down as Litigation risk as of today (01/02/2017)

I've no idea what went on obviously but can't blame the McCann's based on what i have read or heard

ETA: Didn't even know that the documentary had been banned, can't find any evidence of that either. Was it just banned in certain countries or not at all?

edit on 2017-02-01T07:59:51-06:002017Wed, 01 Feb 2017 07:59:51 -0600bWednesday5902America/Chicago177 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

edit on 2017-02-01T08:05:14-06:002017Wed, 01 Feb 2017 08:05:14 -0600bWednesday0502America/Chicago178 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

There ya go

ETA: Embed taken down as Litigation risk as of today (01/02/2017)

I've no idea what went on obviously but can't blame the McCann's based on what i have read or heard

ETA: Didn't even know that the documentary had been banned, can't find any evidence of that either. Was it just banned in certain countries or not at all?

I have heard it was banned, but I have also heard the Mcanns attempts to ban it unsuccessfully

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Thanks. Haven't really looked in to this in as much depth. The fact they dont want the English public reading the full Portugese files is suspicious.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

My research suggests as early as Monday this week there has been a threat of litigation for anyone "selling" the book after this court ruling. Not saying they have won or even proceeded with any sort of action.

I'll still watch the video though

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Seems the Mcann's lose lots of things, little girls, legal cases, the respect of the public.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Seems the Mcann's lose lots of things, little girls, legal cases, the respect of the public.

I will never understand how they have got away with it

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

What ever they done it started with them leaving a little girl unattended in a hotel room, in a strange country. Anything after that fact is Sod's law really.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The Podesta bros were involved yes or no?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothlander

Don't know and without conclusive evidence to support such a claim(Not just circumstantial) the answer would have to be no.
edit on 1-2-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

What ever they done it started with them leaving a little girl unattended in a hotel room, in a strange country. Anything after that fact is Sod's law really.

THIS ^^^*

apparently in some countries it's quite common to leave children, not sure about Portugal though.

Regardless it's disgraceful

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Not defending the McCann's as I have been suspicious from day 1.

However, in the interests of fairness and accuracy, the Portuguese Supreme Court ruling was that the detective had the right to express publicly his opinion - in this case in a book.

They certainly did not rule that he was correct or that the McCann's were guilty.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe
apparently in some countries it's quite common to leave children, not sure about Portugal though.

Yes, in Portugal it's common to leave children at home unattended, but not that young.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
Not defending the McCann's as I have been suspicious from day 1.

However, in the interests of fairness and accuracy, the Portuguese Supreme Court ruling was that the detective had the right to express publicly his opinion - in this case in a book.

They certainly did not rule that he was correct or that the McCann's were guilty.

Fair comment and your completely right.

However in my opinion I find it very hard to disbelieve what is being presented in the documentary!

Naturally of course the entire thing could be a fabrication.... but I very much doubt it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Gothlander

Don't know and without conclusive evidence to support such a claim(Not just circumstantial) the answer would have to be no.

With respect and I mean no offence.

A dog alerting the police to the presence of blood and a dead body in the wardrobe, back of the chair and on Madeleine's soft toy, goes beyond just circumstantial wouldn't you say?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

No offence taken.

I would say it certainly smells fishy to say the least, but it's not me that needs to be convinced.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

No offence taken.

I would say it certainly smells fishy to say the least, but it's not me that needs to be convinced.

If by some remote chance it turns out the Parents didn't do it, then I hope they find out what happened to Maddy.

I read an interesting story the other day (will have to go and find it and link it here) about a lady who was stolen as a baby and as an Adult she has been discovered and will be reunited with her family!

Can you imagine that? Maybe the same could happen with Madeline?

Although that's wishful thinking as I think the Mcann's behaviour since the disappearance proves their guilt let alone the blood etc

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I imagine her still existing depends on why she was abducted, but the possibilities are rather grim.

top topics

join