It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Patrol Alters Stats to Hide Release of Criminal Aliens, High Recidivism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

JANUARY 19, 2017
The distressing details of this crucial agency’s crafty record-keeping practices are outlined in a scathing report issued this month by the investigative arm of Congress, the Government Accountability Office (GAO). The probe focuses on a Border Patrol system developed to address a smuggling crisis along the southwest border. It’s officially known as Consequence Delivery System (CDS) and is used to identify the most effective and efficient consequences to deter illegal cross border activity in each of the agency’s sectors. For the system to work, the Border Patrol must report accurate information involving illegal aliens who are apprehended.

Instead, it appears that federal agents on the ground are being ordered to fudge the numbers as part of a broader Obama administration effort to protect illegal immigrants and falsely portray the Mexican border as safe. The GAO report suggests that Border Patrol headquarters directed agents to misclassify criminal illegal aliens, presumably to hide the fact that they were being released instead of prosecuted. Officials interviewed as part of the probe “said that agents received oral direction from headquarters to reclassify criminal aliens who cannot be given a consequence of federal prosecution, and that written data integrity guidance to sectors did not include activities for checking the accuracy of alien classifications,” the GAO report states.

www.judicialwatch.org...

www.gao.gov...

This has been going on for years under the Obama administration

As it relates to the southwest border, Judd told the U.S. House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security that agents are instructed to not place families in detention or put them inline for removal proceedings if ICE (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement) does not have any detention space.

Judd reported that agents are told to just take the illegal immigrant’s basic information and note that they are in the country, and then just let “them walk out the door to their destinations in the United States.” They do not give them a notice to appear at deportation hearings. However, Judd testified that among border agents, these notices are referred to as “notices to disappear.”

www.breitbart.com...

U.S. immigration officials released thousands of rapists, murderers, kidnappers and other violent criminals in 2013, report says

A Center for Immigration Studies report says ICE released 36,007 criminals who committed a combined total of 87,818 crimes in 2013
Of those, 17,228 convictions were for minor traffic violations and 15,635 came from DUIs
Other crimes were more serious, including 9,187 dangerous drug convictions, 426 sexual assault convictions, 303 kidnapping convictions, 193 homicide convictions, 1,317 domestic violence convictions and 1,075 aggravated assault convictions

www.dailymail.co.uk...

That was just in 2013.

In 2014 the Obama administration released another 30,558 criminal aliens in fiscal year 2014.

DHS released another 30,000 criminal aliens onto streets
Overall, ICE released 30,558 criminal aliens in fiscal year 2014, which is down from the 36,007 criminals released a year before.

www.washingtontimes.com...

President Obama's "Deferred Action" Program for Illegal Aliens Is Plainly Unconstitutional

By Jan Ting December 2014

2. Criminal Aliens Never Had It So Good

And what about criminal aliens, whose removal has supposedly so exhausted ICE resources that the government has nothing left for the arrest and removal of less dangerous illegal aliens? In fact, the FY2014 ICE statistics reveal that the number of criminal aliens removed from the interior has declined 39 percent since FY2011 and that nearly 167,000 convicted criminals who have been released by ICE are currently at large.52

Once again, the testimony of career officials belies the administration's propaganda. In his 2013 testimony to Congress, ICE officer Chris Crane explained that, contrary to the claim that "deferred action" was freeing up resources to focus on detaining criminals, DACA was being used to prevent ICE officers from inspecting and detaining jailed illegal aliens:

cis.org...

edit on 1-2-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct excerpt.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Looking at all of these statistics in your OP, it becomes very difficult to rationalize the behavior of the previous administration.

I would even go so far as to say that the Obama administration was intentionally trying to subvert the American population, not dissimilar to the migrant/refugee crisis going on in European countries.

This isn't just the action of some naive POTUS making lousy decisions, it is by design. The globalists want to culturally destabilize the western population in order to pave the way for that one world government and that one world currency.

Remember Hillary's speech to big banks in Brazil?

I dream of a hemispheric common market with open trade and open borders.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Looking at all of these statistics in your OP, it becomes very difficult to rationalize the behavior of the previous administration.

I would even go so far as to say that the Obama administration was intentionally trying to subvert the American population, not dissimilar to the migrant/refugee crisis going on in European countries.

This isn't just the action of some naive POTUS making lousy decisions, it is by design. The globalists want to culturally destabilize the western population in order to pave the way for that one world government and that one world currency.

I agree and would only add that is one of the reasons the border patrol and other law enforcement agencies (the boots on the ground people not the political appointed ones) supported Trump's nomination as POTUS.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
ClusterFbombshell!

Sounds like they were figuring on this not coming out for at least another 8 years, to be pulling this kind of crap.

edit on 1-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Just my opinion but doesn't this sound like treason. Someone(or many someones) should have to answer for this. I would like to see a full scale investigation with serious charges brought against those responsible(at the top not minions).

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

Treason? I would not disagree. That said, i don't like the idea of current POTUS prosecuting the prior. I'd rather see The People refute them during their term. Nothing at all stopped any concerned group from challenging Obama in court. Same with Trump.

If we let them enact their policies without challenge, its our fault when those policies go south. If we are going to prosecute Obama for treason, The People need to have a day in court, too, for our complicity through silence.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Well well well

If the dems were not in enough trouble already.

Next you are going to tell me fast and furious was actually a thing.

It will be interesting to see how many of the sitting elected dems move to a position to enforce our current laws now.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
2017 will expose lots of past corruption.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
more democrat corruption,
we really did dodge a bullet when Hillary lost the election.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I say hold criminal accountable to prevent more criminals.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
2017 will expose lots of past corruption.

Let's hope so.

new topics

top topics

join