It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump the outsider filed Forms for reelection 2020 on Inauguration Day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
While browsing the web tonight, I learned that the www.donaldjtrump.com website is soliciting donations.

'How odd?' He won. Why is he fundraising?

Then I learned he had filed Form 2 at 5:11pm, the evening of his inauguration.

This tells me, he feels like his MAGA plan will take longer than 4 years, or that he loves, loves, loves power.

Back on 2/7/2016, while on Meet the Press, Trump stated he would consider running for a second term if people thought he was doing a good job.

It seems 5+ hours was all he needed to determine he was 'doing a good job', lol. Outsider, no more.

BTW, there are also 3 new pro-Trump political non-profits.

1. Great America Alliance, run by Newt Gingrich and Rudi Guilliani, with the intention to push the Trump policy agenda.
2.America First, run by 2 Trump aides, Brad Parscale and Nick Ayers.
3. 45Committee, anchored by Republican strategists, Ed Rollins and Eric Beach. Th$80 million in 2017 on TV ads on upcoming policy battles.

source

Just found it interesting and wanted to share.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Or maybe he realized that with as many roadblocks the DNC is throwing at him and how the MSM was manipulating the ignorant masses, that he might need more than 4 years to get anything done.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It is a runaround of the law. They can now run political ads and take donations they couldn't before.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
GOOD! This proves to the doubters he wont just do one term "by accident (yea whatever) win" or cut and run, and that he is committed to maintaining course with fulfilling as many of his actual campaign promises as possible. He is damn near half way there already.

And people scoff when I say "This is going to be a great eight years "

: hey:
: mnky:
:sai nt:
:co ol:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Standard Operating Procedure I think.
edit on 1-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
5 hours into his first term and already planning for the next phase. That's why he's our President.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

just for context - when did :

reagan
bush
clinton
bush
obama

file thier declarations to run for a second term of office ?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Or maybe he realized that with as many roadblocks the DNC is throwing at him and how the MSM was manipulating the ignorant masses, that he might need more than 4 years to get anything done.

*taps chin thoughtfully* Huh... I swear this is deja vu... but in reverse... if only I could put my finger on what this reminds me of exactly.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Looks like a smart move on his part. Trump is a strong type A personality, his work ethic is second to none.
Good find OP

A document from the Federal Elections Commission (FEC) indicates that Donald Trump took steps last week to outmaneuver nonprofit organizations, leaving them unable to officially campaign against him over the next few years of his Presidency.

Filed on January 20th, 2017, the letter states that, while not an official announcement for reelection, Donald Trump has filed an FEC Form 2 in order to "ensure compliance with the Federal Election Campaign Act." This is an unprecedented, although legal, move for the President to make. Barack Obama did not file for his 2012 re-election bid until April 2011. Having filed (even if not formally announcing a bid) as a candidate, Trump would be able to coordinate with PACs and other similar organizations.

More importantly, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations would no longer be able to engage in "political speech" which could theoretically affect the results of the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election without running the risk of losing their nonprofit status. The move effectively bars interest groups from creating nonprofits which they could funnel money into for the purposes of opposing Trump's initiatives. This will likely create chaos for political opponents of Trump such as George Soros, who has sunk significant amounts of money into various nonprofit groups with the intent of opposing Trump's government. How 501(c)(3) organizations will comply with the FEC's regulations when participating an actions which qualify as political speech remains to be seen.

The move is consistent with Trump's campaign promises to reduce the financial influence of private special interest groups on Washington.

www.zerohedge.com...
edit on 1-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Standard Operating Procedure I think.

It's not. Most don't do it til less than a year out.
It's a woek around to make money.

Shouldn't he be concentrating on MAGA?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

And he got his 8 years...And continued his piss poor job from the first 4. America wasn't happy and a change was made...In both executive and legislative branches of government...And I have a feeling we will have a change in the 3rd branch soon too.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: plaindoughnut

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes we know its a work around for Trump to funnel money to his campaign years in advance while working to silence opponents. Thank you for pointing it out for people that might not have read it the first time.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

You realize this is normal right? Presidents are allowed to serve two terms and immediately start planning for the second term...

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Trigger the Triggerables.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

You realize this is normal right? Presidents are allowed to serve two terms and immediately start planning for the second term...

It's not commonly done as far as I can tell, but it's a wise move. Is there any downsides to the move? Not sure. I don't think Obama cared enough about his own country to do it.

The move effectively bars interest groups from creating nonprofits which they could funnel money into for the purposes of opposing Trump's initiatives. This will likely create chaos for political opponents of Trump such as George Soros,

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Sorry, I meant planning for re-election in general, not this specific move. Of course every incoming president would immediately be thinking about how to serve a full 8 years.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trigger the Triggerables.

I was hoping to get through a thread without the use of that word. Give it up. It's passé.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

And he got his 8 years...And continued his piss poor job from the first 4. America wasn't happy and a change was made...In both executive and legislative branches of government...And I have a feeling we will have a change in the 3rd branch soon too.

And that's your standard operating procedure. Block someone's ability to do their job and then campaign on their failings you're responsible for.

The only thing I don't understand is how people fall for it over and over again. Must be the lead in your water.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yesterday, while on Air Force One flying to Florida for his Melbourne rally, Trump told the Press onboard, "Life is a campaign".
bloomberg
That is so weird. He won. Why is he so focused on rallying and raising money for the next election, instead of the job he was hired to do?

Anyway...

Out of curiosity, I thought I would check out his campaign website, organized as the Donald J Trump for President, Inc. at www.donaldjtrump.com....

When I entered it in Google, I learned that a portion of the site seems to be hacked.

Check this out: secure2.donaldjtrump.com...

That is the same domain, correct, just a subdomain? (please correct me if that is inaccurate)

Strange. A gag by someone running the site, a real hack?

edit on 2/19/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/19/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join