It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is pruning Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
prune

verb (used with object), pruned, pruning.

1.to cut or lop off (twigs, branches, or roots).

2.to cut or lop superfluous or undesired twigs, branches, or roots from; trim.

3.to rid or clear of (anything superfluous or undesirable).

4.to remove (anything considered superfluous or undesirable).

Now I propose that this is what Trump was elected to do. I suppose the left, RINOs and nevertrumps can obstruct him or even possibly remove him from office. Yeah, they would cheer, dance in the street, carry on and may have relations with animals.

But, Will fly-overs just accept that? The fly-overs have been called deplorable, stupid, racist and just about any other vile things the left, RINOs and nevertrumps could think of.

What about revenge by voting in Tea Party slash and burn over the next few elections. They would take an axe to Government, hacking away whole departments and agencies. Maybe stripping the Government down to what was authorized in the original constitution, stripping all rules, regulations, laws and amendments, returning everything except nation defense and other enumerated powers to the States.

50 sets of laws, rules and regulations with little or no coordination. Squabbling about energy, borders, check points, trade, religion, civil / human rights.

I definitely could see a few theocratic run States emerge that would put the worst of Middle East to shame.

Energy rich states would have the others over a barrel. Coal “buried sunshine” is plentiful in various states but how does it get delivered where needed? State licensed nuclear power plants? Different aviation standards?

I believe Texas is the only state with an independent power grid. Add in oil and gas production, agriculture and international ports also makes it pretty independent.

From what I have read there are three grids in the lower 48, the Eastern Interconnection, the Western Interconnection and the Texas Interconnection. What rules would there be?

Do we want 1970's "Let them freeze in the dark" bumper stickers to become real?

Although, On January 17, 2008 Candidate Obama said the following “So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it’s just that it will bankrupt them because they’re going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that’s being emitted.” He went around Congress and had used the EPA to push his Clean Power Plan. It was his version of "Let them freeze in the dark."

I think the fly-overs are awake now and are not going to let the coasts dominate them again and tell them how to live any longer.

The media has been exposed and relegated to entertainment like the Kardashians or Duck Dynasty.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
"The media has been exposed and relegated to entertainment like the Kardashians or Duck Dynasty."

Seems that the media would be a topic worthy of closer examination itself. It has lost credibility, but we all knew that.

Perhaps 'lawmakers' will become an endangered species.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Pruning is an understatement.

All the Cabinet organizations are riddled with trip wires.

I think Trump knows all about it.

The Obama Admins on the way out had instructions to lay landmines.

We've seen some exposed already.

new topics

join