It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supreme Court Nomination Falls Apart In Record Time As Democrats Plan Filibuster

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
As I just posted in another thread, the real irony will be when the left cries foul about the confirmation passing by a simple majority.

One should note they like the protections a super majority voting requirement provides when they are in the minority during confirmations, but stomp their feet and demand the abolishment of the electoral college when they are the majority in Presidential elections.

The universe clearly has a sense of humor.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
As I just posted in another thread, the real irony will be when the left cries foul about the confirmation passing by a simple majority.

Do we really think he's not going to be confirmed?

We don't live in La La Land.

Doesn't mean we have to like it - - and Yes! I'm going to complain.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Of course you will.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Of course you will.

Just like the Right when they don't get their way.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Nuts !

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AttitudeProblem

Like I said, the universe has a sense of humor.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Of course you will.

Yeah, well she has every right to complain.

You won and you're still complaining about sh*t. So I'd say the left has every right to complain being that they lost.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

She wouldn't make it through the initial vetting process. Elizabeth Warren's law degree is fake.

BS.

Making up your own fake news now because there isn't enough out there already??

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The left did lose, and rather than channeling that anger towards it's own party for having failed them, they've become unhinged and want to burn the entire place down.

I can't recall the right doing that in my lifetime. They got sick of the establishment GOP and did something about it.

But by all means, I hope the left keeps doing what they are doing. There is no greater rebuttal to a flawed manner of thinking than the example of it.

I have lots of popcorn stored.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

But by all means, I hope the left keeps doing what they are doing. There is no greater rebuttal to a flawed manner of thinking than the example of it.

I have lots of popcorn stored.

If that was the case you wouldn't be crying all the time about them complaining and wanting them to shut up and accept Trump.

No sir, you and the rest of the Trump supporters are what you call "Sore Winners". It's a strange thing but it does happen from time to time.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

If that view helps you to personally maintain some sense of moral high ground, I obviously wont be able to dissuade you from it. But I have a different view.

It's not sore winning when one points out how those who have lost behave badly.

Perhaps you should reassess which view has more potential to offer you better prospects for the future.

Just sayin'

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I'm not claiming any moral high ground.

I just call it like I see it.

Yes the left is complaining and sometimes even over complaining about losing. But they lost so it's expected.

Your side won and has full control of everything and yet you still complain about Obama and Hillary and even the left complaining about losing.

Enough is never enough for you. You've whined for the last eight years about EVERYTHING so much that you finally won and won big and you're still complaining.

It's expected from the left, they took a huge loss and now have to deal with a bunch of Alt-Right White Nationalists and their Great Orange Messiah and a cabinet full of Billionaire Elites some of which have zero qualifications to hold those positions. So yeah, they're going to complain.

But the Right has everything they wanted and more and still can't stop b*tching every single day because somebody calls Trump and name or refuses to worship him. Because you can't see outside your bubble enough to understand that just because you like him doesn't mean everyone else does. That just doesn't compute for you somehow. So somebody disagrees with him, which is totally normal and you all lose your sh*t over it like the sky is falling.

Well I have bad news for you. They are going to complain and not like Trump FOREVER most likely. Just like you hated Obama FOREVER.

You're no different. Just for your information. Maybe that will help you understand a bit.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Too bad many of them already approved him ten years ago, including Schumer and Obama.

There is video of it.

And Pence just posted it on his twitter!

Here is the Video of 2006 were 45 Democrats Helped Unanimously Confirm #NeilGorsuch (incl. @SenSchumer, and Obama)

mobile.twitter.com...

This!!! ...How can anyone take them seriously...And it's a wonder not a single person who came in that defended the DNC would touch this post with a 10' pole. Literally just keep on squabbling feeble arguments and nonsense. Idiocracy 2017 here we go!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Nope. Just nope.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Here is the list of Dems who voted unanimously for him the first time.

He has performed his judicial duties to the highest level ever since, without scandal or controversy.

So these Dems will look awfully silly if they decide to contradict their own judgement now.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Kek laughs at the petulant children in the Senate one day loving the nominee and the next in new context their heads explode under the control of Scanners!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

More proof Schumer is a hypocritical, lying POS extreme!

Sorry, really dislike the guy.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Fine by me. Trump has too much power. No president should have as free reign as both he and Obama have had.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

LOL

Nice Counter Argument.

You got 3 stars from your legion of alt-right geek squad members too. That's precious.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

The Republicans had agreed on Obama's choice too I believe and still they through their little fit when he came up again this last time around.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join