It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supreme Court Nomination Falls Apart In Record Time As Democrats Plan Filibuster

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Too bad many of them already approved him ten years ago, including Schumer and Obama.

There is video of it.

And Pence just posted it on his twitter!

Here is the Video of 2006 were 45 Democrats Helped Unanimously Confirm #NeilGorsuch (incl. @SenSchumer, and Obama)

mobile.twitter.com...

edit on 31-1-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: marg6043
Democrats really had lost their place in our nation, they are not doing what they doing because they don't like the choices, but because they don't like Trump.

He's right wing Fundamental Religious.

Its about him. Not Trump.

yes he is
he will be confirmed
mcconnell just stated live on fox news the nom WILL be confirmed

'member the aca?
even with no dem votes the nom will be confirmed

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Trump could nominate Elizabeth Warren to the Supreme Court and the Democrats would find some reason to be against her.

Liz would be the first SCOTUS nominee to take the 5th in front of a confirmation hearing.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It's not even about Gorsuch though... Dems are still, and rightly so, upset about Merrick Garland... Garland would have given Democratic appointees a majority on the Supreme Court for the first time since the 1970s... That's a huge kick in the pants... the dems want that seat and they want it bad enough to stoop to some pretty petty tactics...(just as the Republicans did last February...)

A2D
edit on 31-1-2017 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Trump could nominate Elizabeth Warren to the Supreme Court and the Democrats would find some reason to be against her.

Liz would be the first SCOTUS nominee to take the 5th in front of a confirmation hearing.

FIRST native american on the bench?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Oh, I don't like the choice either, don't get me wrong, but no matter what Trump chose they already said they are going to keep acting like kindergarteners.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
If the democrats threaten to oppose Gorsuch Trump can just let them know the next one will be more conservative and totally anti roe v Wade and the Senate will go nuclear and appoint him or her ... they will vote Gorsuch in ... they have no choice. They can play the dog and pony show for their electorate but they really are cornered.
edit on 31-1-2017 by IcyPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Just reading Schumer, Sanders and Franken-and I'm sick.

And I'm no Gorsuch fan-at all.
edit on 31-1-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: Profusion

Just reading Schumer, Sanders and Franken-and I'm sick.

And I'm no Gorsuch fan-at all.

No, you're just anti Schumer, Sanders, and Franken.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

It's not even about Gorsuch though... Dems are still, and rightly so, upset about Merrick Garland... Garland would have given Democratic appointees a majority on the Supreme Court for the first time since the 1970s... That's a huge kick in the pants... the dems want that seat and they want it bad enough to stoop to some pretty petty tactics...(just as the Republicans did last February...)

A2D

There's every right to be upset about Merrick Garland.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
You can blame this on Mitch McConnell's obstructionism for barring Obama nomination of Merrick Garland. What goes around comes around.

originally posted by: Profusion

Most Democrats have not come flatly out and opposed Gorsuch, but Senators like Bernie Sanders and Al Franken have released statements raising concerns. Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Scumer has all but confirmed that Democrats are going to filibuster Trump’s nominee.

In less than two hours, Democrats have put the most serious threat of a Supreme Court filibuster in more than forty years. Senate Democrats should be able to get the 41 votes that they will need to force Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) to make a choice that he does not want to make.

Trump Supreme Court Nomination Falls Apart In Record Time As Democrats Line Up For Filibuster

It looks like Trump's Supreme Court nomination may be a moot point. Republicans have the power to appoint Gorsuch if they want to badly enough.

The question is whether doing that will come at too high of a price. The article linked to below is a must-read in my opinion.

Supreme Court fight could forever change nature of the Senate

I assume most Trump supporters would want Republicans to change the rules in the Senate in order to have Gorsuch appointed. That's obviously a two-edged sword.

edit on 31-1-2017 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Oh, I don't like the choice either, don't get me wrong, but no matter what Trump chose they already said they are going to keep acting like kindergarteners.

I believe kindergartner's is your word.

I'd do everything possible not to have another religious nut on the SC.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Today’s Senate minority can easily become tomorrow’s Senate majority. McConnell knows this, but with the Senate Democratic filibuster gaining strength by the minute, the Republicans are are about to reap what they sowed by blocking the nomination of Merrick Garland.[sic]emphasis added

This.

After what the republicans did by refusing the nomination of Garland, the democrats have every right to use the same tactics—block and stall—to block the nomination of Gorsuch.

The sad hypocrisy is that people who condoned the blocking of Garland will cry foul at the blocking of Gorsuch, but that's expected in today's morass of sharply partisan politics.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Today’s Senate minority can easily become tomorrow’s Senate majority. McConnell knows this, but with the Senate Democratic filibuster gaining strength by the minute, the Republicans are are about to reap what they sowed by blocking the nomination of Merrick Garland.[sic]emphasis added

This.

After what the republicans did by refusing the nomination of Garland, the democrats have every right to use the same tactics—block and stall—to block the nomination of Gorsuch.

The sad hypocrisy is that people who condoned the blocking of Garland will cry foul at the blocking of Gorsuch, but that's expected in today's morass of sharply partisan politics.

And there you go.

Exactly!

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

She wouldn't make it through the initial vetting process. Elizabeth Warren's law degree is fake.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Wrong thread.

edit on 31-1-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

My spell check game me that word,

I don't want religious nuts either, specially when I am not a supporter of organized religion and I am pro choice.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
In all seriousness, if the Republicans decide to invoke the nuclear option, is there anything that democrats could do to stop it? If not, then the Republicans need to do it, the Supreme Court over the next 4/8 years is one of THE most important issues facing the country.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

There is a shortage of workers, but not in that literal sense. There is a shortage of SKILLED workers, as in skilled trades. Driving, building, machining, welding etc. Kids skip this as an option and instead go to college..or McDonalds. I'm seeing it in real time where I live.

Instead of finding innovative ways to import cheap labor or export jobs, as a country, we need to focus on real education. Also education that fits the individual. Not all are cut out to attend a college.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Sorry about that, I posted in the wrong thread, that happens when I keep two windows open at the same time and get confused.

Come and join the thread, www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join