It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! Does anyone know what this object is?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreInterior

Yes, I agree. It's definitely something he wanted in the photo. Photos were not taken as nonchalantly as they are today. So thought and preparation went into it for sure.
They are investigating it over on my friend's Facebook also. Many of his friends are very curious also. So if anyone from over there figure it out, I'll return here to let ya'll know ASAP.
Thanks for all the great ideas so far....eerr....even the toilet seats ideas.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Maybe he invented it...and he's at an invention convention , showing it off. ? Maybe some kind of a hitch to pull farming equipment ?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Mjab6910

I figured that maybe this was an invention by Mr. Abraham Bennett Harris--why else would it be in a picture with him?--so I went to the Googles and searched for his name and "patent," and I got this hit from the Canadian Patent Office, which shows his name associated with a 1901 patent for a "shoe string fastener," (apparently) patent number 73,906.

But I do not think that we have solved the mystery, so I just searched "shoe string" in that document to see if I could locate the drawings, and to my surprise, on page XLL of that Patent Office document, an "A.B. Harris" is listed with his shoe string fastener, and right above that, his name is listed with a patent for a horse collar, patent number 70,166.

So, I searched for "horse collar Harris," and again to my surprise, on page 179 of that document, you are presented with this:

I can't lie...I have just impressed myself. I hope that you are happy to have the mystery solved.

Best regards.

ETA: And an added surprise--it's apparently coming up on the 116th anniversary of this patent: February 12.

edit on 1-2-2017 by SlapMonkey because: replaced with a bigger picture

edit on 1-2-2017 by SlapMonkey because: notice anniversary date

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

We must have had the same thought about the same time this morning--you were right about the invention.

(see above, or here

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Excellent work!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

You are the shizznit! Omg! I can't say enough as to how awesome you are!
Thank you so so much!
Very impressive, indeed!

edit on Jam2000000amWed, 01 Feb 2017 10:01:18 -060017 13 by Mjab6910 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Good job! Now if the items around the Guy's neck are indeed Horse Collars, they are so small because those are what He takes around as demonstration pieces? I would think so, but Who am I?...

Syx...

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

LOL Skid! YAh they do look like that!

Also they look like a device one would need to sit on
, so they don't irritate Their hemorrhoids...

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Well, if you read the body copy underneath the diagram, it seems as if the collars are not meant to go around the neck and meet at the base of it and the start of the body, but worn in a different way, as it references the upper ends conforming to the configuration of the eyes, and the guard conforming to the neck.

I'm not an equestrian by ANY stretch of the imagination, but it doesn't sound like it was meant to fit the horse like a yoke.

And, who are you? You're SyxPak, dammit! Be you!

ETA: Maybe it was meant to fit more like this, on the upper neck, or maybe it went around the lower neck and between the eys and ears (the forehead)...who knows...

ETA(again): Hell, maybe he thought a Great Dane was a little horse and made it for that, and that's why it isn't around today.
edit on 1-2-2017 by SlapMonkey because: just being a smartass

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Awesome work !!! ..... Mystery solved !

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Great job, those are the patent models. Back in the day when you applied for a patent you presented a miniature scale model of the device for review.....there are people who collect patent models.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
SlapMonkey

Good job with the investigating for the OP!
And Hey like Wow Man! All I had to do was read under that Image You posted, and I probably wouldn't have dropped in that post about sales demo pieces.

Having Horses where I grew up, the first thing that went through My head was a yoke...(And YES, that did hurt!!)

LOL Yah You are right in That I am Me!!

In My mind I pictured that device as maybe slipped up on the Horse's face, right up under the eyes, and on the underside, it would go up to the forward edge of the jawbone.
I dunno as these are just some rambling thoughts...

edit on 1-2-2017 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I think it is a liberals attempt at a pair of horse shoes

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Looks as though someone figured out what the hell it is, so glad.

I would like to use this thread to pose another 'what the hell is this' query.

This is my very firstest photo upload, and it isn't all that difficult after all, I am relieved to say.
I was assisted by having a strong desire to know what this is, hence I
persevered.

I found it near a trash can. It is plastic, sealed, contains a viscous clear liquid.
Stamped on the side it says mscan-13143-345700 followed by 22-2016 China
The end opposite the eyelet is recessed, as if to receive something, appearing to have a thin membrane at the bottom of the recess.

Searching various engines brought up that it may be a synthetic polypeptide.
Either that, or there was a capital A, now disfigured, but there does seem to be just the top of an A there just before mscan, meaning it is really a party favor from Amscan party supplies.

I would rather not create a thread. Hopefully it will be seen here. Thanks.

# 657
edit on 1-2-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: I bend forward, shake my head and whisper: No, no, no. I raise one hand, I must show him that I want to help him. I stroke his forehead.

edit on 1-2-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: At night they send over gas. We expect the attack to follow and lie with our masks on, ready to tear them off as soon as the first shadow appears.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

Looks like an old used up glow stick.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Gahhh...double post . Sorry. What I was going to say .... Totally a old glow stick. Hahaha 😂 I like this game! Right on for taking the time to dig that up.
edit on 3-2-2017 by MamaShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

Ha, good point. I hadn't even thought about them being the patent models.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Normally I would say that it's an old chem light (glow stick), but generally speaking, those would have a small broken-glass vial inside that would have been broken to allow the two chemicals to mix, resulting in the glowing light. Couple that with the thin membrane at the end where the end cap is usually thick on a chem light, and it does make me think that it is not an old chem light.

Maybe some injectable drug or something that is disguised to be a chem light in order to avoid detection at parties? Medically speaking, that would be in a glass container, not a crappy plastic one that looks like a chem light, but who knows.

I did a quick search and can't really find anything about street drugs being contained in glow-stick vials, but it doesn't mean that it's not a possibility. I wouldn't advise picking up random things found near dumpsters as a general life rule, though.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It is, apparently, a glow stick. I haven't ever seen one, but it shows up on image searches, so it must be an Amscan (party supply company) item. I have no idea how it works, and no, there is no glass vial inside. That is why I didn't pursue the Amscan route. The numbers indicated a medical company patent associated with polypeptides.

So how do I activate this thing, or try to? And thanks.

# 660

edit on 3-2-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: Marrying a Beatle was a Liverpool taboo. Part of their attraction was their availability. Still, she had hope; perhaps one day when she was seventeen or eighteen things would change. Once, she heard a rumor

edit on 3-2-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: Thry would fond Brian behind his immaculate desk looking important and in control, the picture of a smart businessman. But four-thirty came and went, and there were no Beatles. It was a Wednesday and early closing, and all the employees went home and left Brian in the store alone. Finally

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join