It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Bomber had "Downs" syndrome

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dh

Fair enough - the story's true in the sense of having been reported
But it's still a lie regarding it's propaganda value
A small distasteful untruth meant to validate a rigged election

Hey, DH. Well, I still see you still at it again. Nice to see ya tho. I am back! Guess who?

DrHoracid:
Hey, nice to see ya too. If this happened, people are cruel who claim to fight for ALI, Alla, or whatever. This is great, I want a blue finger too, but it would be on one finger I can not mention here for the liberals when I pass..............LOL

Just joking SEEKEROF........sneaker.........glad to see you too!

Back and refreshed for those to say, oh no the wild cat back from sea. LOL

PolarBearExpress..........

dh

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Nice to get a friendly greeting whoever you are. Welcome back
I guess I'm too old for guessing games
I guess I'm too old for once opined misuse of disabilty by CNN to a small piece of political advantage, and think people ought to see through the news, even to this kind of minuteae, rather than just watch and react in the expected way - according to the mental construct you've been long trained in
People need to have their intuitive discernment and bs filtration system in full stretch in these times

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Welcome back and hi to "dh"

Me'z like y'r wording and how you put it...

y'r Canadian friend,

Sven

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh
Nice to get a friendly greeting whoever you are. Welcome back
I guess I'm too old for guessing games
I guess I'm too old for once opined misuse of disabilty by CNN to a small piece of political advantage, and think people ought to see through the news, even to this kind of minuteae, rather than just watch and react in the expected way - according to the mental construct you've been long trained in
People need to have their intuitive discernment and bs filtration system in full stretch in these times

My old call sign is Ancient Sailor. Sorry I unwittingly did not make it clearer. Have fun.

dh

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by svenglezz
Welcome back and hi to "dh"

Me'z like y'r wording and how you put it...

y'r Canadian friend,

Sven

It's nice to be surrounded by friends,even if they do introduce themselves in mysterious ways
I recall a nice Canadian from Quebec

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
That's true enough: Down Syndrome can be easily noticed in wo/men; I've seen my fair share, however, what I've always wondered is why they share very familiar physical characteristic -- I guess a Google search could answer that question.

But, a Down Syndrome suicide bomber could possibly not know the ramnifications of his acts, could he? Let me rephrase that: someone born with Down Syndrome could not rationaly make the descision to sacrifice ones own life for said cuase, could they?

No more than a child. IOW no, they really can't know.

This has been itching at me ever since I read this; I wonder what conviced this person to do what he/she did, and the fact that he/she must have pulled the switch [or however they detonate themselves], or if it was done by remote. [q/uote]
They are, like most people, more than capable of following instructions and mouthing the reasons they were given to justify their actions.

I guess I'll have to do more research into Down Syndrom. I'm well aware they are considered "retarded", not to sound offensive, so I'm having qaulms with this entire story. Well, let's put this into perspective: obviously, as is evident in the mundane medical and social reform programs in Iraq, a child born with Down Syndrome may not have recieved the best medical treatment
They don't require constant medical attention to survive. They are just mentally challenged, ie they don't advance beyond the intellect of a small child and what not. But they can certainly survive in societies more primitive than the not primitive Iraq.

I would also suspect that the family might push these people to participate in these things, reasoning that they 'seem' to understand whats going on and it'd be good to die for the cause anyway.

dh

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
IMO Nygdan you're being twisted by the emotional logic
Yes, a well reared and well trained person with Down syndrome could perform the act
Despite the fact that such people are more generally attuned to the universal rhythms and love life a little too much, according to the penetrability of that trisomy 21 genome
But the real point is that of the passing fancy of a CNN reporter and his sources
It's nothing to wind yourself up about

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh
you're being twisted by the emotional logic

What?

, according to the penetrability of that trisomy 21 genome

ooookay

But the real point is that of the passing fancy of a CNN reporter and his sources

I guess you are saying that it didn't happen? Why? What about it is impossible? THe palestinians have already done something similar, except the israelis managed to stop him, or at least he gave up. He was a young teenager who was midly mentally handicapped. Why wouldn't the insurgents do it? Why would the reporter make it up? Because you disagree with it for some reason it must be fake? I'm just trying to understand, what reason is there to think that this is a lie? It might very well be, but what reason is there to think so?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ok, i have tried to stay away from this thread as i was very upset by it as my own Brother has Downs syndrome. First of all he is not retarded, i find that term offensive, he is a well balanced, loving and gentle guy and he damned well is not mentaly "challenged" either. He is bright and has a strongly developed sense of what is right and wrong. He may not be able to multiply and subtract but he would kick anyone's backside at Street fighter 2

He shares the common facial characteristics of people with Downs but that does not make him any less a person than anyone on these forums.
He swims, plays football, Cricket and for some strange reason loves Baseball.
He is also a hit with the ladies, quite the babe magnet my brother.
And, most relevant to this topic, he is very loyal. He would do anything for me and more importantly he would do anything for you. You see people with Downs syndrome trust everyone, everyone is their friend they see no evil in anyone and have no preconceptions about people. He like most people with his DS is as strong as a Ox.
My brother is a person not a medical condition, he is not a "thing" that should be spoken about as though he is an object to be pitied.
If the guy who detonated the bomb did have Downs then it breaks my heart that he died as he did because people like him and my Brother are among some of the only truly good people in this world. The people who asked him to do this terrible thing probably thought that because he had DS that he was unimportant and that the only way he would get into Muslim heaven would be to martyr himself. Better a "retarded" mentaly "challenged" "handicapped" guy do it huh?
Sick just sick, words really do escape me when i think that someone could do this to a person as innocent and blameless as this.

dh

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Agreed entirely Janus
And that's how you can see this as probably a palpable lie

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
My brother is a person not a medical condition, he is not a "thing" that should be spoken about as though he is an object to be pitied.

Who here is pitying him? If I have given that impression it certainly was not my intent. Downs Syndrome is a 'condition', everything is a condition, most of the people that post here have a 'condition' of not having downs syndrome, see? Downs Syndrome being a phenomenon and discussing it dettached from a person who has it doesn't denigrate or insult or lessen the humanity or dignity of people with it. I just want it to be clear that I don't 'pity' anyone with it or think of them as 'lessor' people in anyway. The stuff thats fundamental to humanity is still with them, even if people with it tend to not perform calculus operations. Hell, I don't perform calculus operations come to think of it! And I suck at Street Fighter.

Better a "retarded" mentaly "challenged" "handicapped" guy do it huh?

Is mentally challenged or handicapped not acceptable? I was unaware. I've allways thought it was better than 'special', (which seems patronizing to me anyway) more clinical, less 'value loaded'.

Sick just sick, words really do escape me when i think that someone could do this to a person as innocent and blameless as this.

And trusting. The guy was probably happy to help out, figured he was doing a good thing or something no? What a bunch of jerks. I mean, christ, there are limits no?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Im sorry for the rant, it just makes me so damn mad sometimes when people cant see past a Handicapped persons disabilities. It wasnt aimed at anyone but since this thread started its been sort of building up.
Again im sorry for the rant as i said it wasnt directed at anyone.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Im sorry for the rant

Obviously someone saying what you said need not apologize, having not done anything wrong.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Im sorry for the rant

Obviously someone saying what you said need not apologize, having not done anything wrong.

I love my brother very much and i fear for him sometimes you know? When i read the thread it kind of brought it home just how helpless he can be. A nightmare made real if you like.
Thankyou.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
CNN TV (US) just reported that one of the suicide bombers today in Iraq was thought to have "downs" syndrome. This is an unbelieveably "barbaric" development. Can these "scum" sink any lower?

[edit on 30-1-2005 by DrHoracid]

Barbaric doesn't quite describing the cowardly nature of those who take big but hid hundreds of yards away and film their cowardous attacks by IED or cut off peoples heads while they are tied up or shooting unarmed people in the back of the head like they did all those cops that time , the mentality of these people show resolve without direct action, but resolved with indirect consiquence. They no more have the guts to walk up to my door and hold a fire fight on saturday night at the DR K Corral than those coward Nazi's who executed weak people they also lead many mentally challenged to their gas death by having them undress and told them to go into a room which had fake shower heads on the ceiling which in fact delivered carbon dioxide from bottles or tail pipe feeds from vehicle outside.
The poor mentally challenged Jews never knew what was going on till the started dying then they would start crying out till they where dead.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Suicide Bombing is nature’s natural selection. Let them strap bombs on their chest in the name of Allah while we microwave our Bean dip for our pre-Superbowl parties. There’s better things is life the committing suicide for something you believe in.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
and found your board googling the child with DS bomber story. I read this entire thread and had to join so I could throw my 2 cents in here.

My daughter has Down syndrome. She is 6 yrs old. From what we understand, the suicide bomber may have been a child not much older than her. Let me tell you about my daughter. She is the most loving, sweet, funny, impressionable child I have ever known. She has Down syndrome, but she is very very high functioning. She reads above age level. She ties her shoes, whistles, attends regular classes, is a pretty typical kid in MOST ways. The ways she is NOT typical are the ways this little guy in Iraq probably was not typical either. She believes everything you tell her, trusting to an extreme. If she thinks it will please you, she will do anything for you. She is easily manipulated by emotions, if you pretend cry really well she will do anything to make you smile. She, like her peers, stands an 80% chance of being sexually molested by age 13 (like hell) and she trusts that everyone loves her the way she loves them. She is the most innocent human being I have ever known. And she is the most beautiful human being I have ever known. She loves without holding back, is not ashamed to hug or kiss you with wild abandon. She believes she is wonderful, because she is. She is smart but she is vulnerable.
Ok, so that is my girl. This other boy, this victim...what was his life probably like? Someone above said it well, he probably came from a poor family. Undoubtedly, they loved him, because there is just something about these children that makes you fall in love with them. I would doubt very sincerely that they sent him to this death. I would guess he was picked up and manipulated and showered with false affection, sent to the area on some ruse, and then remotely detonated. I would almost guarantee that he knew nothing about what lay in store for him. I would bet also that he would have willingly hugged or played with the very same people he unwittingly blew up. The fact that he was a child made all this easier, the fact that he had Down syndrome made it clear that we are dealing with monsters.
www.irinnews.org... Iraqis love their children too, you know. And kids with DS do get treated over there, oftentimes. There are special schools for them, and their families seek better lives for them just as we do here. Under Saddam, the families could not seek help from non governmental agencies like Care or other groups. Now, the schools and clinics set up for them have been looted and stripped. This all makes for an even more vulnerable group of children.
DH, with all due respect, your venom is showing in most of your posts. It is interesting to me that you say you have worked with kids like mine, and indeed your tone softens when you discuss them. If what you say is true, how hard do you really think it would be to convince a loving, trusting child to carry a package into a crowd and be used as a tool in this war? I cant for the life of me imagine him knowing what was happening, meaning the deeper political issues. He only knew he was pleasing those who he cared about. Im not saying he was an idiot, I am saying he didnt know or understand the deeper philosphical issues, and he certainly didnt know he would be blown to bits. You can hate Bush, and spew conspiracy theories all you want. As someone said to me yesterday: "Sounds like someone is just sooo upset over the invasion of Iraq, George Bush's re-election and Michael Moore's shut out at the Oscars that he has to justify the murder of an innocent child by monsters as caused by the US. Right. And the Beatles caused Charles Manson to go on a rampage and, more recently, the Fox show 24 caused that guy to leave his truck on the train tracks."
Regardless of politics, regardless of culture, this little boy deserved ALL of our care and compassion and he deserved to be given respect. He deserves it in death, as well. You all can discuss this in terms of politics and "natural selection" (yuck) all you want. But please remember, this was a little kid, more like your own kids than different. He had no business being used as a pawn in this war.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
What is even worse than this bomber story is that millions of down's syndrome kids do not have a treatment that renders them normal or even better than the so called "standard of the norm IQ 100."

Naturally, when shown how evil these terrorists are, people have to try to turn it around on the US. You know, I'm planning on coming back in a month, but is there even a point? These ignorant people seem to love their hatrid of themselves so much they refuse to even see that there's another side to the story.

For those of you looking to know more about the enemy we face, check this out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe in a month I won't be so bothered by the forced ignorance people have been putting on themselves and come back, though I can't say for sure.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
these are brilliant tactics they are using in iraq....if this story is true.

it is brilliant because the terrorists are drawing off our love and attachment to the tv show Life Goes On....perhaps Corky will speak out against this new technique

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Yall can't tell me that you are suprised by suck news...i mean come on!

dh, you crack me up...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join