It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat: "Absolutely NO screening of immigrants, impose additional gun restrictions"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Yes, it's as I thought. This from late September:

Sen. Chris Murphy: America 'Founded By Religious Refugees'

"They are gone through exhaustive interviewing process and that we're largely taking women and children through the refugee process. This idea that political refugees to this country are young males is false," he said.

Admitting to some lapse in the system, Murphy said, "The reality is that we do have some problems in our immigration system. Right now, if you're coming from Europe, you're getting almost no screen. So some of us want to beef up the screening we do for people coming from countries that are in the Visa waiver program."

He's not saying there should be no vetting. He's saying that the visa waivers are the biggest weakness.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Also go to about 5:47 in the video:

"A lot of us have believed that that number should get bigger rather than smaller, so long you can do a tight security vet, which we do."

Also this from March:

Murphy Wants Visa Reforms to Fight Terrorism

Murphy is proposing an end to visa-free travel to the U.S. if European nations are not more forthcoming with information about counterterrorism investigations.

HARTFORD — U.S. Sen. Chris Murphy reiterated his call for new restrictions on a visa waiver program that allows Europeans to travel freely to the United States.

edit on 2017-1-31 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Who elected this guy to congress? This has to be a joke. Terrorists don't only use guns, they like cars and anything they can use as a weapon.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

i took trumps reppeal two federal regulations for every new one passed as applicable to gun control ie pass a constitutional carry law or legalize suppressors and take away 2 of the crappy gun laws so hopefully that happens and we can get rid of alot more of the red tape around firearms and most of the unconstitutional laws

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Who elected this guy to congress? This has to be a joke. Terrorists don't only use guns, they like cars and anything they can use as a weapon.

Not only that but the attacks in Europe through 2015-2016 show that gun control is totally ineffective.

Terrorists are going to get their guns regardless of what laws are in place.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Murphy is proposing an end to visa-free travel to the U.S. if European nations are not more forthcoming with information about counterterrorism investigations.

HARTFORD — U.S. Sen. Chris Murphy reiterated his call for new restrictions on a visa waiver program that allows Europeans to travel freely to the United States.

So, let me get this straight. If I understand the above statment, he is saying that if the EU fails to provide the USA details on their counterterrorism investigations, he wants to allow unfettered and open immigration of Europeans into the USA? Oh yeah, that will teach those Europeans for not sharing. How is this even remotely logical, we welcome ANYONE of you don't tell me who is bad or good in the EU.

I do not think there is a palm large enough in the universe to do a face palm big enough in this case.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

So, let me get this straight. If I understand the above statment, he is saying that if the EU fails to provide the USA details on their counterterrorism investigations, he wants to allow unfettered and open immigration of Europeans into the USA?

No. Not at all. He's saying that we're doing an adequate job of vetting those who we're vetting and that the visa waiver program is a glaring weakness. Specifically in that statement he was saying that if the EU didn't step up their vetting game, we should suspend the visa waiver program.

Basically the exact opposite of what you just interpreted.

How is this even remotely logical, we welcome ANYONE of you don't tell me who is bad or good in the EU.

It's not logical because that's not what he was saying.
edit on 2017-1-31 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Krakatoa

So, let me get this straight. If I understand the above statment, he is saying that if the EU fails to provide the USA details on their counterterrorism investigations, he wants to allow unfettered and open immigration of Europeans into the USA?

No. Not at all. He's saying that we're doing an adequate job of vetting those who we're vetting and that the visa waiver program is a glaring weakness. Specifically in that statement he was saying that if the EU didn't step up their vetting game, we should suspend the visa waiver program.

Basically the exact opposite of what you just interpreted.

How is this even remotely logical, we welcome ANYONE of you don't tell me who is bad or good in the EU.

It's not logical because that's not what he was saying.

Ok, that makes a lot more sense. I just didn't understand the statement, which explains why the logic didn't work. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Not only that but the attacks in Europe through 2015-2016 show that gun control is totally ineffective.

Criminals also will get guns even if they take them away from our citizens. The thing is, take away our guns and the criminals know they are gone, they can break into our homes since they know we have limited ability to protect ourselves. People who are against gun ownership do not realize that they have protection since criminals do not know who has a gun and who doesn't. They will be crying the hardest when they learn that taking away people's guns makes their lives way worse.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Crazier thing is how many sheep openly back that insanity.

"No Walls, No Borders" was flooding my twitter timeline yesterday by hysterical lefties. It increasingly seems that they don't think about a damn thing, just selfishly react to anything which sounds good to them.

Your wall ain't happening buddy. You'll get some more fencing, and a lot of talking and money wasted, but no full border wall.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Campaign promise, he's been doing good at keeping them so far.

National right to carry – should be legal in all 50 states.

trump-meter.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! OMG what a disconnect! They are absolutely determined to take another beating during midterm elections, aren't they.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Criminals also will get guns even if they take them away from our citizens. The thing is, take away our guns and the criminals know they are gone, they can break into our homes since they know we have limited ability to protect ourselves. People who are against gun ownership do not realize that they have protection since criminals do not know who has a gun and who doesn't. They will be crying the hardest when they learn that taking away people's guns makes their lives way worse.

BRILLIANT.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

When I clicked the video all I can hear is "don't vote for us never again".

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
And this is why the left lost......yet they still cant see it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Do you agree, or disagree with the good Senator?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
crazy americans with guns are responsible for WAY more mass murders on american soil than any muslim, should we ban crazy americans? are those crazy americans "TERRORISTS?" why isn't trump going after the crazy american problem?

I personally think we should have extreme vetting on ALL immigrants and people trying to purchase guns.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

When I clicked the video all I can hear is "don't vote for us never again".

All I hear is this.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
And this is why the left lost......yet they still cant see it.

Not only that, they are doubling down on stupid. It's going to be a long time before we see another Democrat in the White House, mark my words.

edit on 1-2-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Sounds to me they are planning a coup,is it going to take some official's being arrested?,better do something,they are trying to incite civil war,just like Soros paid them to do

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join