It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Expelled for Sexual Misconduct Can’t Defend Himself- Would ‘Impose Psychological Trauma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Horrible story, a sexual encounter happened and the female student cried and got the male student expelled. Problem is there is evidence that he did nothing wrong, in fact there is evidence she is guilty of violating the schools "sexual misconduct rules".

Looks like the Amherst College student, John Doe, who was expelled for sexual misconduct years ago may not have done anything wrong. Well there is good reason to believe that his female accuser in guilty of assaulting him. But a judge blocked Doe's subpoena on the grounds it would impose emotional and psychological trauma on her.

Remember Amherst College student "John Doe," who was expelled for sexual misconduct, even though he had good reason to believe that his accuser had actually assaulted him? A judge recently blocked Doe's attempt to subpoena his female accuser's text messages on grounds that re-litigating the matter "would impose emotional and psychological trauma" on her.

John Doe believes he was wrongly expelled and there was evidence that was ignored. Sandra Jones was the female student involved with John Doe. John Doe can't get into the court room because Jones's feeling may get hurt.

Consider the implications of this decision. According to Seattle District Judge James Robart, a student who believes Amherst violated his due process rights, wrongfully expelled him, and ignored subsequent evidence that his accuser, "Sandra Jones," was the actual violator of the college's sexual misconduct policies, does not deserve the opportunity to make his case because someone else's feelings are more important.
reason.com...

This was a drunken middle of the night encounter. And John Doe and Jones "hooked up" even though John Doe was Jones's rommates's girl biy friend.
Do Doe and Jones had sex, and Doe left. Jones was really drunk and texted another male student to have sex. And texted her residential advisor about her "stupid" decision to have sex with her roommate's boyfriend.

The incident in question took place years ago, during the late night / early morning hours of February 4-5, 2012. Jones was Doe's girlfriend's roommate at the time. Jones went to Doe's dorm room and sexual activity ensued: Jones performed oral sex on Doe.

But Jones was blackout drunk at the time—a detail that Amherst administrators deemed "credible," on subsequent review. Of course, it's questionable whether a blackout drunk student can actually provide the level of consent that Amherst's sexual misconduct policy requires.

Other factors cast doubt on the idea that Jones was the victim and Doe the perpetrator. After leaving Doe's dorm room, Jones texted another male student and asked him to come to her dorm room for sex. She also texted a residential advisor about her "stupid" decision to engage in sexual activity with her roommate's boyfriend.

edit on 31-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
That just can't be true... PLEASE be fake news!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

But Jones was blackout drunk at the time—a detail that Amherst administrators deemed "credible," on subsequent review. Of course, it's questionable whether a blackout drunk student can actually provide the level of consent that Amherst's sexual misconduct policy requires.

The source say it was Doe who was blackout drunk.

How did that get changed by accident? Did you not copy and paste...? (just curious, not accusing)

This part is particularly noteworthy:

Other factors cast doubt on the idea that Jones was the victim and Doe the perpetrator. After leaving Doe's dorm room, Jones texted another male student and asked him to come to her dorm room for sex. She also texted a residential advisor about her "stupid" decision to engage in sexual activity with her roommate's boyfriend. In these text messages, Jones admitted that she was "not an innocent bystander." She also complained about how long it was taking this second male student to do anything sexual with her. She did not file a complaint against Doe until two years later.

If true, then wow..

edit on 31-1-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Interesting.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I believe at least 50% of rape cases are false. I think there are at least as many women deranged enough to lie about rape as there are men depraved enough to commit it. Seems logical to me at least. I believe men and women are equal, equally screwed up.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: gusamaso

This has been going on for years. This is a crap situation. I imagine he has trouble finding work, and maybe on a sexual pred list?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
"Men are bad. Woman are good." is the answer to everything now. I think even NASA is using it to get to Mars. I think this is--in reality--about the number 42. But it's so complicated we're never going to figure it out.
edit on 1/31/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This wouldn't be happening under Sharia Law.....they would just cut her head off for being a woman of lose morals.

Before I get flamed this is sarcasm, I know Muslims wouldn't do such a thing......

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I dated a girl back in college for a few weeks; one night she came to my place to watch movies, drink wine, and sleep over. We had a great time, ended up the night, and went to bed. We started kissing, she started the heavy petting and undid my pants before getting on top of me. You can fill in the blanks from there.
After she confronted me a few days later asking "when are you going to get over that relationship bull----" I told her I really liked her and enjoyed spending time together but I didn't want to jump right into something after very recently ending a long relationship. That night we went to a party, she went into two other guys bedrooms and had sex with them loudly near the end of the party. We quit dating.

A month later I hear from mutual friends that she's going around saying that I raped her that night, because she was drunk. But I had been drinking too... so if you're going to play that card, who raped whom? I had four housemates at the time and when I told them all this they laughed and said she was definitely shouting the opposite of no.
Strange world.
edit on 31-1-2017 by Comp0sMentis because: grammar

edit on 31-1-2017 by Comp0sMentis because: formatting

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Comp0sMentis
Strange world.

Thank God for the modern body camera.

Don't leave home without it.

It may just save your testimony.

new topics

top topics