It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration sends armored vehicles to Syrian rebels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It’s from RT (for what it’s worth), and it’s entirely misleading.

The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), an alliance of Arab and Kurdish forces in northern Syria, has received armored vehicles from the US, indicating increased support from Washington under the administration of President Donald Trump.

source

I was immediately floored when I read this. How could he?

Why so fast?

“Previously we didn't get support in this form, we would get light weapons and ammunition,” he added. “There are signs of full support from the new American leadership – more than before – for our forces.”

Upon closer inspection, I found a fatal flaw in the headline that seems to give the impression that Trump is supporting the same "moderate" rebels that Obama has in the past. Someone must have either made a mistake or is attempting to make a point.

The shipment was confirmed by Pentagon spokesman John Dorrian, who said it was made "using existing authorities, in the interest of helping protect our partnered force from the (IS) improvised-explosive device threat."

The plan to deliver the vehicles was approved prior to Trump's inauguration, but continued as if shipped automatically and without consent. Does Trump have control over these shipments or must previous contracts be fulfilled without regard to the new administration?

Someone please enlighten me.

edit on 31-1-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Sounds like someone else will be looking for a job soon.

I suppose they could hide a transmitter in them before delivery making them easier for Russia to target.

Don't know about rules but they can be changed unless warmongers codified them.
edit on 1/31/2017 by Bramble Iceshimmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So the past administration upped the ante on their way out? It's gotta take atleast a week to get this kinda hardware to the rebels. When was this shipped? Entirely possible the current administration knew jack about it.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer
I suppose they could hide a transmitter in them before delivery making them easier for Russia to target.

That's actually a brilliant idea.
My God, that would end this foolishness with ISIS and their embedded "rebels" quickly.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer

That's actually a brilliant idea.
My God, that would end this foolishness with ISIS and their embedded "rebels" quickly.

LOL, yes it is.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Your title triggered me.

I broke 3 windows and punched a puppy before I calmed down enough to read the rest.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Someone please enlighten me.

The President doesn't run the country.

As you can clearly see, there are things going on behind the scenes, without Trump's involvement.

The real rulers are carrying out their plans, while Trump entertains us with various trivial misdirections.

top topics

join