It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the live action Transformers movies didn't HAVE TO be terrible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
A few years back, when I'd first heard of the live action/cgi Transformers movie I thought that technology finally got to the point where a great movie could be made, based on the source material.

So far, all we've gotten has been garbage. For some reason, the creators of the movies seemed to think anyone gives a darn about Shia Leboof or Marky Mark's high school sweetheart.

I've seen some teasers for the next (final?) Transformers movie and it seems a bit intriguing, but I'm not holding my breath (based on the trash previously released).

It didn't have to be this way. How do I know this? Two words..... Transformers Prime.

Thanks to letting my son take control of Netflix once in a while, I was introduced to this show. Transformers Prime is a version of the source material that seems to be geared towards a "tween" audience. It is definitely a "kids" show but there is enough of an ongoing (and often compelling) story that adults can follow and at times get immersed in. With complete sincerity I believe that had the creators of Transformers Prime been given the task of creating the live action movies, and used their vision and storyline and character selection (and character design) and adulted-it-up just a bit... it would have been a smash hit.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The first one started off interesting ... then it devolved into explosions and stupidity when it seemed like whoever wrote the script got tired of trying to make sense of the not bad plot line they had started and said "Ah, eff it!"

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Two words: Michael Bay sucks ass bigly.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Aw come on.

They weren't that bad.

Hell of a lot better than Pacific Rim was.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
My problem is with the janky way they made the robots. Makes it hard to follow a fight scene.
Of course, more Megan Fox leaning over cars is always a good thing....

top topics

join