It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa puts alleged Apollo Moon landing sites off limits

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ove38

Just because you wrote it in capitals and just because he is Trump's science advisor doesn't make it true.

The fact that Trump thinks he's good for the job should in itself automatically mean he's a moron.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Even with these keep away zones, a future visitor can still get very very close to the Apollo hardware.

Apollos 11 and 17 (the 1st and last Apollo missions) have larger keep away zones because the first and last of anything is more significant. Apollo 11 has a 75 meter radius keep away zone, and Apollo 17 has a 225 meter radius (the astronauts ventured out further from Apollo 17 than Apollo 11).

However, for the others, you can get as close as 1 meter (3 feet) from most of the equipment and artifacts. If they were trying to conceal a hoax, I don't think keeping people 3 feet away would serve to conceal much.

Footprints of Apollos 12, 14, 15, and 16 are not protected by the guidelines. You can go to the moon and do all the testing you want on an Apollo 12 footprint.

edit on 2017-2-3 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Then he's an idiot. A delusional idiot.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Then he's an idiot. A delusional idiot.

Meh. That's only if Gelertner ever said that. I went to check out the veracity of this supposed interview, and it seems people can't find any real corroboration that he ever said those things attributed to him.

Mind you, David Gelertner is a bit of a loose cannon and has some out there ideas, but I'm not convinced that the story Ove38 posted was real (or if it was real, I'm not convinced the truth wasn't stretched).

In fact, in an essay he wrote for the Weekly Standard three years ago, he mentions the moon landings as if they happened, by likening the progress our society made in race relations in 25 years time to the accomplishment of going to the Moon

The United States accomplished the amazing feat of virtually extinguishing race prejudice in a single generation, between the late 1950s and the early ’80s. It was a superb accomplishment, on the order of the Moon landings.

The War on Truth

He certainly is a whacko right winger -- even a "Right Wingnut", but that doesn't sound to me like something a moon landing denier would say.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I'll check that out later. Thx.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I'll check that out later. Thx.

It was only a brief mention in passing (no detail about the moon landings), but the point is that if he was trying to compare two big accomplishments. That comparison would make no sense if he didn't believe we went to the Moon.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

Just because you wrote it in capitals and just because he is Trump's science advisor doesn't make it true.

The fact that Trump thinks he's good for the job should in itself automatically mean he's a moron.

Well, Obama said Trump should deal with the question, at 3:30 in this video

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You do know what that event was right?

Are you actually seriously presenting this as some sort of argument relevant to the thread?

Really?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

You do know what that event was right?

Are you actually seriously presenting this as some sort of argument relevant to the thread?

Really?

Yes, that was Obama humiliating Trump. Now, the tables are turned, that's probably why Trump chose Yale University professor David Gelernter

worldnewsdailyreport.com...
edit on 4-2-2017 by Ove38 because: text fix

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Yes, you posted that already, and already its veracity has been questioned given his apparently ambiguous position on the subject.

You going to stay on topic or are you going to insist on irrelevant nonsense? The opinion of a computer science based on (if the statements in that article are accurate) complete ignorance are of no consequence given the total absence of actual factual support for the hoax claims. His appointment by some ginger moron is irrelevant and lends no veracity to his alleged views.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join