It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Silver Line

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
...I believe their is a silver lining in-between all of this. Between the obvious and clear cut that seemingly goes right down the middle, between all the nasty things that have been spewed back and forth, from callous comments to just frank honesty, and between what I think is just a battle of 2 different perceptions of reality.

Wether we know it or not our realities are slowly meshing together because if there's one thing I know for certain, it's that the truth will always resonate regardless which side it comes from. We all have too much egos to admit it and wether you want to admit it or not we can learn and have been learning from each other.

If you really think about it we are all pretty much acting the same, this is who we've become and who we are. There's a bit of Trump in all of us.. face it.

This isn't about politics or policies and I think the point I'm trying to make is knowledge is power. The more your insight grows, the wider your perception broadens and ultimately the more you will understand. If we can make it through this mess in one piece, everyone will have grown smarter, wiser and stronger and wether we are collectively somewhere in the middle or not, we will at least have more clarity and understanding for one another.

if you ignore all the childish stuff this is a healthy debate and we will all be better off because of it.. it's going to be a rocky road so hang on and try to enjoy the ride..

edit on 31-1-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Actually, i recognise (from daily exposure) the techniques employed by potus
it doesn't always have to be classy to be effective... the bullet points, repeated and re-hashed, given national airtime, will strike a cord with people: it's natural, people become 'acclimatised' to what's being said

This 'acclimatisation' then becomes the new 'norm'
In despite the cognitive dissonace

Who said (Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld ?) : you report on what we do, and in between times we move on and do other stuff, that you then report on, whilst we then move on to something else ... we are creating the new reality

That's where we are now, V.03

Another thread (i promise i'll link it *here*) says as much : everyone has been had and stiched up like a kipper :p

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986
Maybe leave it as it is ?

What does interest me though is how long it takes before a conversation descends to replys containing the default (multiple choice here)

Libtard
Butthurt
Snowflake
Cry baby
Hurt tears
Hillry-ter

The list is not finished..

No serious discussion can ever entail

And that's the whole point,
no discussion only name calling
It's stupid

Maybe the ATS bosses should create a new forum or two
For Trump/Against Trump
To canalise it all

I'm sick and tired (already!) of every thread being hijacked by
'Trump this'
''Obama that',
'Don't forget 'hillary said/did'

Any subject, at any given moment,
Risks being derailed because of it
_____

Every president for the last 20 yrs has always annoyed a certain segment of the population
Has always been divisive, it's normal !
that's life, that's how it is
_______

Why should an assinine comment ('wait 'till you see Trump do ************')
be accepted on a thread about, i dunno, science, space exploration, Mars
and not reported ?

Are moderators content to see praise for Trump at any cost ?
Has ATS become a surrogate mouthpiece for the new president ?
Actually, given the n° of banned posts ... it does make me wonder

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm hoping the silver lining is the phoenix that may arise from the Democratic party. After it finishes burning itself to the ground that is.

top topics

join