It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Airlines employee discovers $434G worth of cocaine in plane's nose gear

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
American Airlines employee discovers $434G worth of coc aine in plane's nose gear

In the nose, how ironic.

ETA: The link isn't working because ATS makes coc aine have a space in it. Delete the space in the url to get to the article.

Authorities say 31 pounds of coc aine that was accidentally discovered stashed in the nose of an American Airlines aircraft in Tulsa is worth around $434,000.

Tulsa County Sheriff's Office spokesman Justin Green says the plane arrived in Miami from Bogota, Colombia, on Sunday. It was flagged for maintenance and sent later that day to Tulsa International Airport, where American Airlines has a maintenance base.

While working on the nose gear, an airline employee noticed what looked like a clump of insulation or a brick-like object and called the sheriff's office to inspect the suspicious find.

Wow, a major American corporation working with Colombian cartels to bring Cocaine into the country. I wonder how far up the ladder this goes and how long something like this has been going unnoticed.

I also found the graph they used quite interesting as well. Cocaine seizures reached a 25 year low during the Obama administration. Were they working hard to keep those drugs out, or just hardly working?
edit on 1/31/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

What makes you think American has anything to do with this? Beyond it being on their aircraft, there isn't a shred of evidence this was anything but someone smuggling drugs using their aircraft.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

"American Airlines employee discovers $434G worth of coc aine..."

In the nose, how ironic.

Awesome!!!!! Haha, thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm sure there was probably another $5 million stashed in the tail they didn't find. I don't know why this is surprising or even news.

Someone working in maintenance or other service has access to the plane and they set it up so a counterpart in another city can receive the dope. Maintenance man at Airport A puts a key or two on the plane. Maintenance Man at Airport B picks it up.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Except that airport B was too busy to do the required work, so the aircraft went to airport C where the drugs were found.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You may be right. I don't know what the chain of possession is for commercial aircraft and when non-American Airlines personnel have access. My fault for making the assumption.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Link does not work for me, looks to have disappeared?.

It would not be the first time drugs have been carried in, first £434k is a decent amount but could still be a small cartel rather than some large multinational drug structure.

So you have to ask how did the goods get on board, looks like probably from a ground crew so vetting or corruption needs to be investigated as it could very well have been a device that ticks and makes loud bangs.

Who was going to collect it? there could be only a small sample of people that have access to the plane at the US end of the leg..

RA

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It probably was an employee trying to make more money. One of the first things we were told when I worked at the airport was that if someone wants to get something on the plane, they will. They have a lot more money to throw at people that have access, and the amounts they're willing to pay, to put even small packages on the aircraft, are amounts anyone would be hard pressed to turn down.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yeah...stick it in the nose, nobody would ever think of looking for blow there.

Genius.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Edumakated

Except that airport B was too busy to do the required work, so the aircraft went to airport C where the drugs were found.

Exactly, but this isn't some unique example. Happens every single day. Although I am sure the maintenance guys at Airport A and B are sweating bullets (or someone's whole family just got murked).

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

A mechanic at Miami. Only they couldn't get the aircraft in so it went to Tulsa.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

What makes you think American has anything to do with this? Beyond it being on their aircraft, there isn't a shred of evidence this was anything but someone smuggling drugs using their aircraft.

They'll probably claim the Russians brainwashed President Trump into sending subliminal messages to the flight crew to smuggle the drugs.

Saying that, the rubbish that's been said about such crud over the last few months would probably mean they'd be believed and get off.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

That's a great point. If this can be done with drugs, it could just as easily be done with explosives. Maybe Trump will create an EO requiring extensive vetting of the planes coming in to the US from certain countries...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

That's a great point. If this can be done with drugs, it could just as easily be done with explosives. Maybe Trump will create an EO requiring extensive vetting of the planes coming in to the US from certain countries...

Forget explosives, that's SO 20th century...i'd be more worried about far deadlier items...viruses and bacteria spring to mind.

Which begs the question...if all these drugs routinely get smuggled through so easily, and if the rabid factions around the world we're constantly being drilled about via the MSM and Government are so dangerous and determined to kill us...how are we all still alive?

edit on 31 1 2017 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

It wouldn't do a lot of good. You'd have to search it in the country it's leaving, in which case the people searching it are probably corrupted too. If it was an explosive device it probably wouldn't make the US.

This hole has been there since airport security started in 1973, and except for the occasional drug bust, there hasn't been a serious issue.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I realize that. It was just some light sarcasm given the current events.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Dang Zaphod, you really hit it on the nose.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Thanks ill be here all night
edit on 31-1-2017 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

This will be ground staff at the airport and maintenance engineers involved in a smuggling ring of some kind, wonder how much they have already passed into the US or if this was a first time attempt discovered before any harm could be done with that disgusting poison (ok for medicine, fine in it's natural state as a mild pain killer with light euphoria as used by the south American peoples but once refined from the coca leaf and it's natural state this is far too addictive and harmful, I always wondered why idiots would want to mess up there own neurochemistry in the first place but hey it is a weird world after all.

Good catch for this employee and he deserves at the very least a commendation and I would suggest his company should give him a sizable reward as a thank you for being so diligent in his duty.
Good on him.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

It could be done but much less likely. It is one thing to pay someone hard up for a bucks to smuggle a key vs putting a bomb on a plane. I'd guess 99.9% of people who'd risk their freedom for $1000 aren't so crazy as to help terrorist.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Exactly, pretty sure if AA was involved it would be a more sophisticated operation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join