It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to (potentially) radicalise someone.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Other ways to radicalize a young person

Throw their gay brother off a roof

Cut the head off their father because he didn't say a Koran verse correctly.

Force your sister to be a sex slave for a rag tag group of fighters.

Blow up your historical sites

Kill people trying to provide vaccinations.

Use your family for human shields to protect their fighters

Place military hardware near hospitals.

Somehow I don't think being detained for 4 hours even compares

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

Inconvenient logic is inconvenient...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Speaking of stupid posts

How is the 5 year old in his example breaking the law? The kid is Five

Stupid post. By your line of thinking I guess we just let em all in because we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings! Pfft!

How about we let them in because they're refugees? Do you know what a refugee is?

God - when did people get to be so ugly?

Finally at 10 a.m., Anshur’s phone rang. It was an officer from the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) — which is responsible for deporting undocumented immigrants and criminal permanent residents — calling from Dulles International Airport in Washington, D.C.

The officer told Anshur: “We deported your wife and kids.”

Confused and frustrated, Abi and Anshur didn’t know what to do next. So they drove back to Willmar. Two hours later, the officer called back — this time with different information: “We have your wife and kids,” he told Anshur. “The kids are fine. We checked their files; they are U.S. citizens [their father was a U.S. citizen at the time of their birth]. But the mom will be sent back.”

Anshur asked the officer if they could wait until he reached the Dulles Airport to see his wife before she was repatriated. The officer hung up the phone without saying a word.

Finally, at 2 a.m. Sunday morning, the two children were reunited with their father. More than once, Adan was threatened with handcuffs and was left with her children without food or drink throughout the 20-hour airport detention, Abi said. “When we first saw her,” Abi said of Adan, “the first thing she said was, ‘Why did you used to tell me America is a free country?’”

Just one story

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

There our millions of us who already know what the outcome will be and we are prepared for it!

Whats to be the outcome and how are you prepared for it?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

neformore - people will do unspeakable things to other people and rationalize that they deserve it

Just so they feel safe and comfy

It's a lost cause maybe, but I'm glad to know there are still people in this world that won't walk that walk

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
A person can be RADICALIZED as an adult too. All it takes is a strong dislike of abuse by those in positions of authority. One can also fall away from that radicalization, as he/she ages and calms down.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I dont think you would radicalise someone to become a terrorist that fights for you that way.

You might make them fear you.

You might make them despise you.

You might make them want to seek help getting away from you - but not to the USA.

You radicalise someone by convincing them that someone else is their enemy.

Your Bull# logic is bull#.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

How about this, then? You convince them that their sure fire way to paradise is to kill nonbelievers in their god' and prophet's names... and if you take yourself out alongside a high enough body count you receive your 72 pre-teen girls to deflower for the rest of eternity. How's that for a tool of radicalization? I get it, it is far easier to point the finger at the people with morals, scruples, and a history of being shamed into appeasement than it is to expect the group who believes their hatred for mankind and abuse of humanity has been hailed as blessed by their deity... but easy doesn't get us anywhere other than kneeling, either to convert to their religion and appease them or have our head cut off and our death televised on a high school AV club level production on a Youtube channel.

You want the truth of this whole farce? The west SHOULDN'T GIVE A CRAP why, how, or when these individuals are radicalized because it's a manifestation of mass psychosis. There is nothing to be gained by normal society in trying to divine reason out of that chaos. Our time is far better spent in devising ways to isolate the crazy from the rest of society (and when I say "rest of society" I also mean the peaceful Islamists) and, when needed, to go into those isolated pockets of insanity and clean house, reserving that action for times when the inmates are spilling out of asylum and common sense measures of defense are proving insufficient.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And penalising people trying to get away from despicable evil helps how, exactly?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And penalising people trying to get away from despicable evil helps how, exactly?

It isn't a zero sum game, Nef. You do what is best for your own nation, same as those people are looking to do. At this juncture, the USA closing her doors is absolutely best for the USA... at the end of the day, the United States owes nothing to any foreign nationals.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I dont think you would radicalise someone to become a terrorist that fights for you that way.

You might make them fear you.

You might make them despise you.

You might make them want to seek help getting away from you - but not to the USA.

You radicalise someone by convincing them that someone else is their enemy.

Your Bull# logic is bull#.

So committing outright atrocities against a person or their family (maybe*) isn't going to radicalize them, but inconveniencing them will (maybe*) radicalize them?

Talk about some bull# logic.

ETA - * maybes added after the fact because apparently the whole point is to not do anything because something may or may not happen at some point in the future. Or it might not. But it might.
edit on 1-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You know, you are the perfect example of someone who simply has not thought things through here, and I have to thank you for that.

Let me try and explain this in a more simple manner, with two questions.

If I punch you in the face really really hard, are you going to punch me back or are you going to punch who I tell you to?

If I lock you away from the person in the world you adore the most - in handcuffs - for a reason that makes no sense to you, for a period of time because I think you might be dangerous to someone or something, when clearly you are not in any way, shape or form - capable of hurting anyone, are you just simply going to let that go and feel kindly to me for doing it?

Answer those two questions honestly, without the BS bravado and cowboy keyboard warrior talk. Then think about your answers.

Hopefully, that will help.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You know, you are the perfect example of someone who simply has not thought things through here, and I have to thank you for that.

Let me try and explain this in a more simple manner, with two questions.

If I punch you in the face really really hard, are you going to punch me back or are you going to punch who I tell you to?

If I lock you away from the person in the world you adore the most - in handcuffs - for a reason that makes no sense to you, for a period of time because I think you might be dangerous to someone or something, when clearly you are not in any way, shape or form - capable of hurting anyone, are you just simply going to let that go and feel kindly to me for doing it?

Answer those two questions honestly, without the BS bravado and cowboy keyboard warrior talk. Then think about your answers.

Hopefully, that will help.

#triggered

Sorry that you're so offended by pointing out the glaring inconsistencies with whatever you think your "logic" is but there's really no need to get personal, mudpit or not.

All your sad little comment tells me is that since you can't rebut the point I actually made, you have to resort to the tried and true lefty tactic of getting personal about things.

This is what you people do: you concoct some ridiculous scenario and then present it as if I'm the one that came up with it and ask me to defend it.

I never said anything about "feeling kindly," you did. And there's a huge, huge difference between "feeling kindly" and "radicalized to the point of driving a truck into a crowd of people." Yet somehow you've attempted to reduce them to the same level, which is utterly absurd. Would I feel kindly? No, I wouldn't. Would that cause me to go out and attack people? Well probably not, especially as at the age I'm at now I can't even remember what five years old felt like.

Now, since I've answered your utterly asinine questions perhaps you can answer the one that keeps getting directed to you: you actually think we should never do something because there's a chance it might upset somebody somewhere enough to retaliate at some point in the future?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Issues always start somewhere. Handing issues to people isn't going to make things better.

But you aren't thinking.

You are too busy trying to insult.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Lol so pointing out that you've gotten personal in an effort to win is me being the insulting one? Your mental gymnastics are truly amazing.

Newsflash: lots of people need no reason to get pissed off. Lots of people get pissed off over nothing. Lots of people make # up to get pissed off about. Living your life in such a manner as to hopefully never do anything that could ever possibly offend anybody, anywhere, ever is a complete non-starter. Short of never interacting with anybody, it's impossible.

PS - I note you still can't answer my question, other than in a very indirect manner. We're done here.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So the kid is a US citizen, the mother is not. For whatever reason the mother takes her child to one of the countries, that, incidentally, has been on a list of "countries of concern" for some time (as we know the Obama administration originally compiled that list) Particularly just after a new president has been elected, who has promised to clamp down on illegal immigration and the potential for terrorists to sneak into the country under the guise of being a refugee.

Would you put your child in that situation, inasmuch that A) you would take them to a potentially dangerous country and B) that you know there might be issues as you are not a US citizen yourself, and that imminent changes were planned. Unless of course she had the child out of the country for several months in which case I personally would be asking why...Does she not want for her child to grow up in the US, become a part of the US?

If, for example,, she had family business or whatever in her home country, why not leave the child with his father? why risk your child's safety in a country that is known to be dangerous and with changes to immigration procedures, could cause you problems on your return.

As a mother, I would never put my child in that situation and to be perfectly honest, if I had left a country because I wanted to start a new life, particularly if I was running from persecution or whatever, I would never be going back..no way, I'd be staying in the country that took me in and be grateful for my haven where I could bring my child up safely.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
you actually think we should never do something because there's a chance it might upset somebody somewhere enough to retaliate at some point in the future?

I think you should do as you would wish to be done by.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Haha.

If one becomes radicalized so be it, we have ways of dealing with them.

Let the gloves come off.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I guarandamntee you one thing, you punch me in the nose and I'll never hold my door open and invite you to enter my home. #911BloodyNose, #IsalmofascistTerrorPunch

You assume the USA wants, needs, or cares about whether these people "feel kindly" towards us. Essential fact: everyone who has approached radical Islam with an olive branch and kindness has been victimized and left bleeding in the wake of jihad. What possibly is gained by America responding to any of these people with kindness?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
you actually think we should never do something because there's a chance it might upset somebody somewhere enough to retaliate at some point in the future?

I think you should do as you would wish to be done by.

Fair enough... you don't see me looking to visit or emigrate to the Middle East now, do you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join