It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to (potentially) radicalise someone.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The kid is an American citizen.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Was his mom?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Do you think he's going to be deliriously happy with a system and country that did that to him

You can't please everyone...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

That doesn't matter according to US citizenship laws.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

That doesn't matter according to US citizenship laws.

It does until said child is either of legal responsible age or declared emancipated from his parents by the courts. The law permits deportation of citizen minors if they have no legal citizen relative in this country and their parents are not citizens. It is a law which hasn't been enforced as it should have been, allowing this idiotic scenario of anchor babies to balloon our illegal alien numbers, but it is still an enforceable law on the books.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That sounds like you think that a 5 year old US citizen should be deported to another country?

Say it ain't so, please.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

That sounds like you think that a 5 year old US citizen should be deported to another country?

Say it ain't so, please.

A little while ago you were almost quoting ""The Law"" to me. Now it's a matter of opinion?

Listen ... Learn

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Say it ain't so, please.

A 5 year old, US citizen or otherwise, should be kept with his parents. If said parents are not US citizens, then deportation until said child is legally an adult and no longer in need of guardianship is the only logical solution.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

You are no longer five...
While not all walls have eye's... These walls do...
I thank you for this glimpse at you...
I think I'll have myself a better look...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

See, its obvious from the replies here so far that

- people don't read whats written
- people simply wish to deny what is not in their paradigm, without thinking about other consequences.

The kid may be fine.

But then again he may not.

There are no absolutes in my OP. Read the title. Read the OP again.

Its fine if you disagree with it. Really - it is. I'll still love you tomorrow.

It's simply meant to try and get people to think.

All I really got from your OP is we should never do anything that could potentially radicalize anybody.

Which means we should do nothing, at all, ever, because god knows extremists don't need any reason at all to be extremists and are capable of just making # up to be pissed about.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Look at me?

The OP is about a real 5 year old kid that was detained - reportedly in Handcuffs as part of the visa idiocracy that is going on.

Its not about me.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

You are right. This whole thing is going to backfire. It's obvious to experts, it's obvious to me and I am not an expert.
I somehow wonder if that is the plan. Cause more attacks and then hear from the government, 'SEE, we told you so!'.

It's not just kicking a hornet's nest, it's opening it and shaking it all over the place to spread the insides around.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Say it ain't so, please.

A 5 year old, US citizen or otherwise, should be kept with his parents. If said parents are not US citizens, then deportation until said child is legally an adult and no longer in need of guardianship is the only logical solution.

So, they all get deported and then you think the child will want to return?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Was his mom?

According to our laws, it doesn't matter if the child was born here.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I thought it was going to be something easy like buying a guy a beer or three.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Once the child is an adult and making their own decisions, it is 100% on them whether they "want to return" or not. Honestly, I don't care if they ever come back to the USA or not.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
So are we supposed to be afraid to hurt anyone's feelings with regard to our National Security?

The kid may be fine. But then again he may not.

That reads more like an insinuation that we should be guilt-ed into disregarding our national interest or that we should be fearful of repercussions.

Whether or not the child becomes radicalized will have exactly NOTHING to do with his journey/treatment. Hundreds of thousands of people, of all nationalities, traveled via long, exhausting, dangerous boat voyages,100+ years ago. Many dies in route. If they were lucky enough to survive, they got to the mayhem and madding crowds of Ellis Island and had to go through physical exams, separation and many other hurdles. They turned out okay. And most were happy to do whatever it took, pay whatever price. As a whole, they assimilated and raised generations of productive citizens.
edit on 2/1/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Maybe since you framed your observation as a question you'll get a response. I didn't, and it seems a pretty germane concept to discuss. The whole thing reads like a "we shouldn't do X because it's possible that Y might happen one day."

And that can be said about pretty much any law on the books from federal to state to local ordinances. Laws piss people off.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Its not a muslim ban - as I've said in my other thread - but those kinds of questions, and the actions being undertaken really need to be thought through a bit more, don't you think?

When 3 of those countries are on the state sponsors of terrorism list (Iran,Sudan,Syira)

When one called Libya was bombed by a past US administration,and got an ambassador, and three others slaughtered.

When another one called Somalia ended up where pirates were getting shot not too long ago,and before that a food mission went cluster effed.

Then another called Yemen is waging a muslim civil war between the Sunni and the Shia. See that Iran country again.

Which brings us to the Sudan. The home of the Darfur Genocide.

Seems to me being made to wait, and being told no isn't anything compared to what's been going on previously.

And who were already radicalized before 10 days ago.

So Nef.

It isn't a muslim ban.

It's called closing the door on places past US administrations screwed over.

you do know that there are citizens there that risked their lives helping America, and now you don't give a s**t about them, just let them die there.....you must have grown up in a F'd up environment as a kid, I feel sorry for you, as you sound like you're damaged

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

you do know that there are citizens there that risked their lives helping America, and now you don't give a s**t about them, just let them die there.....you must have grown up in a F'd up environment as a kid, I feel sorry for you, as you sound like you're damaged

Like that doctor still rotting in a PAkistani prison for helping to 'get' Bin Laden?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join