It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to (potentially) radicalise someone.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Imagine you are 5 years old again.

Imagine you've been on a really really long plane journey.

Imagine that, when you get off that plane, because of your mothers country of birth, you are held for over four hours, and (reportedly) handcuffed and prevented from seeing your mother.

Such experiences tend to stay with kids.

When you are five years old, such a length of time is an eternity, and you have no way at that age of properly understanding what is happening.

As that kid grows up and comes to terms with the world, do you think he's going to be happy about the way he was treated? Or how his family was perceived? Do you think he's going to be deliriously happy with a system and country that did that to him - no matter how "reasonably" its explained to him why, because the experience was personal to him

Or do you think there is a possibility (however slim), that he might just listen to the people who tell him that the system thinks he's scum, that he doesn't belong, that he is an outcast and that he should be doing something (potentially violent) about it?

Its not a muslim ban - as I've said in my other thread - but those kinds of questions, and the actions being undertaken really need to be thought through a bit more, don't you think?

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I understand. Now imagine that you were taught from birth that it is okay to kill infidels. Same thing.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore
Imagine you are 5 years old...and you are taught to follow the law.

Stupid post.
By your line of thinking I guess we just let em all in because we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings! Pfft!

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If he grows up believing it is okay to kill innocent people as a result of his experience, then that will be some twisted #.

If he had witnessed his mother gunned down, blown up or killed by a truck being driven by a Terrorist, then I would understand.

I appreciate where you are coming from, but the fall out of this current ban would be a pathetic reason for allowing themselves to become radicalised.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Its not a muslim ban - as I've said in my other thread - but those kinds of questions, and the actions being undertaken really need to be thought through a bit more, don't you think?

When 3 of those countries are on the state sponsors of terrorism list (Iran,Sudan,Syira)

When one called Libya was bombed by a past US administration,and got an ambassador, and three others slaughtered.

When another one called Somalia ended up where pirates were getting shot not too long ago,and before that a food mission went cluster effed.

Then another called Yemen is waging a muslim civil war between the Sunni and the Shia. See that Iran country again.

Which brings us to the Sudan. The home of the Darfur Genocide.

Seems to me being made to wait, and being told no isn't anything compared to what's been going on previously.

And who were already radicalized before 10 days ago.

So Nef.

It isn't a muslim ban.

It's called closing the door on places past US administrations screwed over.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

By five its too late

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You know what, you guys can counter argue all you want.

The dice has been rolled on this one and no one knows what the outcome will be. I don't. You don't.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
I understand. Now imagine that you were taught from birth that it is okay to kill infidels. Same thing.

Underrated post.

Thing is, there are people from these countries that are using children to terrorize places and target innocent people. So how about those children?

Let's put this in perspective.

It's not permanent.
I think they will grow up just fine.
Do you remember being in terrible situations at 4 or 5 and it changing your life?
Did any of those things make you a hateful and spiteful person?
Huh.

America is still an amazing place to live and learn.
Let's not make emotional pandering a new thing now.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

The dice has been rolled on this one and no one knows what the outcome will be. I don't. You don't.

No, but god knows if one assclown blows something up and says it's because of the immigration freeze in Q1 2017, plenty of folks will claim the freeze is to blame.

Surely can't be because that assclown has been told to go out and kill Westerners.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

NO!

You don't know what the outcome may be!

There our millions of us who already know what the outcome will be and we are prepared for it!

Get out of your confirmation biased bubble and take a good hard look at who is actually doing the DIVIDING!

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Wait.

Someone was pretty certain when they wrote that op.

Then they said no one knows what the outcome will be.

So are people going get 'radical' for being made to wait or not ?

No one has went on a jihad standing in line waiting to buy the latest iphone.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I do know one thing. I support my President trying to protect American citizens, by trying to put a better vetting plan in place. There is nothing wrong with that. His greatest job is to ensure the security of the American Citizen no matter if you want him to or not.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yeah, kids are cute and innocent until they grow up into dangerous individuals who need to be parsed by border security and national security plans. Sorry, I find this to be grasping at straws and remain unswayed on the necessity of this entry ban.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: havok

Underrated post.

That is your opinion.

Thing is, there are people from these countries that are using children to terrorize places and target innocent people. So how about those children?

What about those children. They got the raw end of the deal. I feel bad for them, but what about my children. I don't want my children to experience that either and if we do not get this terrorism crap under control there is the possibility that they will experience it. I do not want to put my children in any danger because other children are in danger. Lets get our crap straight here first, then help when we can.

Let's put this in perspective.

Yes. Let us do that.

It's not permanent. I think they will grow up just fine. Do you remember being in terrible situations at 4 or 5 and it changing your life? Did any of those things make you a hateful and spiteful person? Huh.

That is your perspective? You think? Terrible situation? It will just be fine. If that is as discriminate a thought you have in mind, you are the one who needs to think on all the other perspectives.

America is still an amazing place to live and learn. Let's not make emotional pandering a new thing now.

Yes America is still a great place to be. Haven't you seen all those riots and protests, emotional pandering seems to not want America safe. That is why I only pander rational thought about this topic.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

How many Japanese American children were radicalized during the internment?

Seems to me if that wasn't the outcome for them, it's highly unlikely a few hours of inconvenience at an airport would produce a more extreme result.

Moreover, we are talking about 109 people total, I believe, who were detained over the weekend, compared to nearly 200k Japanese Americans.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What if a 5 year old loses a parent in a terror attack in New York City.

What happens when that child grows up and wants to join the U.S. Marines?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Imagine if you were 5 years old and...

...jumped off a bridge.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If ifs and buts where candies and nuts...
What a load of tripe...
While circumstance and predisposition to it may well help form attitude and train of thought it does little to condition one to such extremes...
You see one still has choices and must act upon those choices to begin to come close to fullfilling such an agenda...
Truly such an attitude is based in a lack of intelligence education and love...
Instead they are dumbed down and have the ideals and hatred pumped into them until it is completely acceptable... In short they are brain washed...
To do this is no small task it has to be ingrained into the society in which they live...
This is no small fleeting glimpse at reality...
Instead it is a daily dose which shapes such minds...
Then with the the supposed belief that it is righteous in the eyes of God... Well then you have something very dangerous indeed... There is no more moral compass nothing to hinder the progress of evil thoughts... Instead quite the contrary... These thoughts are instead promoted encouraged and believed to be the very will of God...
Such a mindset is a sick twisted perversion of which no single incident or even multiple events could trigger...
It has to be instead... the Norm...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
See, its obvious from the replies here so far that

- people don't read whats written
- people simply wish to deny what is not in their paradigm, without thinking about other consequences.

The kid may be fine.

But then again he may not.

There are no absolutes in my OP. Read the title. Read the OP again.

Its fine if you disagree with it. Really - it is. I'll still love you tomorrow.

It's simply meant to try and get people to think.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Imagine you are 5 years old again.

Imagine you've been on a really really long plane journey.

Imagine that, when you get off that plane, because of your mothers country of birth, you are held for over four hours, and (reportedly) handcuffed and prevented from seeing your mother.

Imagine you get sent back to the Middle East. Imagine you have to stay there ... where you belong.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join