It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

convoy of “military vehicles” displaying Trump Flag

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
(post by Violater1 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: eNumbra
Military vehicles would also have license plates with that designation on them as well, would they not?

Yes.

I can't watch the video right now, does it get close enough for a look at the plates?

The first video is a grainy mess, the second the vehicles are going too fast (another red flag) to see any plates.

Heavy vehicles are exempt from state registration, and they are identified by the various numbers on them. Military sedans and other light vehicles display US Government plates (they look home made.)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I doubt this is an actual military convoy as everyone in the military knows they are to present an apolitical face in public.

I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not. However, the part of the Oath of Enlistment is "I will obey the orders of the President of the United States." Supporting the POTUS therefor part of their Oath. Nothing political.

There's a difference between supporting POTUS and obeying orders from same, and conflating the two is vastly over-simplifying it.

To be blunt, I had one company commander that I personally couldn't stand, but obeyed his lawful orders because the oath I took required me to, regardless of how I felt about him personally.

And I think it's worth noting that the Constitution is mentioned first in the Oath. Being faithful to the Constitution trumps whatever feelings a person may have about commanders. Including POTUS.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Don't they usually remove the SATCOM antennas when they demil for sale to public?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151
a reply to: Lughnasadh

You're as ignorant as they come. Their base salary isn't much, so they get allowances for food and/or shelter. You're argument is that a soldier should enlist, risk his or her life for $15-20k/yr and have to pay for food and housing. What's really a shame is that they still have to protect you. I also hope you don't pretend to have respect for service members in real life. That would make you probably the biggest piece of crap I can imagine. I hope you turn your back to the flag at events and let everyone know how much your respect the sacrifices of others. More than that, I hope you're not collecting food stamps like so many other children of Obama.

Again. Not feeling too sorry.

I wish I had $400 a month to spend on myself. And no, I'm not on welfare. I have a great city government job and I make good money.

But all that money goes to food, shelter, and bills. So, cry me a river.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: Violater1

The third letter is a "A", that was easy to debunk.

Not as easy to debunk as your debunking, the flag is facing away from the camera so you're seeing the R, backwards as being the 3Rd.letter.instead of the second.
Maybe it's a militia trying to make people think they're active military? Not sure.to what end though...

I'm at home now and was able to watch the video. Yes, it says "Trump".

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lughnasadh

originally posted by: bender151
a reply to: Lughnasadh

You're as ignorant as they come. Their base salary isn't much, so they get allowances for food and/or shelter. You're argument is that a soldier should enlist, risk his or her life for $15-20k/yr and have to pay for food and housing. What's really a shame is that they still have to protect you. I also hope you don't pretend to have respect for service members in real life. That would make you probably the biggest piece of crap I can imagine. I hope you turn your back to the flag at events and let everyone know how much your respect the sacrifices of others. More than that, I hope you're not collecting food stamps like so many other children of Obama.

Again. Not feeling too sorry.

I wish I had $400 a month to spend on myself. And no, I'm not on welfare. I have a great city government job and I make good money.

But all that money goes to food, shelter, and bills. So, cry me a river.

Sounds like you need somebody to cry you a river.

The military pays crap because it's an entry level job. Just like every other entry level job, you get paid crap. You get paid even less crap than other entry level jobs because your housing and insurance and meals are provided for you as a benefit in lieu of actual pay. I made crap when I first went in and I banked the overwhelming majority of it. Banking the majority of your crap pay doesn't negate the crap pay. Very, very few people whine about how much they made as private or private first class and referring to one's paycheck as beer money is completely common. Making an observation that one made a crap paycheck under a certain administration isn't complaining, it's an observation that one made crap money. I made crap money and I loved doing it.

If 100% of your salary from your "great government job" is spent then perhaps you should manage your financial affairs better rather than trying to crap on others for making observations about their own money.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Mystery solved! Yay!

Military Convoy Flying Trump Flag Belonged to SEAL Unit

re flag, hope it was support staff

"Defense Department and Navy regulations prescribe flags and pennants that may be displayed as well as the manner of display," said Maxwell. "The flag shown in the video was unauthorized."

Though known as SEAL units, Navy Special Warfare Units consist of many support staff, Maxwell said, so the occupants of the vehicle flying the flag may not have been SEALs.

If the inquiry determines there was misconduct involved in the incident, Maxwell said the unit commander will "make a disposition decision as to the appropriate administrative or disciplinary action".

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer
Don't they usually remove the SATCOM antennas when they demil for sale to public?

Among other things that appear present, yes.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

saw this appear on the google news feed today....im actually kinda happy it turned out to be real.

I think anyone that thinks of taking Trump down is going to open the pandoras box with our military.....if this is any hint at all about how popular he might be in the military.

www.usatoday.com... on-now/2017/02/02/military-convoy-flew-trump-flag-convoy/97388366/

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
"The Navy SEALs have claimed ownership of the military convoy that drove through the Kentucky city of Louisville on Sunday sporting a Donald Trump flag. The convoy belonged to a Navy SEAL unit that is based in the East Coast, according to a Navy spokesperson who spoke to ABC News on Wednesday. A viral video showed the convoy being led by a vehicle that sported a blue Donald Trump flag from its antenna, but because none of the vehicles had markings that could be traced, viewers were unclear as to whether their drivers were military personnel or private citizens. “The convoy were service members assigned to an East Coast-based Naval Special Warfare unit driving vehicles while transiting between two training locations,” Lieutenant Jacqui Maxwell told ABC News. ... "
www.salon.com...
Hahahahaahahahah Totally Beautiful!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So to all the haters, it's the SEALS!
Hahahahaahahahah Totally Beautiful!

edit on V292017Thursdaypm28America/ChicagoThu, 02 Feb 2017 16:29:22 -06001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

15 yard penalty... excessive celebration.

I wonder what's going to happen to these guys, considering the national coverage of an otherwise ho-hum event. I'm sure it caused quite a few people to get involved that don't appreciate that involvement.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

15 yard penalty... excessive celebration.

I wonder what's going to happen to these guys, considering the national coverage of an otherwise ho-hum event. I'm sure it caused quite a few people to get involved that don't appreciate that involvement.

The SecDef won't give a rats butt. If their CO was OK with it, no problemo. They are displaying their support of the POTUS. Now if it was a candidate, TOTALLY different story. But it was not, it's the POTUS.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

It doesn't matter if he's POTUS or not. They can and should still get in trouble for it. They violated DoD and Navy regulations as well as the Hatch Act. The military is expected to remain apolitical.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I think the most they will get is a ruler across the knuckles and told not to do it again LOL

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join