It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

convoy of “military vehicles” displaying Trump Flag

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Fourth paragraph into the article quoted in the OP:

A Defense Department spokesman, Maj. Jamie Davis, who examined images of the four-truck procession for the Courier-Journal, said he doesn't think it belonged to any service branch — and that the vehicles may have been military surplus.

Mystery solved me thinks. Militia group.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Wouldn't they need to have license plates if non military?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer
a reply to: Violater1

Wouldn't it be great if more of this happens. The grunts in the military declaring We Have Your Back Mr President.

No it wouldn't..::

Service members first allegiance is to the constitution and the people of the United States...

Respect for the CIC should be great, but not reverence.....

We want our men and women to have our backs, not a gov official

Strictly speaking as former USMC grunt

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

If they've been registered yet. If they were on their way to a surplus auction or just coming from being sold, then not yet.

There was a recent GSA auction in Florida. I saw an S-61 they sold on a trailer heading towards Arizona or California. These may have been sold there too.
edit on 1/31/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Zarniwoop

If they've been registered yet. If they were on their way to a surplus auction or just coming from being sold, then not yet.

My guess is that's probably the case one of those two

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I'm betting the auction in Florida that just took place. I saw some other equipment sold there out west.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I'm betting the auction in Florida that just took place. I saw some other equipment sold there out west.

Feeling a little sad I missed out to be honest!

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

The third letter is a "A", that was easy to debunk.

Not as easy to debunk as your debunking, the flag is facing away from the camera so you're seeing the R, backwards as being the 3Rd.letter.instead of the second.
Maybe it's a militia trying to make people think they're active military? Not sure.to what end though...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

People other than militia like to buy army surplus - just for fun.

Someone I know had an old army jeep. We would ride off-road beating the thing up, through the rough woods with it tossing and jumping over the rough terrain and through bushes and trees.
It was quite exhilarating.... actually I think today I would be terrified. I was much younger then

But I see the big vehicles in parades and driving around the area regularly. -- Not militia.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I was making about $400 a month when I came in at the end of Clinton's term.

With zero bills to pay, I don't feel a bit sorry for you.....

Try making that and have to pay for food and housing and then I'll have some sympathy.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Also, FWIW, Indivisible is a bunch of left-wingers bent on opposing any and every thing Trump, so it's no surprise that they're pushing this as being a military convoy and banging that drum of how scary and dangerous it is for this to happen.

Chris Rowzee, a spokeswoman for indivisibleky, a new activist organization in Louisville, said that as a retired veteran who served 28 years in the Air Force, “I can't even begin to describe how disturbed I am by this.”

“To show a partisan political leaning on a military vehicle is very reminiscent of Nazi Germany,” she said.

Nicely ticking off the left-wing talking points. One would think somebody with nearly 30 years of military service would ask why none of the vehicles have any convoy markings on them but I guess not.

Indivisible is supported by the likes of Rachel Maddow, no less.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I doubt this is an actual military convoy as everyone in the military knows they are to present an apolitical face in public.

Military vehicles would also have license plates with that designation on them as well, would they not?

I can't watch the video right now, does it get close enough for a look at the plates?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I was always under the impression that, if military vehicles are sold to the public as surplus, they have to remove any vehicle unit identification numbers painted on there, so either someone put the S4 numbers on there, or these are actually military vehicles.

But, being a veteran, I can tell you that this would not "fly" in any unit, especially in the apparent lead vehicle. I would have to agree that these are probably not military vehicles anymore.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer

Wouldn't it be great if more of this happens. The grunts in the military declaring We Have Your Back Mr President.

No it wouldn't..::

Service members first allegiance is to the constitution and the people of the United States...

Respect for the CIC should be great, but not reverence.....

We want our men and women to have our backs, not a gov official

Strictly speaking as former USMC grunt

Oath of Enlistment
I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).
www.army.mil...

My Pledge: Oath of Commissioned Officers
All commissioned officers in the United States military must make the following oath of office when they are appointed in the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy or U.S. Marine Corps:

“I, (state your name), having been appointed a (rank) in the United States (branch of service), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the office upon which I am about to enter. So help me God.”
www.afmentor.com...

Agreed: 1a. support and defend the Constitution of the United States
1b. support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic
2. I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion
3. I will well and faithfully discharge the office upon which I am about to enter. So help me God.
I must say, currently, it is a breath of fresh air to have President Trump in Office. That may or may not change. But for right now, Go Trump!

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You're also obliged, and it is your duty to disregard any order that goes against your orders to uphold the constitution of the United States....that goes for any superior including the President...

That's why I say it's better to have military personnel respect the president not revere him as described....

You don't have to recite the oath to me....

I took it

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I was always under the impression that, if military vehicles are sold to the public as surplus, they have to remove any vehicle unit identification numbers painted on there, so either someone put the S4 numbers on there, or these are actually military vehicles.

But, being a veteran, I can tell you that this would not "fly" in any unit, especially in the apparent lead vehicle. I would have to agree that these are probably not military vehicles anymore.

May depend on your company commander. If he approves of it (I'm sure the SecDef would
:cheers
, then no problemo.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

My fav part is when the lady compares displaying this flag to the atrocities of Nazi Germany.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You're also obliged, and it is your duty to disregard any order that goes against your orders to uphold the constitution of the United States....that goes for any superior including the President...

That's why I say it's better to have military personnel respect the president not revere him as described....

I took it

I wasn't, but there are others who would have questioned it out of ignorance. So I posted it. Didn't mean any disrepect for a Hollywood grunt

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

I took it

I wasn't, but there are others who would have questioned it out of ignorance. So I posted it. Didn't mean any disrepect for a Hollywood grunt

Haha none taken I just wasn't sure if you thought I had forgotten

Never , sorry if it came off hostile wasn't my intent!

"Hollywood".....damn your memory is good lol!

Never let it be said you don't know your members here!

Much love brother

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join