It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch one woman's story of trying to reenter the U.S. after ban

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Muslims do not need to denounce Islamic terrorism if they have nothing to do with it.

I'll keep that in mind the next time you bring up David Duke's endorsement for Trump.

Nobody needs to do anything.

But it would certainly be more productive than complaining.

This woman was speaking about her experience with US customs agents. She did so in such a way as to criticize the president for his reaction to the problem, without addressing the problem whatsoever herself.

The problem is, of course, that many muslims have become radicalized and are traveling to western countries for the purpose of murdering innocent people in the name of Islam.

How many muslims you ask? Enough to warrant this executive order, I can assure you. The correct answer is too many.

The executive order didn't single her out because of her religion, she openly admitted to that in the interview.

She was the one that equated the list of banned countries to a ban on all muslims, which is false.

So I see this woman using her 15 minutes of fame, not to address the problem, but to complain about the president's (common sense) solution to the problem, all the while ignoring the elephant in the room.

If Iran is so great, why doesn't she go to school there? After all, there must be a reason why she chose to attend Stanford in the US.

Do you think it might have something to do with the fact that she can enjoy more freedom as a woman in the US?

In the video she's all about me me me. By wasting a golden opportunity to condemn the horrendous acts of terror that have prompted this executive order, she is only perpetuating the problem.

She has done nothing to contribute to the solution.

edit on 2/1/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Muslims do not need to denounce Islamic terrorism if they have nothing to do with it.

It's being done in the name of their religion. Not saying or doing anything about it is basically supporting it. Which I think many "moderate" muslims do.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The USA should throw out all immigrants, foreigners and give the country back to it´s native owners.
I would like to see which other country on earth is willing to take 370 millions of refugees without any nation...

edit on 1 2 2017 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This has struck a nerve with me and I have not read any of the other post yet. I probably should not be contributing to this thread because my anger is still raw, and I will admit that right now I can't be that compassionate to immigrants, that have green cards or are undocumented.

I was born and raised in America. My mother and father were born and raised in America. My grandmother is Native American and was born of the reservation and raised there. I have served in the US Air Force. I have a Top Secret Security Clearance. I have been vetted by:
National Criminal Search
7-year County Criminal Search
Sex Offender
Social Security Trace
License/Credential Verification
Global Terrorist
OFAC Search
OIG Search

I have a Veteran ID card, a State Professional ID card, a State ID, and a County Department of Safety ID card. Yet I have to to jump through double hoops to renew my Drivers License, and Passport. I have to stand in line, take off my shoes, and be irradiated by a scanner, every time I travel just to the next State in my country. I have been pulled out of line and patted down, and have had my fingers tested for explosive, because I got the luck of the draw.

So please don't ask me to be upset about anyone being researched and or searched that is entering this county. If Americans citizens have to be treated as a possible threat just moving from State to State, then foreigners should be treated just as suspiciously.

I am so sick of the BS I could scream. If you want to fight people being detained and searched. Start by fighting for your own citizens. Otherwise, what is fair for the goose is fair for the gander.

/rant/over (for now)

edit on 1-2-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

She has done nothing to contribute to the solution.

Neither has Trump.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Abortion clinics are bombed in the name of Jesus, where's the Christians denouncing such?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The woman already has a GD green card! She has already be though the vetting process! The should have been ZERO detainment for her or anyone else who has already been through the process and is here legally!

It's sweeping xenophobia and it's disgusting.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
The woman already has a GD green card! She has already be though the vetting process! The should have been ZERO detainment for her or anyone else who has already been through the process and is here legally!

It's sweeping xenophobia and it's disgusting.

I was born and raised in America. My mother and father were born and raised in America. My grandmother is Native American and was born of the reservation and raised there. I have served in the US Air Force. I have a Top Secret Security Clearance. I have been vetted by: National Criminal Search 7-year County Criminal Search Sex Offender Social Security Trace License/Credential Verification Global Terrorist OFAC Search OIG Search I have a Veteran ID card, a State Professional ID card, a State ID, and a County Department of Safety ID card. Yet I have to to jump through double hoops to renew my Drivers License, and Passport. I have to stand in line, take off my shoes, and be irradiated by a scanner, every time I travel just to the next State in my country. I have been pulled out of line and patted down, and have had my fingers tested for explosive, because I got the luck of the draw.

American citizens are detained several times daily, and they are only traveling within the continuous United States. What she had to endure, being a Green Card holder and coming in from a suspicious area, was mild, and not unreasonable.

edit on 1-2-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

You raise a salient point. To buy a gun you have to be vetted to make sure you are not a terrorist.

To board a plane to see your parents who are dying of cancer you have to be vetted to make sure you are not a terrorist.

To run for office in order to give the children dying of cancer the expensive treatment they need for "free" you have to be vetted.

In order to return from Mexico, as an American, you have to be vetted.

In order to get a drivers license. or a license to cut hair you have to be vetted. In fact, you, no matter who you are, have to be vetted for every single act you wish to partake in. The government controls every single action you take, everyone and it is still looking for ways to control you more.

So, evidently, according to this wave of hysteria, the people who should not have to be vetted, or at least vetted the least, are those who are from country xy and z because..... Because why?

Why are people outraged about this, but hardly even make a peep when their crotch is grabbed, not by Trump, but by some low level bureaucrat who figures ALL AMERICANS ARE POTENTIAL TERRORISTS, especially those going to see their cancer stricken parent by plane.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: crankyoldman

Because they are reacting as programed instead for thinking for themselves.

I attended a luncheon on Monday and I listened to a lady parrot all the same crap I here all over the internet. When I asked her a question, she became defensive and angry. I told her that I was not disagreeing with her, I was just interested in where she got her information. She told me she got it from Facebook. I thanked her and told her I would have to go look up what she had taught me. She offered to send it to me on Facebook. I told her I don't have Facebook and she suggested I join. I know that she was convinced I had lost my mind when I told her that Facebook was the last thing I would be interested in joining.

I back away from discussions about religion or politics, but this conversation fell down the political well before I had a chance to back-up. I climbed out, dusted myself off, and changed the subject. I am getting to be pretty good at that, in the real world. Not so good at it online.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

have we finally reached the point were a "tweet" will launch a civil war?

Will folks be screaming with their pitchforks, killing those who stand in their way using, a screen shot of a facebook post as justification?

What is interesting is that since 1980 a bush or bush disciple has been in control of the white house. This is the first time in 37 years one has not been in charge, it is also the first time that folks have completely lost their mind over who's in that seat.

Even more bizarre, they are freaking out over complete fabrications and things that have absolutely ZERO impact on their own lives. Making a couple hundred people from another country wait to get in here impacts NO ONE's life but those couple of hundred - are the people in Syria protesting? And even then, it is entirely possible the reports due in 4 months will make it EASIER for some to get in.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join