It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch one woman's story of trying to reenter the U.S. after ban

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Tell me this oh wise one:

When did 'white nationalism' enter into our vocabulary?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Detained for 5 hours? The media's been telling me they're being denied entry all-together.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

My guess would be about the time of the Civil War. What does it matter? It's a nuance to describe people that tie their nationalism to be being white.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible
a reply to: seasonal

This is how we treat our legal immigrants. I have to laugh.

In the games industry, many companies put anti-piracy protections into their games in hopes to reduce piracy. It fails to work 100% of the time. If someone wants to pirate your game, they will do so, and you cannot stop them. They will bypass, hack it, and remove it. The anti-piracy stuff only ends up inconveniencing the people who are doing it legitimately.

These recent immigration shenanigans are the real-world equivalent of that.

If a foreign country were at war with factions of America committing terrorism and I were an American immigrant to their country, I'd completely understand being held at their airport for a few hours while they verified my identity. Isn't that common sense?
edit on 1/31/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Check this out, let's compare the difference between the results for white nationalism and the results for black nationalism in google.

White Nationalism:

White nationalism is a type of nationalism or pan-nationalism which holds the belief that white people are a race and seeks to develop and maintain a white national identity. Its proponents identify with and are attached to the concept of a white nation.

Now let's look at the disparity between the two.

Black Nationalism:

black na·tion·al·ism
noun
the advocacy of separate national status for black people, especially in the US.

The plot thickens.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
told not travel unless she wanted to be pat down and stopped

You mean like the TSA has been doing to all American citizens for the past 15 years for no reason aside from maintaining the appearance of non-profiling security measures?
edit on 31-1-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

The plot thickens.

In your head.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I do miss The Cranberries. They were pretty good for an Irish band in the 90s.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Man-O-Man

Talk about a staged scripted event !!!!

Hollywood-a-gogo

Is there any proof and official reports that this actually happened to this girl?

Flight lists etc. ?

I'll second on this. Was the first feeling I got when I watched the video.

Like always, super dramatic. Just another individual who thinks it's all about them and their life shattering 5 hour detain.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
detained for 5 hours,. well get used to it honey,when you get to America you will be detained for 5 hours and groped by TSA "agents" every time you want to get on a plane, welcome to America.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Look, if the definition of white nationalism reads like this:

White nationalism is a type of nationalism or pan-nationalism which holds the belief that white people are a race and seeks to develop and maintain a white national identity. Its proponents identify with and are attached to the concept of a white nation.

Then logic should dictate that black nationalism read like this:

White Black nationalism is a type of nationalism or pan-nationalism which holds the belief that white black people are a race and seeks to develop and maintain a white black national identity. Its proponents identify with and are attached to the concept of a white black nation.

But instead, the definition for black nationalism is this:

black na·tion·al·ism
noun
the advocacy of separate national status for black people, especially in the US.

So what is going on here? I'll tell you.

Someone has subverted the dictionary. This blatant disparity is proof that the english language is being attacked.

Soros...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Believe it or not, this is as serious we should be treating every non US citizen.

It's a good thing the US isn't a tourist destination.

And even being held up at the border for just a couple of hours has kept many of us pesky Canadians from wanting to ever visit again.
I would imagine many Europeans feel the same way.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Still waiting for you to denounce the evils committed by white men.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

How about denouncing all evil everywhere, all of the time?

Why add all these modifiers in the mix? You just end up boxing yourself in with labels.

Be free, my queen.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Still waiting for you to denounce the evils committed by white men.

Why should he? Do you think he is guilty of committing evils?
As you told TheBulk, if you are not guilty of it, why should you denounce it?
Twisted thinking.
I posted this thread yesterday and not one Leftist leaning member here denounced it.
All I got was typed out verbal vomit about how they have seen worse from conservative videos.
Which, by the way, nobody came up with any after I asked them to post them.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Read the thread again.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Why denounce anything you have nothing to do with in the 1st place?

Muslims do not need to denounce Islamic terrorism if they have nothing to do with it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible

This is how we treat our legal immigrants. I have to laugh.

Well, I'm from Australia. I was to visit the US last year, Missouri, home of Mark Twain and all the things I'd seen in pictures and videos from my friends, but was stopped at the border and detained for 13 hours. 13. in a small room, with bunks and chairs, with about 9 other detained people from all over the world, students, travellers.. We had to work out a way to talk to each other. One person spoke the others language, and so on, it was interesting how a group of people from such different places could actually communicate after a few hours... all detained for BS reasons.

I entered under the Visa Waiver program, but because a friend had paid for my ticket, and despite the fact I was funding my own stay, had a letter of invitation from my friends, had accommodation organised and was planning on touring with my friends to catch up with other friends, they determined that I was a risk of seeking employment there, despite having a job here, a home here, responsibilities here, and no intention of dashing off into the wilderness to start up the cult of the Australian yahoo terrorist kangaroo.

Searched at least 4 times by all and sundry - not counting the airport scanners, bomb detection swabs and luggage scanners, shoelaces removed, everything searched in my luggage, jewellery removed, groped down below - "Now I'm going to check your groin. DO NOT REACT." - questioned over and over, to the point they wanted to go through my phone to which I told them to naff off, but they said they could legally do so even if I refused (they ended up not, guess I wasn't islamic enough) and treated with utter contempt by the CPB Neanderthals who paraded around with their fat guts hanging over their gun toting belts.

"Let me axe you sir, when was the last time you used drugs."
"Oh about 15 minutes ago, on the plane, where I had been manufacturing my meth in the toilet using hand sanitizer and toilet paper, obviously."

Taken back to my flight to Australia by 2 towering illiterate thugs who took pleasure in sneering at anyone who asked them anything, paraded through LAX as if I was some criminal to every other passenger, left to sit at the terminal till I was the last person boarding the flight, so everyone else on the plane could assume I was some devious mastermind criminal, and deported for another 13 hours flight on a miserably packed flight, all of this with barely any sleep for near 2 days.

She was detained for 5 hours? And still let back in? Oh boo the hell hoo....

edit on 1-2-2017 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I 'm not sure if anyone has traveled lately, but they look inside your body now with cancer scanners, this is after the 5 hour wait, and the forced athletes foot, don't get me started

Lol, every one of the scanners I went through detected something, but they couldn't find anything on a second, more personal, check.

Maybe I'm actually a cyborg.. Oo

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

Believe it or not, this is as serious we should be treating every non US citizen.

It's a good thing the US isn't a tourist destination.

And even being held up at the border for just a couple of hours has kept many of us pesky Canadians from wanting to ever visit again.
I would imagine many Europeans feel the same way.

And a 40+ white Australian male whose last experience on a plane was in 1986 going to Melbourne. I wont visit Melbourne again (holy smokes) but I still intend one day on visiting my friends, borders be damned.

Or maybe the threat of converting so many Americans to Australian slang is deemed too much chaos. They'd all start saying "Aluminium" properly, wearing thongs on their feet, and biscuits and gravy would suddenly mean something completely different...

Biscuits and gravy... Ewwww...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join