It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch one woman's story of trying to reenter the U.S. after ban

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Short Video about a women who is a green card holder trying to come back into the country after dong a dissertation in Sudan. She was kept at the airport for 5 hours. During this she was handcuffed to transfer her to a different area, and told not travel unless she wanted to be pat down and stopped . She ended up being able to enter the US.
Believe it or not, this is as serious we should be treating every non US citizen. Of course this is new and there is going to be some bumps getting a procedure down and faster and less disruptive.

edit on 31-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Look how much I care.

| |

That much.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

If more (supposed) moderate Muslims like this woman spent more (or any) time publicly denouncing the radical jihadist movements originating from their home countries, then the president wouldn't have to make an executive order prohibiting such people from traveling to this country in the first place without extreme vetting.

But they don't, so here we are.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

What's the problem? Want to come to our country and you're not a citizen? Plan on extra security thanks to marauding Islamic terrorists.

EDIT: Notice the taxpayer funded PBS disabled comments? They create leftist, DNC propaganda then censor the criticism while taking taxpayer money..

edit on 31-1-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

All I hear coming from that woman is whining about being profiled, whining about being a muslim in a Trump America, blah blah blah.

Not a single word about the violent, murdering extremists that are responsible for the entire civilized world looking down upon Islam as an ideology.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

This is how we treat our legal immigrants. I have to laugh.

In the games industry, many companies put anti-piracy protections into their games in hopes to reduce piracy. It fails to work 100% of the time. If someone wants to pirate your game, they will do so, and you cannot stop them. They will bypass, hack it, and remove it. The anti-piracy stuff only ends up inconveniencing the people who are doing it legitimately.

These recent immigration shenanigans are the real-world equivalent of that.
edit on 31-1-2017 by MrSensible because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

If the US military can't control the marauders, how do you expect women and children to do it?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

If Obama would have not dithered 8 years away, this women would have been through the airport with no problems.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

If the US military can't control the marauders, how do you expect women and children to do it?

I dont understand the question. And are we talking about the military aged typed "children"?

link   
If the U.S. immigration laws are too much of an inconvenience for some people then they can stay in their own country.

Nobody has the right to be a U.S. immigrant it`s a privilege, our country our rules, don`t like it? then stay in your own country.

link   

Why stop refugees trying to escape when the US can't defeat them. And never will unless you can force birth control.

edit on 31-1-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I 'm not sure if anyone has traveled lately, but they look inside your body now with cancer scanners, this is after the 5 hour wait, and the forced athletes foot, don't get me started

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Someone needs to explain to me why 'free and open travel' with states that are on this list.

www.state.gov...

SUDAN

Sudan was designated as a State Sponsor of Terrorism in 1993 due to concerns about support to international terrorist groups to include the Abu Nidal Organization, Palestine Islamic Jihad, Hamas, and Hizballah.

In the mid-1990s, Sudan served as a meeting place, safe haven, and training hub for international terrorist groups, such as al-Qa’ida. Usama bin Laden was provided safe haven in Sudan for five years until he was expelled by the Sudanese government in 1996. Sudan’s support to al-Qa’ida has ceased but elements of al-Qa’ida and ISIL-linked terrorist groups remained active in Sudan in 2015. The United States and Sudan worked cooperatively in countering the threat posed by al-Qa’ida and ISIL in 2015, which included their use of transit and facilitation routes within the country.

In 2014, members of Hamas were allowed to raise funds, travel, and live in Sudan. However, in 2015 the use of Sudan by Palestinian designated terrorist groups appeared to have declined. The last known shipment was the Israeli-interdicted KLOS-C in 2014.

In June 2010, four Sudanese men sentenced to death for the killing of two U.S. Embassy staff members on January 1, 2008, escaped from Khartoum’s maximum security Kober prison. That same month of the escape, Sudanese authorities confirmed that they recaptured one of the four convicts, and a second escapee was reported killed in Somalia in May 2011. The recaptured murderer is being held in Kober Prison, and, as of December 2015, appeals of his pending death sentence were still ongoing. The whereabouts of the other two convicts were unknown at year’s end, although one is rumored to have been killed in Somalia in November 2015.

www.state.gov...

Is a good idea.

PLEASE.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Yep, they PBS can use tax payer $$ then censor the people who pay them, gosh thats cool.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Yep the scan would cost $2000 if a Dr. and hospital was using the scanner. Must be cheaper to run thousands of times a shift at the airport than just 6 times a shift at the hospital.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What makes me laugh Is no one is so critical of other countries immigration policies.. For example israilies unable to enter certain middle eastern countries, or muslims unable to enter Israel.. which is the same reason the US ban is in force I must add..
And didn't Australia leave a boat load if immigrants in the ocean to die a few years ago.. until they were rescued by another nation..

All this is because it is trump and the speed of this rule, and before I get slaughtered.. yes.. immigrants from certain countries should be vetted before being able to enter..
Look at Sweden, Germany and France for gods sake.. not to mention what the future holds for Europe now..
Shame these rules were not put in place years ago all across the western world..
If there are no concerns then you may enter.. any inkling of danger than I'm sorry but no..

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Man-O-Man

Talk about a staged scripted event !!!!

Hollywood-a-gogo

Is there any proof and official reports that this actually happened to this girl?

Flight lists etc. ?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Yep, they PBS can use tax payer $$ then censor the people who pay them, gosh thats cool.

They get small percentages of their budget from the government, paid to the Corporation on Public Broadcasting. Most is paid for by endowments and single donations.

I imagine if Trump can shut down the twitter feeds of National Parks against my wishes, PBS can shut down a comment section.

Let me guess? They were flooded with ignorant comments on PBS and NPR?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
What makes me laugh Is no one is so critical of other countries immigration policies.. For example israilies unable to enter certain middle eastern countries, or muslims unable to enter Israel.. which is the same reason the US ban is in force I must add..
And didn't Australia leave a boat load if immigrants in the ocean to die a few years ago.. until they were rescued by another nation..

All this is because it is trump and the speed of this rule, and before I get slaughtered.. yes.. immigrants from certain countries should be vetted before being able to enter..
Look at Sweden, Germany and France for gods sake.. not to mention what the future holds for Europe now..
Shame these rules were not put in place years ago all across the western world..
If there are no concerns then you may enter.. any inkling of danger than I'm sorry but no..

I live here, so I will complain about the immigration policies of where I live, first.

Extreme vetting has been in place for years. The process has been explained on ATS about 20x now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join