It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen Alexander and the Devos nomination

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
DeVosification

Yeah - it's a thing.

“Wait a second … Do you think 306 is larger than 365? Wow. Betsy DeVos works quick. That’s called the DeVos Effect! You got DeVosified!”
And the madness just goes on from there. As in, it gets really really crazy.

edit on 2/18/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: spelling

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Come on folks, calm down. The education system has turned into a disgrace over the last 30 years under both parties. Give the new team a couple of years and then judge. a reply to: BuzzyWigs

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

The "new team" leader has zero experience in public education at any level.
She is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ridgerunner
Come on folks, calm down. The education system has turned into a disgrace over the last 30 years under both parties.

People really need to stop saying this.

I went to school in the 50s. It was not better then today. Education was not better.

Same as today, a lot depends on the parents.

IMO it's far better today, with real expectations.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ridgerunner
Come on folks, calm down. The education system has turned into a disgrace over the last 30 years under both parties.

People really need to stop saying this.

I went to school in the 50s. It was not better then today. Education was not better.

Same as today, a lot depends on the parents.

IMO it's far better today, with real expectations.

Expectations that continually fail.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Just bumping this.....Rolling Stone's latest issue has a story about Betsy DeVos and her agenda. Just in case anyone's still remotely concerned. I mean --- she's not on Twitter or anything, but still. She's busy.

Betsy DeVos' Holy War

Her appointment as education secretary marks the crowning achievement of the Christian right's campaign to infiltrate America's secular institutions

Not making this stuff up, folks. Please pay attention.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Bumping this thread with an article from The Atlantic that is a MUST READ -- especially because it's Easter, and I know lots of you have that whole thing going on in your consciousness today, like remembering 9/11. Anyway ---

this pseudo-administration which is settling in to its new role as reality tv's worst offering in the history of mankind (this will stand alongside the epic, even the "Western Civ" giant stories, folks.....Caesar Donald! But of course, Western Civ is no longer a requisite for college. Trojan War. Fall of the Soviet Union. The Berlin Wall. WW1. WW2.) And now we have 'Trump' - a man who agrees with whomever last spoke to him, in so-called "charge."

But I digress.

So, in honor of the message of the man Jesus called Christ by some, I offer you this bit of reality:

Where preschool-aged children in

Documentary of the Class of '27

These kids are being provided with bags of food to take home on the weekend, because their parents are not. Where Opioid use is out of control, because there are NO JOBS except the nursing home, the courthouse, the police.....

American kids caught in a cycle of despair, and they don't even know it. Some educators are trying to make a difference. I sent this link to the real Betsy Devos via her FB page.

Now I'm giving it to you guys, and I hope you'll read and watch it.

Because HAPPY EASTER

20 minute documentary of Owsley, Kentucky and its preschoolers and the village dynamics and this is REAL LIFE.

And here's the link to the text that explores scientific research indicating that adversity in childhood has a huge difference on a child's development -- but chronic stress and hunger prevent them from learning.

Articl e exploring how cognition is affected by childhood stress and adversity And while you're watching it, think about the children of that age in Syria.

Just think about it.
Jesus would want you to.

edit on 4/16/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Bumping this thread with an article from The Atlantic that is a MUST READ -- especially because it's Easter, and I know lots of you have that whole thing going on in your consciousness today, like remembering 9/11. Anyway ---

this pseudo-administration which is settling in to its new role as reality tv's worst offering in the history of mankind (this will stand alongside the epic, even the "Western Civ" giant stories, folks.....Caesar Donald! But of course, Western Civ is no longer a requisite for college. Trojan War. Fall of the Soviet Union. The Berlin Wall. WW1. WW2.) And now we have 'Trump' - a man who agrees with whomever last spoke to him, in so-called "charge."

But I digress.

So, in honor of the message of the man Jesus called Christ by some, I offer you this bit of reality:

Where preschool-aged children in

Documentary of the Class of '27

These kids are being provided with bags of food to take home on the weekend, because their parents are not. Where Opioid use is out of control, because there are NO JOBS except the nursing home, the courthouse, the police.....

American kids caught in a cycle of despair, and they don't even know it. Some educators are trying to make a difference. I sent this link to the real Betsy Devos via her FB page.

Now I'm giving it to you guys, and I hope you'll read and watch it.

Because HAPPY EASTER

20 minute documentary of Owsley, Kentucky and its preschoolers and the village dynamics and this is REAL LIFE.

And here's the link to the text that explores scientific research indicating that adversity in childhood has a huge difference on a child's development -- but chronic stress and hunger prevent them from learning.

Articl e exploring how cognition is affected by childhood stress and adversity And while you're watching it, think about the children of that age in Syria.

Just think about it.
Jesus would want you to.

www.theatlantic.com...
edit on 4/16/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join