It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen Alexander and the Devos nomination

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
a reply to: Annee

They want what they want - - and they make sure they get it.

Just like their nemesis, the Marxist, said, the "ends justify the means". Ironic.

I was a Republican for about 40 years.

Granted a California Republican, but still I know how they think.

"I'm right - you're wrong" and "I have to be in control of everything".

There is no sideways thinking about other people.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I'm a (moderate)Republican in a blue state....I have to say though, it's not just Republicans that think "I'm right - you're wrong"

A2D
edit on 1-2-2017 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

I'm a Republican in a blue state....I have to say though, it's not just Republicans that think "I'm right - you're wrong"

A2D

Yes it is. IMO

Non Reps may think they're right, but they think differently. Non-Reps think beyond themselves - - Reps don't.

I was a full fledged Christian Goldwater War Hawk Republican.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I'm a (moderate)Republican in a blue state....I have to say though, it's not just Republicans that think "I'm right - you're wrong"

A2D

No it is not, and any moderate can see it from both sides. DeVos is a disaster, and shouldn't be allowed any closer to SOE than hosting a tea party for a qualified one. Her family ties to Amway and Black Water should automatically disqualify her.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

You just proved my point Annee.

Yes it is.

AKA "I'm right - you're wrong"

A2D

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: loam

Why not, I don't know, an actual educator? Also, can you please remind everyone what DeVos has done that qualifies her as a businesswoman?

Perspective. Mainly a different one.

Why do you think america voted for a non politician for potus?

Insanity is doing the same.....blah blah blah.

I don't know what she's done but I can tell she cares about the children. lol. It's for the good of the children, see? THink of the children, it's ok!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Yes it is.

A2D

I'm saying it from experience.

Have you been Republican for 40 years, then moved on? Or have you only been Republican?

Non-Republicans think differently. That's just the way it is.

Non-Republicans are the "Color outside the line" people. They tend to be open to ideas other then their own.

Republicans are "Color inside the lines" people - - - and do not accept those that don't.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
DeVos is working more for the good of "God's Kingdom" than she is for the actual children....

A2D

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: loam

Why not, I don't know, an actual educator? Also, can you please remind everyone what DeVos has done that qualifies her as a businesswoman?

Perspective. Mainly a different one.

Why do you think america voted for a non politician for potus?

Insanity is doing the same.....blah blah blah.

I don't know what she's done but I can tell she cares about the children. lol. It's for the good of the children, see? THink of the children, it's ok!

She and Pence are dominionists, they desire a theocracy. Full disclosure, due to mixed family interactions, I hate evangelicals, and would most likely punch them in the throat if they asked me if I had found Jesus, he hasn't been lost for 2000 years, there is always someone close by to shove him down our throats.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

DeVos is working more for the good of "God's Kingdom" than she is for the actual children....

A2D

This we agree 100% on

CHEERS!!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Yes it is.

A2D

I'm saying it from experience.

Have you been Republican for 40 years, then moved on? Or have you only been Republican?

Non-Republicans think differently. That's just the way it is.

Non-Republicans are the "Color outside the line" people. They tend to be open to ideas other then their own.

Republicans are "Color inside the lines" people - - - and do not accept those that don't.

Oh my gawd! Talk about stereotyping!! Annee, you're too much. You have been everything under the sun according to your posts (at least over the span of the 5 years I have been here.)
edit on 1-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I'm a moderate 60/40 Republican... It's very clear to see from the middle how both sides tend to think very narrowly...

The childish way in which both parties have acted over the last 15+ years is evidence enough...

"Well, they didnt let us get our nominee, so let's do the same to them." It's like being at a kindergarten playground, "Well, HE STARTED IT!" They're grown men and women for #s sake...show a little maturity and learn to COMPROMISE.

A2D
edit on 1-2-2017 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I'm a moderate 60/40 Republican... It's very clear to see from the middle how both sides tend to think very narrowly...

Of course there are always moderates.

But, we just aren't going to agree on this.

No hard feelings, I hope.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Nah. I understand people have different opinions and views...it's just a fact of life. Unfortunately some people have a hard time accepting that...

A2D

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The childish way in which both parties have acted over the last 15+ years is evidence enough...

"Well, they didnt let us get our nominee, so let's do the same to them." It's like being at a kindergarten playground, "Well, HE STARTED IT!" They're grown men and women for #s sake...show a little maturity and learn to COMPROMISE.

A2D

Unfortunately, I am going to place this attitude square in the Republican realm, when they hold a meeting the night of the inauguration to determine how they are going to oppose the man elected president in 2008, meeting held in 2009.

I am probably 60/40 democrat, lean towards libertarian, but realize that local politicians affect my life far more than national candidates. This dominionist BS that I have seen pushed, bothers me. Palin, Pence, Cruz, Brownback (I live in a neighboring state), Bachman, etc, these are the ones that need to be taken down, all they want is a Christian theocracy.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: xuenchen

Are you an educator? Have you been a teacher? Tell me your experience with teaching, or being a principal, or dealing with kids with special needs. Tell me all about how knowledgeable you are with respect to finding a way for every child to learn, regardless of what school they are in. Tell me how many years you have worked in the public sector, especially public schools, and how versed you are in the needs of kids with IDEA --
a Federal Law that she didn't even know about.

Tell me.

Go on. You must have SOMETHING besides fake news outlets, hysterical trolling, and laughy faces in that equipment kit of yours. You and neo.

Step up. Show us why we should believe what you say.

expertise?
others have offered expertise to you with respect to other areas only to be dismissed

doesnt feel so good to have actual in field work experiance and be dismissed

i applaud your efforts to be heard by those who represent you
roberts is a dick, last i knew he lived in a hotel in dodge city. none the less he was sent back to dc

my wife is a one on one para in an autism room at a local elementary school
i appreciate your very valid concerns about our education system and your solutions when you offer them

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: xuenchen

Are you an educator? Have you been a teacher? Tell me your experience with teaching, or being a principal, or dealing with kids with special needs. Tell me all about how knowledgeable you are with respect to finding a way for every child to learn, regardless of what school they are in. Tell me how many years you have worked in the public sector, especially public schools, and how versed you are in the needs of kids with IDEA --
a Federal Law that she didn't even know about.

Tell me.

Go on. You must have SOMETHING besides fake news outlets, hysterical trolling, and laughy faces in that equipment kit of yours. You and neo.

Step up. Show us why we should believe what you say.

expertise?
others have offered expertise to you with respect to other areas only to be dismissed

doesnt feel so good to have actual in field work experiance and be dismissed

i applaud your efforts to be heard by those who represent you
roberts is a dick, last i knew he lived in a hotel in dodge city. none the less he was sent back to dc

my wife is a one on one para in an autism room at a local elementary school
i appreciate your very valid concerns about our education system and your solutions when you offer them

I live in the KC metro, and a hotel would be an upgrade for Roberts, last I heard he was paying rent on a recliner in a friends living room in order to claim to be a resident of KS. I have no answers to the problems in education, but after having to try and train home schooled idiots, Betsy DeVos is not the answer, she hasn't attended a public school in her life. Not even sure she could spell it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Compromise. That train left the station two decades ago, with Newt Gingrich waving goodbye and good riddance at it. Under his leadership, the GOP became the party of no compromise. Newt's own words: "Compromise with no one", "I am not prepared to compromise". Confrontation and obstruction became their raison d'être.

With Newt, the GOP set itself up to become an extremist faction. Its refusal to compromise and instead obstruct made the Obama years a de facto parliamentarian system in Congress, but one with no way to force compromise. We have a de facto parliament now, and the opposition party is now the Democratic Party, and they will act as the Republican Party acted the last eight years, as a parliamentary opposition.

It did not help this nation for one party to go to its extreme and become a faction. This is formally now the New Republican Party.

Mann & Ornstein “It’s Even Worse Than It Looks”

It used to be common in my family, having both registered Democrats and Republicans, to cross party lines to vote. I, myself, have been able neither to vote for nor send money to a Republican candidate for 20 years. Liz Warren left the Republican Party in the 1990s.

The GOP let itself become the party of economic and ideological extremists, catering to their fringe. They now reap what they have sewn.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Never a huge Reagan fan, but he talked of his and Tip O'Niel's friendship, they could argue politics all day long, at 5 pm the drinks came out, and they were friends, and enjoyed the time they had to spend together. I am not sure there is anybody in any party can do that today.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Never a huge Reagan fan, but he talked of his and Tip O'Niel's friendship, they could argue politics all day long, at 5 pm the drinks came out, and they were friends, and enjoyed the time they had to spend together. I am not sure there is anybody in any party can do that today.

Jerry Brown Governor of CA - - said at the beginning of his political career - - you'd invite your opponent to dinner (or drinks) - - hash it out and come up with a compromise.

He says - - they won't even pick up a phone and talk to you today.

edit on 1-2-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join