It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen Alexander and the Devos nomination

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Source

"Personnel shortages in special education specialized instructional support services are the result of recruitment and retention challenges. There is both a shortage of professionals to fill available positions and a shortage of positions to meet the growing demand for services for America's 6 million children and youth with disabilities who receive special education services."

"Shortages of fully certified personnel and unfunded positions impede the ability of students with disabilities to reach their full academic potential and hinder the work of districts to prepare all students to be college and career‐ready. The National Commission on Teaching and America's Future estimates that the national cost of public school teacher turnover could be over $7.3 billion a year. As a result of high turnover, high‐ need urban and rural schools are frequently staffed with inequitable concentrations of under‐prepared, inexperienced teachers and few, if any, specialized instructional support personnel. The constant retraining of new staff means that high‐needs schools can neither close the teacher quality staff nor the student achievement gaps."

Now, keeping that in mind. Remember how DeVos didn't know that the IDEA is a FEDERAL LAW? She has NEVER worked with Special Ed kids, and never been a teacher herself. She is utterly unqualified for this.

Dear Abrahamic God,

I am one of your duly baptized and confirmed constituents. Although I have strayed from the sheep-pen, I have not stopped watching the work of your zealots.

Please - if you ever did ANYTHING - work your magic and save us from your richest, loudest, stupidest, and most ignorant followers. And that includes all colors and profiles and flavors of them. No matter what they wear, or what language they speak, please shut them down. I am a member of your 'fold' and have been since infancy. I am calling on you NOW, IF YOU EXIST, to stop this disaster from happening.

Love, Buzzywigs

PS - this is all your fault.

oh - wait. The line's dead.
edit on 2/1/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Annee

ugh. And so many people think Dominionists aren't real. Since 2011 I've been talking about this on here...and they all thought "nu uh!!! They are not!!" But they are.

Oh I know - - and I'm 100% with you.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Oh, also ----
how does a person who wants to be Sec of Education NOT KNOW TO CITE HER QUOTES.

WTF.
????

Yeah, Bernie nailed it. He's still in there, you know.
So is Liz. And Franken, and Murray. I'm learning SO MUCH MORE about who the Congress people are than I have ever before. So, just to poke the hounds that dog me ----- I know you don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

ugh. And so many people think Dominionists aren't real. Since 2011 I've been talking about this on here...and they all thought "nu uh!!! They are not!!" But they are.

Thanks. I know that, and it truly amazes me that there are only a handful of us who pay enough attention to be able to see it. A major Conspiracy --- and yet, the membership laughs at it.

*smh*

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

Well depends. If Sessions is confirmed before DeVos comes to full senate vote, he wouldn't be allowed to vote. It wouldn't even need to go to Pence in that case....

and even though I'm in favor of a large portion of the Trump adminstrations nominees... I side with Sens. Murkowski and Collins on this one... I don't think she has even the slightest of qualifications for the position...

A2D

I'm a Progressive Globalist Atheist - - - obviously I want nothing to do with Trump or any of his picks.

But, Yes - - this one is just NOT qualified.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Thanks. I know that, and it truly amazes me that there are only a handful of us who pay enough attention to be able to see it. A major Conspiracy --- and yet, the membership laughs at it.

*smh*

I've tried several times to explain Clear Channel. No one cares.

They own the airwaves. PBS stations have to rent air from them. They have shut down programs about birth control, LGBT, etc - - by refusing to rent air time.

edit on 1-2-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ridgerunner
a reply to: BuzzyWigs After seeing the decline of useful learning and knowledge in young people the last 25 years who have come to work at the companies I have been,all I can say is it can`t get much worse .The real world is a shock to these kids who have to google everything up.And when it comes to history and civics most are ignorant as someone from another planet.

Is Civics and History necessary?

Unless you have a really dynamic teacher who makes it interesting - - I consider it a waste of time - - because you can instantly learn what you need to on the internet.

I prefer math, reading, and critical thinking that actually involves current life situations.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

. . . and Franken, . . .

A lot of people try to dismiss Franken because he was a comedian.

That man is one smart dude.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Oh yeah -- and he NAILED her in that hearing. It was awesome. So did Warren, and so did Bernie. Thank god.....

just saw this from last week:

Thousands flood Senate phone lines seeking to halt confirmation of DeVos

By KIMBERLY HEFLING 01/26/17 11:23 AM EST
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Senators’ offices have been flooded with thousands of calls and letters opposing the nomination of Betsy DeVos — with some Democratic offices saying the opposition to DeVos is stronger than for any other Cabinet nominee.

The office of Sen. Bob Casey, a Democrat from the large battleground state of Pennsylvania, has received more than 50,000 letters and emails opposing DeVos’ confirmation as education secretary — a “very high” level compared to other Cabinet nominees, Casey’s office said. Casey has said he will vote “no” to confirming DeVos during Tuesday’s meeting of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee.

YAY!!! Everyone, really, it's working. Do it. I'm proud to say I am one of those thousands. We aren't going to shut up, either. Obviously. Phone calls, marches, protests, FB posts, tweets, blogs, whatever....this is a NOGO. NO.

Similarly, the office of Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) said it has received at least 25,000 emails and letters about DeVos, and another 1,000 phone calls. The vast majority opposed her nomination. And Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer’s office reported hundreds of calls on Tuesday to his Washington and New York offices — largely from parents and current or former teachers. Schumer’s office said the flood of calls regarding DeVos was rivaled only by the number of calls opposing Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) as attorney general.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Devos, like another equally unqualified person, Rick Perry, is the perfect nomination to accomplish two goals of the New Republican Party: abolish the Department of Education and funnel tax money to religious schools via vouchers.

The dismantling is the Koch ideology, the religious vouchers are for the Christian right supporters.

(post by BuzzyWigs removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Yes. So much out there about Rick Perry . . .

Unfortunately, I don't have much hope DeVos will be rejected.

They want what they want - - and they make sure they get it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I just tried Roberts R-KS again. After I signed the petition (please sign it!) and his mailbox is FULL.

That would be really good, but this is Kansas. Brownbackward land.

edit on 2/1/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm so happy to see Susan Collins-R, won't be voting for Betsy.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I just tried Roberts R-KS again. After I signed the petition (please sign it!) and his mailbox is FULL.

That good be really good, but this is Kansas. Brownbackward land.

I sure hope so.

OK. I'll sign it. I've never signed an online petition before.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

It's easy peasy. And it's working. I also just left an email for the other Senator. GoFundMe pages work - so do petitions. It's the new cyberworld.

THANKS for doing it.

If you scroll down a bit on the impact page, it shows the little pings of where sigs are coming from. We aren't alone. ATS is going the way of Alex Jones, but we can still protest. We can still say what we say.
I just can't believe the number of members here who obviously treat this place more like a random youtube channel than a site for people who want the truth.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Collins, last of the moderate Republicans. Someone who was capable of finding compromise across the aisle.

Murkowski.... How Alaskan Activists Got a Key Republican Senator to Oppose Betsy DeVos

The New Republican Party is now in complete control of all three branches. There will be resistance.

RIP what we knew of America. Johnny I hardly knew ye.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Thank you, Buzzy, for getting word out about action resources.

It is so sad to see how Americans have become inoculated against truth and rational thought. Intellectual relativism can never be good for a nation to survive. We are dying now because of it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

They want what they want - - and they make sure they get it.

Just like their nemesis, the Marxist, said, the "ends justify the means". Ironic.

They want tax dollars going to their supporters, Catholic and Christian schools. (and throw in corporate run schools) Well, I guess any religion, then, could get those tax dollars, too. Any religion.

My parents were proud that they sent their kids to Catholic schools without government help, as they saw no need for govt to step in to help. How times have changed.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

It's easy peasy. And it's working. I also just left an email for the other Senator. GoFundMe pages work - so do petitions. It's the new cyberworld.

Thanks.

I have a feeling I better get used to it

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join