It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen Alexander and the Devos nomination

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I have ALWAYS been part of the public school and non-profit sector. Prior to that I was a family day-care provider.

What matters more? GROWTH. Which she is not prepared to address. And doesn't even understand what the laws are (for example the IDEA.) She didn't even know what it was. She is incompetent.

Thanks for asking.

edit on 1/31/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs After seeing the decline of useful learning and knowledge in young people the last 25 years who have come to work at the companies I have been,all I can say is it can`t get much worse .The real world is a shock to these kids who have to google everything up.And when it comes to history and civics most are ignorant as someone from another planet.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

Because funding is withheld. Because teachers are not adequately paid, OR TRAINED.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

fter seeing the decline of useful learning and knowledge in young people the last 25 years who have come to work at the companies I have been,all I can say is it can`t get much worse .

Excuse me for raising my hand here, but DO YOU HAVE KIDS OVER 25?
Please share with us your own background in deciding what is appropriate.

I have been fighting for good public education for longer than that.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: ColdWisdom

All grade levels. Pre-K to college.

Prove it!

You have no problem telling people to prove who the are so now it's your turn.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You've had a really bad month, huh?

How about waiting to see what she actually does and then complain?

I live in DeVos' local area, nobody wants her to have this job. The consensus is solid among all types -- she's a rich bitch with zero experience in education, and therefor is no more fit for a job of SoE than I am for Surgeon General. Being an advocate does not equal qualified.

Edit: That's just the local view on legit qualification points. You really don't want to know what people in her own home state think of her precious "policies" she's championed and pressured into implementation. Even Republicans think she's a worthless choice when considering them.
edit on 1/31/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

EVERY PERSON on that committee who voted for DeVos is to be blamed. She will ruin this country with her ridiculous and inept ..........

I feel you.

Her whole thing is pushing for Christian schools via vouchers.

BETSY DEVOS WANTS TO USE AMERICA'S SCHOOLS TO BUILD "GOD'S KINGDOM": www.motherjones.com...

DeVoses' long support of vouchers for private, religious schools; conservative Christian groups like the Foundation for Traditional Values, which has pushed to soften the separation of church and state; and organizations like Michigan's Mackinac Center for Public Policy, which has championed the privatization of the education system.

AND - - - here's her husband

Added Dick DeVos: "As we look at many communities in our country, the church has been displaced by the public school as the center for activity...[I]t is certainly our hope that more and more churches will get more and more active and engaged in education."

edit on 31-1-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Betsy DeVos appears to have plagiarized quotes for Senate questionnaire

Guess she didn't learn in school not to do that.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Slight hope, but of course Pence is going to give it to her.

Collins, Murkowski to vote no on education secretary nominee Republican Sens. Susan Collins of Maine and Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska both said Wednesday they would not vote to support President Donald Trump's choice for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, the first two sitting Republican senators to publicly say they wouldn't back one of Trump's Cabinet nominees. "I simply cannot support her confirmation," Collins said on the Senate floor. Without Murkowski or Collins, DeVos would need the vote of Vice President Mike Pence to win approval if all Democrats voted against her. www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

ugh. And so many people think Dominionists aren't real. Since 2011 I've been talking about this on here...and they all thought "nu uh!!! They are not!!" But they are.

Brownback is one.
Pence is one.
DeVos is DEFINITELY one.

Bachmann, Palin, and lots of others.

Their goal is to take over EVERYTHING. Government (check), Education (nearly there!), Finance, Arts & Entertainment, Family, Media, Business.

The Radical “7 Cultural Mountains” Conservative Movement and Why Liberals Should be Terrified

It’s no secret that the Republican party is actively trying to turn this nation into some form of theocracy. Well, at least socially. The GOP is some kind of hybrid where their economic ideologies are based on the philosophies of Ayn Rand (a devout atheist) while their social ideologies are based on some warped view of “Christianity” that I call “Republicanity.” You might be saying to yourself, “It doesn’t make any sense for a political party to base their economic ideologies on someone who didn’t believe in religion while supporting social issues based on religion.”
And you would be right. It makes absolutely no sense. Which is another reason why I don’t consider most of these people actual Christians.

They are not. They are theocrats. And they have won, it appears. We are all doomed.
Freedom of Religion will be no more.

Just like back in the days of King Henry, people were punished for not going to church. Here we go again.

Peasants, owned by Dominionist monsters, all in cahoots.

But nobody listened while we tried to warn them. And you know what? When this all blows up in their faces, I will enjoy some Schadenfreude.

And a nice healthy TOLD YA SO

edit on 2/1/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

The phone line is DOWN. THIS IS FASCISM.

*fuming*

L.O.L This over reacted drama is comedy gold.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

You have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I used to be an educator and social worker.

You used to work with people?

Wow.

j/k...kinda

xD

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Conversative Cabal Masquerading as Think Tanks

[In November 2013] twelve new reports were jointly announced by CMD and ProgressNow research groups in a press release.

The findings of these comprehensive reports expose the involvement of a nefarious network operating under the umbrella of the

State Policy Network (SPN), an $83 million web of right-wing "think tanks" embedded in every state across the country. This network, operating under guidance from the Koch brothers, Charles and David, is responsible for many "spin-off" organizations and groups such as American's for Prosperity, American's for Tax Reform and the Tea Party.

Through their joint efforts our public school systems, healthcare, rights to vote, tort "reforms" and other key initiatives are funded and the conservative position on each advanced. In effect this is a highly organized and influential network used to advance a political agenda expressing only one point of view. Additionally nearly every member of this Cabal operates as a non-profit entity with tax exempt status, allowing the millions spent to be recouped as tax deductible "contributions" and/or operations. The goal sought is to allow a minority to gain and exert control and power over the majority.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Well depends. If Sessions is confirmed before DeVos comes to full senate vote, he wouldn't be allowed to vote. It wouldn't even need to go to Pence in that case....

and even though I'm in favor of a large portion of the Trump adminstrations nominees... I side with Sens. Murkowski and Collins on this one... I don't think she has even the slightest of qualifications for the position...

A2D
edit on 1-2-2017 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

I read he would recuse himself from that vote anyway - while surfing around this morning.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Oh I haven't heard that... If that is the case, then there's still hope, don't burn the house yet...

A2D

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

There are Republican Senators who have turned against her, too.

And of course, other Republicans are going to change the rules so it won't matter. Because theocracy is now. An Oligarchic Theocracy.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Yeah that's what I was talking about in response to Annee. Sens Murkowski and Collins from Alaska and Maine respectively.... I'm glad to see that at least some people have the fortitude to stand up and not vote party lines all the time... good for them!

Murkowski even said she has been inundated with calls from constituents who questioned the nominee’s lack of experience working with public schools....so at least we know people out there are calling their senators and representatives and letting them know what they think....

America might finally be giving a damn....

A2D

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I think more of them will follow along. The moderates are becoming even more alarmed then they were.
With that asinine travel ban fiasco, it became something much, much bigger than Hobby Lobby not wanting their employees to have birth control.

We are now, in my opinion, a "developing nation". It will be decades before we get back on the rails.

I called my Senators, too ---- and emailed them, and hit their FB pages.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join