It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen Alexander and the Devos nomination

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They'll be forthcoming when you provide your sources for Obama being adopted.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Are you an educator? Have you been a teacher? Tell me your experience with teaching, or being a principal, or dealing with kids with special needs. Tell me all about how knowledgeable you are with respect to finding a way for every child to learn, regardless of what school they are in. Tell me how many years you have worked in the public sector, especially public schools, and how versed you are in the needs of kids with IDEA --
a Federal Law that she didn't even know about.

Tell me.

Go on. You must have SOMETHING besides fake news outlets, hysterical trolling, and laughy faces in that equipment kit of yours. You and neo.

Step up. Show us why we should believe what you say.

edit on 1/31/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

doy. Do you have anything else to say?

Yes.

I bet she does well.

The fumbling failures from the past need to be analyzed and corrected.

GOOD NEWS!

"The Michigan billionaire has committed the most unpardonable of progressive sins: She has financially supported efforts to allow students educational choices outside the traditional public school framework.

DeVos believes in the mission of choice and charter schools so fervently, she has given millions of dollars to organizations and political candidates who share her vision of allowing low-income and minority children to leave underperforming public schools."

Excerpt from: www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Which schools are FAILING.

READ PAST THE HEADLINE.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

This is from the Huffington Post:

Results Are in: Common Core Fails Tests and Kids

The Results

In Fall 2015 the NAEP tested a representative sample of high school seniors in the 2016 graduating class. After seven years of Common Core curriculum and assessment, the NAEP tests showed:

The average performance of high school seniors dropped in math and failed to improve in reading from 2013 to 2015. Performance was also down on both tests from 1992, the first year that similar tests were used.

There was a decline in the percentage of students in both public and private schools that are rated as prepared for college-level work in reading and math. In 2013, 39% of students were considered ready for college math and 38% were prepared for college-level reading. But in 2015, only 37% were prepared for college.

Worse, while scores improved for students in the highest percentile group in reading, they dropped in reading and math for students in the lower percentiles. The number of students scoring below “basic” in both subjects also increased from 2013. These were the students that Common Core and the high-stakes testing regime were supposedly designed to support the most.

Test scores for students in 4th and 8th grade who have been trapped in Common Core classrooms with Common Core curriculum for pretty much their entire school careers showed a similar decline in math.

edit on Tue Jan 31 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

So what current national policies need to be changed ?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

She is probably the most unqualified of any of the cabinet pick's. It is mindboggleing, I think her qualifications are her family has dumped boatloads of money into RNC coffers.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I don't give a toss. I am speaking from a position of expertise. The HuffPost is a left-leaning echo chamber. Breitbart is a right-leaning echo chamber.

You all dismiss actual factual news and comments as "fake."

I am so over this. SO SO OVER THIS.

And to xuenchen --- whatever needs to be fixed, this woman is entirely incapable of it. She is about as equipped to replace an axle on a Chevy as she is to do anything for our schools. All she has done is hold teas and spent money - I used to write grants. I used to be present at fundraisers pandering to billionaires asking for funds.

I used to be an educator and social worker. And NOTHING you can say will erase that. DeVos is by her own admission unqualified. She has NEVER been a school superintendent. She has NEVER had to borrow money to go to school. None of her CHILDREN had to borrow money to go to school. She is a lipsticked idiot when it comes to education.

edit on 1/31/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Thanks for chiming in.
I am horrified.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Are you an educator? Have you been a teacher? Tell me your experience with teaching, or being a principal, or dealing with kids with special needs. Tell me all about how knowledgeable you are with respect to finding a way for every child to learn, regardless of what school they are in. Tell me how many years you have worked in the public sector, especially public schools, and how versed you are in the needs of kids with IDEA --
a Federal Law that she didn't even know about.

Tell me.

Go on. You must have SOMETHING besides fake news outlets, hysterical trolling, and laughy faces in that equipment kit of yours. You and neo.

Step up. Show us why we should believe what you say.

Ah...now I get it. You are like establishment politicians. You have a cushy little position to protect. You couldn't possibly care about "The Children" because if you did, all you would have to do is look at what the current system has done to people! Reading is your friend. Start with REAL statistical education information.

Something new and smart using Common Sense Approaches is in the wings and you so-called "progressives" (that's a real joke) don't understand it much less want it. You're threatened. Get with the program and grow BW....real progress.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I used to be an educator and social worker.

You used to work with people?

Wow.

j/k...kinda

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Ah...now I get it. You are like establishment politicians. You have a cushy little position to protect. You couldn't possibly care about "The Children" because if you did, all you would have to do is look at what the current system has done to people! Reading is your friend. Start with REAL statistical education information.

OMFG.

Your post? A Fail.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

How about waiting to see what she actually does and then complain?

So your position is essentially that confirmation hearings serve no purpose and that every appointment should be rubberstamped because we won't know how the nominee will actually perform until they've had a crack at it?

Are you also against job interviews on the basis that a prospective employer can't really know how a person will perform in a job until that person is in the job?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

OMFG.

Your post? A Fail.

lol....Sure. Okay.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I don't give a toss. I am speaking from a position of expertise.

I used to be an educator and social worker. And NOTHING you can say will erase that. DeVos is by her own admission unqualified. She has NEVER been a school superintendent. She has NEVER had to borrow money to go to school. None of her CHILDREN had to borrow money to go to school. She is a lipsticked idiot when it comes to education.

DeVos is different. Trump is different. This is the cycle where Americans have determined that IT IS TIME to do many things DIFFERENTLY.
edit on 1/31/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Above top secret has become another Trump site :-/

I have heard she thinks teachers are overpaid too,might be pay cuts

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Sure..why not hire Fred the dog catcher to do your accounting, or surgery for that matter. What's the worst that could happen?
It only matters how much money you donated.
Schools run to make profit..sounds about as reasonable as health care for profit.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Awesome when billionaires think you make too much.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

"Different" isn't a qualification. Different can be good, different can be bad. It would be "different" to appoint Pennywise the clown as Ed Sec too.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

How out of touch with reality are you? Teaching is not a "cushy job." You make terrible money. You're pretty much working from the time you wake up to the time you go to bed. And if you think teachers actually have the summer off then you're grossly misinformed.

You know what I think is a cushy job? Being a trust fund baby that married rich. But that apparently qualifies you to be the Secretary of Education despite never stepping foot in a public school.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join