It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First raid under Trump results in 30 civilians killed, including 10 women and children.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Seems he picked up right where Obama left off. Same # different president.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Sorry, but collateral damage. If someone wants to kill others, and then thinks he is safe because he's surrounded by women and children... sorry, no. Their blood is on his hands for putting them in danger, not Trump's, not America's.

TheRedneck

That is only OK from you point of view as long it is not your wife and kids in the line of fire.

Any SF operators With respect for them selvs would never share you point of view. Their obejectives would be to take out these terrorists without harming innocent women and children. These operators have pride in their profession.

You americans are surely groomed to have a particular attitude to human moral values.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

My view would not change if I were the target. My goal would be to stay away from my wife and children to keep them safe. Only a pure coward would place their loved ones in such a situation.

I wish the operation had gone off without collateral loss, but wishes do not always become reality in war.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

Do you know where the hell Yemen is…?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

My view would not change if I were the target. My goal would be to stay away from my wife and children to keep them safe. Only a pure coward would place their loved ones in such a situation.

I wish the operation had gone off without collateral loss, but wishes do not always become reality in war.

TheRedneck

I do understand you point of view. But since you have no experiance With these Things you have no understanding of these types of situations.

This was a secret covert operation.... these terrorists had no idea that they were compromised through Our intelligence. That changes the Whole theater of Things.

That gives the terrorists the impression of being safe and having a safe house for the time being. They dont know that they are compromised. They dont know that they have put innocent People in danger.

This was a suprice and agression hit by US SF. The SF New or should have known the correct intell on the target. They should have known that there would be innocent women and children presnt in that building. But still chose to go for it. In my opinion it was a bad Call. And it was since innosent People got killed in the prosses.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

That does change things, but I keep coming back to the fact that these targets were professional killers. They had to be taken out, because of their own actions.

Are you saying the other killings were the result of bad intel? If so, do you have specific knowledge of the raid?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

That does change things, but I keep coming back to the fact that these targets were professional killers. They had to be taken out, because of their own actions.

Are you saying the other killings were the result of bad intel? If so, do you have specific knowledge of the raid?

TheRedneck

Yes, i agree these targets probably had to be taken out. But the question is: Was it the right time to take these targets out?

The answer to that question lies in what kind of intelligence that have been gathered on these People. Because the raid is 100% based on gathered intelligence.

Did the US just take the easy way out to resolve this objective? You know, It is easy to argue for forgivness when dealing With terrorists.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Bad Intel is not the only reason something goes wrong .

It can be the leading factor in why but chaos also hss a way of taking things south also..

Without knowing more , it's hard to say what happened here..I will say that I feel no sympathy for a woman that is acting as an enemy combatant.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki
It is what it is.

Now if someone from Yemen decided they wanted to strap bombs on their damned chest and come kill Americans, what do we have?

Perhaps they'll give Clinton the opportunity to choose between the electric chair or strapping on a jacket full of C4 and shove her towards the enemy...

edit on 1 2 2017 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

they will lose lives and we will lose lives... Just the way it goes.

Wow, what a horrible, immoral attitude. How the hell is it the people who always call themselves pro-life (and pro liberty) are so accepting of killing people indiscriminately in every other way possible??

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
You knew it was coming. We all predicted it.

While Obama was president, no media reports on troop deaths or civilians killed, especially via Obama's favorite drone strikes. If asked during any of Obama's extremely rare press conferences, he would just say he learned about it on the news.

Trump now in office, daily reports of troop deaths and civilian casualties. Trump is now directly responsible for all those deaths.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

you are so right. never understood the hipocrisy of being pro life and pro war

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Its totally their fault. what were they thinking hitting themselves to bullets?

if they were American kids the whole world have had collapsed. but other kids are not humans apparently.

Al Qaeda kills kids, Taliban kills kids, US army kills kids.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: gladtobehere

It really is unfortunate but I honestly dont think there is any away around this.. they will lose lives and we will lose lives... Just the way it goes.

better over there than over here

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

It really is unfortunate but I honestly dont think there is any away around this.. they will lose lives and we will lose lives... Just the way it goes.

better over there than over here
Oh lord, did you just say that? is this really the world we live in?
I'm really sorry for you and your mentality.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Bad Intel is not the only reason something goes wrong .

It can be the leading factor in why but chaos also hss a way of taking things south also..

Without knowing more , it's hard to say what happened here..I will say that I feel no sympathy for a woman that is acting as an enemy combatant.

Bad intel or the lack of good intel is probably the main reason this mission went as it did.

First the compound was hit by a drone missile. Than SF were brought in to finish the job.

The drone missile attack would first ackt like a shocker. Like a shock granade prior to breaching a room. It is a very well planned and timed senario to prevent SF casualties. This was a very well planned breach of a large abjective but With a missile shocker. It was meant to create a devastation of maksimum effect. THe effect was intenden to kill everyone. If not the SF would not have started the raid With a missile attack.

The US SF knew exactly what they were getting into that is why they hit the objective hard With a missile first. Their intent was not to spare anyone. A missile will not spare women and children....

Why is this based on bad intel?

Becasue the US spies should have known that the compound was accupied by innosent People. They US intel People/spies knew this but let it go any ways.

The US government knows that these type of senario would be accepted by the american People. Because collateral damage is accepted when it comes to terroism.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Nice try .....

Raid was planned before Trump took office

Were waiting for proper weather and lighting (dark moonless night) to launch raid

Cover was apparently blown by noise from drones Decided to proceed even though knew was compromised

Terrorists mixed in with civilians (no-no) , firing from mosque ( a n-no), school (another no-no) and from civilian
homes

In that kind of situation can expect casualties ........

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join