It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First raid under Trump results in 30 civilians killed, including 10 women and children.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: gladtobehere

It is sad beyond words when a child is killed in collateral damage. These scumbag jihadist dogs hid among them like the cowards they are.

As far as the women? Not bothered so much by it:

NAVY SEAL Team 6 fought and killed female fighters of an al-Qaida affiliate in the raid Saturday in Yemen in which a team member was killed, three were wounded and three injured, the Pentagon said Monday.

"There were a lot of female combatants that were a part of this," Navy Capt. Jeff Davis, a Pentagon spokesman, said of the firefight in the raid Saturday, which the Defense Department and White House said killed at least 14 enemy fighters. "Some of those enem[ies] killed in action were female."

Davis said the SEALs saw the women running to fighting positions as the team approached an enemy compound in Yemen's interior.

The main al-Qaida group generally limits women to support roles and suicide attacks, but AQAP reportedly has put women through training for combat.
www.military.com...

Interesting and informative information.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tristran

no matter how angry the Hitlerites are.

Is that Hitlerites or Hillaryites?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
First, I am sad to hear a serviceman lost his life. CPO William 'Ryan' Owens. He was part of SEAL team Six. Thank you for your service and may your family be strong in this time of loss.

Second, this was a raid on a AQ stronghold. If you do not want your family killed they should not be in a warzone. He should have had them in a safer place. Multiple AQ leaders were killed in the raid.

Third, were those killed from US gunfire or crossfire during the battle? Sorry, I cannot see SEALs entering a home and blindly killing people.

Last, it is very disheartening to here a child the same age as my daughter was killed. Loss like this is never comforting and I truly wish there were other ways to handle these situations.

For those of you who do not know this is his second child killed for Anwar al-Awlaki.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What does the picture in the first post have to do with the post other than to be confrontational?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Look how many women have strapped bombs on themselves and blown people up.

Look at Tashfeen Malik who came in on a K-1 Visa and later, along with her muslim husband killed 14 in San Bernadino.

Women are no longer off-limits automatically as they have been in the past. Time we understand that.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Oh Good Lord! Get off of it! Trump is no more the AntiChrist than Bush, Clinton or Obama. Doesn't it get boring looking at everything through that rabid religious haze?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This raid would have probably went down regardless of who the president is right now. I'd expect a much higher body count if Trump is ever given situational control over anything currently unfolding.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

It is sad beyond words when a child is killed in collateral damage. These scumbag jihadist dogs hid among them like the cowards they are.

As far as the women? Not bothered so much by it:

NAVY SEAL Team 6 fought and killed female fighters of an al-Qaida affiliate in the raid Saturday in Yemen in which a team member was killed, three were wounded and three injured, the Pentagon said Monday.

"There were a lot of female combatants that were a part of this," Navy Capt. Jeff Davis, a Pentagon spokesman, said of the firefight in the raid Saturday, which the Defense Department and White House said killed at least 14 enemy fighters. "Some of those enem[ies] killed in action were female."

Davis said the SEALs saw the women running to fighting positions as the team approached an enemy compound in Yemen's interior.

The main al-Qaida group generally limits women to support roles and suicide attacks, but AQAP reportedly has put women through training for combat.
www.military.com...

Sorry...I don't know how I missed your link, I just linked the same story

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That's what I was taught since I was in diapers. And Trump fits the bill. He admitted he never asked god for forgiveness and yet evangelicals voted for him 80% over a professed Christian.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
so if the US comes from thousands of miles and does this then its justified and called collateral damage
but when the neighboring countries does the same they are called all the bad names in the book

talk about hypocrisy

makes me want to puke

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Whats the US doing in Yemen,I thought that was a Saudi misadventure.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So where was the uproar when Obama droned his son? Did he give back his Nobel? Nah, he just gave himself a medal.
edit on 01pm31pmf0000002017-01-31T14:14:23-06:000223 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

But it doesnt have to be this way. We dont have to travel the world committing atrocities.

Their not doing it for us. They're doing it for 'them'.

Saudi Arabia Thirsty for Yemeni Oil, Gas Reserves

Why does Saudi Arabia continue to bomb Yemen back into the Stone Age?.. According to American political analyst and researcher Phil Butler, the US-backed Saudi Arabian war against Yemen is neither about the longstanding sectarian strife between Sunnis and Shiites, nor about the much-discussed military campaign aimed against al-Qaeda in the region.

More and more, I feel like the US are just henchmen for Saudi Arabia, corporate and other special interests.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Personally i think this raid was poorly executed and probably poorly timed, probably do to poor intelligence.

Good intelligence is a major asset to Reach a good mission ending.

There is not really that much information on the intelligence front, just the outcome of the raid.

These teams are very vel trained to do their jobs, but if their intelligence is poor, the mission often ends poorly to.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Their not doing it for us. They're doing it for 'them'.

but of course we are doing it for us and for our safety, what were you thinking? other nations cant defend them selfs?
oh right i forgot now i remember, no country in the world can defend its self unless authorized by USA, are you pleased right now? well no i dont even care about you or what you think or believe because our safty comes fist as does your country or any other.

Why does Saudi Arabia continue to bomb Yemen back into the Stone Age?

since when Yemen was out of stone age under the Ali Abdullah Salihs regime? you might want to enlighten me

the US-backed Saudi Arabian war against Yemen

just let me tell you something that F@#ink Phil Butler didn't tell you, this war started with out the permission of the USA because we didn't f&%#n need it, they were our neighbors and were a threat to us since the Iranians were arming the oppositions for years and still try to

Yemen is neither about the longstanding sectarian strife between Sunnis and Shiites

tell your shill Phil Butler that it is about sunnis and shiites, thats why the hoothies were armed by Iran with billions of dollars of weapons for the past ten years if not more just to threat us and twist our hands.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I wonder when boogey man anti christ will show up.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Let's see what this ban and the Yemen raid leads to. And N Korea will provoke him too. Everyone but Trump supporters have his mood swings figured out.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
If you did not complain about the collateral damage during the drone strike craze of the last 8 years... gotta say suck it up ...

If you did complain about Obama killing civilians , I withdraw my comment.

It's only evil when it isn't a Democrat doing it.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

"Mood swings" haha. Well we know what the ban leads to. Nothing wrong with it. But the left are trying to say its legal or some other nonsense.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sorry, but collateral damage. If someone wants to kill others, and then thinks he is safe because he's surrounded by women and children... sorry, no. Their blood is on his hands for putting them in danger, not Trump's, not America's.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join