It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First raid under Trump results in 30 civilians killed, including 10 women and children.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Donald Trump's first US military raid 'kills 30 civilians, including 10 women and children'.

The eight-year-old daughter of a radical preacher was among a large group of civilians reportedly killed during a US dawn raid in Yemen, the first military operation overseen by Donald Trump.

Around 30 people, including 10 women and children, are thought to have been killed by American military personnel in the rural Yakla district of al-Bayda in the south of the country, according to medical staff.

"The operation began at dawn when a drone bombed the home of Abdulraoof al-Dhahab and then helicopters flew up and unloaded paratroopers at his house and killed everyone inside,"...

This is not meant to be a specific criticism of Trump.

Hundreds of thousands, if not millions, have been killed under Bush and Obama. In just Syria alone (not including Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Pakistan and Yemen), we've dropped 50,000 bombs, killing 450,000 and creating millions of refugees.

But this is meant to show that things are not going to change much under Trump.

No doubt that the families of these individuals will more than likely wish harm on us as a result of this raid.

But it doesnt have to be this way. We dont have to travel the world committing atrocities.

Ron Paul has spoken about this at length.

We can partner with foreign governments to apprehend suspects and ensure that they are tried for their alleged crimes.

I mean, we even gave the Nazis a trial of sorts.

edit on 31-1-2017 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Is this the first raid? I feel like there were at last a couple others. Madis airstrikes and then the recent attack where we lost one of our own. Maybe I'm confused about the word "raid" (were the others special ops or something?). No snark here, just wondering.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It is what it is.

Now if someone from Yemen decided they wanted to strap bombs on their damned chest and come kill Americans, what do we have?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

It really is unfortunate but I honestly dont think there is any away around this.. they will lose lives and we will lose lives... Just the way it goes.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

It would seem that by Trump allowing this truth to go public, he is going to pour petrol onto the already inflamed demonstrators worldwide.

So if he is on the side of Kissinger then USA is now one step closer to their ideal civil war.

If Trump is the antichrist then he did this deliberately to make matters worse.

If Trump is a true Christian, then he has God on his side and nothing will take him down, no matter how angry the Hitlerites are.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If you did not complain about the collateral damage during the drone strike craze of the last 8 years... gotta say suck it up ...

If you did complain about Obama killing civilians , I withdraw my comment.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Well He did advocate for going after terrorists and their families.....

Hey , Trump is doing what he said he would do! GOOOO TRUMP!

/sarcasm

There will always be collateral damage to an extent, not knowing the complete ins and outs of this operation, that DOES seem like a very high number......IMHO
edit on 1/31/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Tristran

God allows the anti christ to do his destruction. You should choose a side before Judgement Day.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

" are thought to have been killed by American military personnel in the rural Yakla district of al-Bayda in the south of the country, according to medical staff" - quoting the article there.

"Are thought"?

Also, the pic you used in the OP is photo shopped, badly.
I'm calling fake news.

www.salon.com...
In that one they make references to Obama inciting most of it.

www.nbcnews.com...
This one gives way more detail, from both sides of the argument.

"U.S. officials said some of the women who were killed, however, were combatants and had opened fire on the SEALs as they approached the al Qaeda camp."

""My granddaughter was staying for a while with her mother, so when the attack came, they were sitting in the house, and a bullet struck her in her neck at 2:30 past midnight. Other children in the same house were killed," al-Awlaki said. He said the girl died two hours after being shot."

Believe what you will, all I'm gonna say is it takes someone a lil bit sick to photo shop dead kids into a pic, wazzupwiththat?
edit on 31-1-2017 by GreenGunther because: more aesthetically pleasing

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Maybe you do not understand the mindset of some of these radical people that are trying to take over in areas. They insight terror and kill anyone who does not bow down to them. They want power and the high obtained by killing those who do not agree with their actions. It is not like they are a group fighting for a good cause, their intent is just to control most people many times.

If you compare the numbers of people these radicals would kill in the future and the result of the terror they will spread, a few lives lost is peanuts compared to the mountain their growing organization will cause in the future.

Our soldiers are trained to try to discern the good people from the bad, but if sometimes does not work. They do not want to kill innocent people, terrorists kill innocent people all the time and they do not want to be labeled wrongly. We do occasionally get some soldiers that just want to kill but the job attracts these kinds of people too.

The people in that area know we are trying to do good, they know the history of these bad people. Some will be mad that we killed their kin and friends but the majority will understand we were trying to rid them of future harm. Looking at things from your armchair is different than the people see things in these areas where these troublesome people are trying to gain power. Innocent people always get killed in wars, this is a war. In fact, in major wars, people and soldiers are targeted but not the people running things, that is actually one of the rules of wars.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

It is sad beyond words when a child is killed in collateral damage. These scumbag jihadist dogs hid among them like the cowards they are.

As far as the women? Not bothered so much by it:

NAVY SEAL Team 6 fought and killed female fighters of an al-Qaida affiliate in the raid Saturday in Yemen in which a team member was killed, three were wounded and three injured, the Pentagon said Monday.

"There were a lot of female combatants that were a part of this," Navy Capt. Jeff Davis, a Pentagon spokesman, said of the firefight in the raid Saturday, which the Defense Department and White House said killed at least 14 enemy fighters. "Some of those enem[ies] killed in action were female."

Davis said the SEALs saw the women running to fighting positions as the team approached an enemy compound in Yemen's interior.

The main al-Qaida group generally limits women to support roles and suicide attacks, but AQAP reportedly has put women through training for combat.
www.military.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

With all of the 'Fake News' stuff flying around I don't know how to judge The Independent as a news source. What caught my eye from the article was this line.

"Around 30 people, including 10 women and children, are Text to have been killed "

I'm not denying that there may have been collateral damage but sounds like an unconfirmed report to me. My two cents.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: gunaire

Sorry, need to learn how to format.

"Around 30 people, including 10 women and children, are thoughtto have been killed"

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is one area I'm not really willing to give Trump a bunch a crap about.

Sure he authorises the raid, but the actual operators and generals etc, are the ones who do all the logistics and run the mission.

Probably nothing he could have done differently that would have resulted in a better outcome.

War is hell. It's very sad that there were so many civilian casualties, but context is everything.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I agree.

I am against these actions, as a Trump supporter and former libertarian. One the first things I am firmly against. I understand but do not agree. Blowback is a real issue, blowback is also why I agree with his immigrations policy.

Watching these people come out of their hibernations since 2007 should be fun *grabs popcorn

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

exactly
we are in a war and civilians do get killed in wars, it`s unavoidable. war is horrible which is why most civilized societies try to avoid war at almost any cost.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

lol where were these reports during the Obama administration?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I am sorry to hear that civilians were possibly killed especially children.
But we are dealing with an enemy that has no qualms about shielding themselves with women and children when push comes to shove, because they are cowards. It is a documented fact.
Also when you are dealing with lunatics that will have women and children strap bombs to themselves, you must know that possible collateral damage will happen.

Here is another take on it -
www.military.com...

Not saying which story is right but just saying.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

lol where were these reports during the Obama administration?

I believe the Lamestream media stuck them in their rearendas....
edit on 31-1-2017 by manuelram16 because: spell

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Around 30 people, including 10 women and children, are thought to have been killed by American military personnel in the rural Yakla district of al-Bayda in the south of the country, according to medical staff.

It is regrettable, but what kind of life did they have anyway ?

We are talking about terrorists after all.

The women are raped. The boys grow to be just like dad. The girls are married off as child brides.

Snip sandwhich all the way around.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join