It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian security agents accused of treason reportedly charged with passing secrets to the CIA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Source so I can read?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I second that, can we get a source.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Maybe Trump insisted that Russia arrest those responsible for the hack

Hell yeah !

What did they talk about last Sunday morning ?

"Pooty Poot-Poot, please, round up anybody, in any shape or form connected to this thing. I know bad public relations when i see it, believe me, bad pee aaar is not good for anyone. So, let's round 'em up, stick 'em in jail, and get down to building good, rock solid relations between our great nations.. and about the 19.5% gas deal ?... 18.75 % will do ya ?"

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

What?

"Pooty Poot-Poot, please, round up anybody, in any shape or form connected to this thing. I know bad public relations when i see it, believe me, bad pee aaar is not good for anyone. So, let's round 'em up, stick 'em in jail, and get down to building good, rock solid relations between our great nations.. and about the 19.5% gas deal ?... 18.75 % will do ya ?"

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
Plausible speculation ... 'Pooty-poot-poot' doesn't ring any bells ?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Is that supposed to be Putin? And is this a common nick name?

'Pooty-poot-poot'

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
It was the pet name given by Bush II

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Actually, i'll add, many 'decortications' were made at the time (lip sync) about what did Shrub say to Poutine at their first summet meeting

Poutine doesn't speak English that well and the Shrubster
well, 'English' was his second language
gibberish being his first

greeting :
Pooty baby !!!
Pooty this is my buddy X

Not Vlad, not Vlady

Pooty

Pooty poot-ppot

Seriously

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Senior Russian officers, Sergei Meihailov and Dmitry Dokuchaev, were arrested in December and charged with giving secrets to the CIA, said the Russian news agency.

A senior Russian intelligence officer who was arrested for treason in December has been charged with passing secrets on to the CIA, sources told Russian news agency Interfax on Tuesday.
Sergei Mikhailov was the deputy head of the information security department of the FSB, Russia's national security service. He was arrested along with Dmitry Dokuchaev — a cybersecurity expert who worked as a hacker under the alias “Forb" before joining the FSB — and Ruslan Stoyanov, a key cybercrime investigator at Russian cybersecurity firm Kaspersky.
www.businessinsider.com...

They were arrested after the CIA found out that Russian hackers broke into DNC servers and HRC and Podesta accounts. Russian Newspaper Novaya Gazeta reported that Mikhailov is accused of giving the CIA info on the servers used by Russian hackers to attack the US.

They were arrested shortly after the CIA concluded that Russian hackers, at the Kremlin's order, broke into Democratic National Committee servers and Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta's account during the presidential election.

Russian newspaper Novaya Gazeta reported last week that Mikhailov, the senior FSB official, had been accused of giving US intelligence officials information about a server rental company, "King Servers," through which Russian hackers have been known to attack the US. Interfax's reporting on Tuesday was the first to mention a CIA link.

Well rumor has it this was an internal struggle. Apparently some hackers also hacked onto Russian emails as well. This would make sense to me being how public Putin made the arrests. If Putin wanted this quite they would have not made a public spectacle. He was sending a message and it wasn't to the US. I would guess the FSB got cocky and we're making moves against Putin and he's letting people know he found out. So no one decides to try it again after he's done with his examples.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join