It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian security agents accused of treason reportedly charged with passing secrets to the CIA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Senior Russian officers, Sergei Meihailov and Dmitry Dokuchaev, were arrested in December and charged with giving secrets to the CIA, said the Russian news agency.

A senior Russian intelligence officer who was arrested for treason in December has been charged with passing secrets on to the CIA, sources told Russian news agency Interfax on Tuesday.
Sergei Mikhailov was the deputy head of the information security department of the FSB, Russia's national security service. He was arrested along with Dmitry Dokuchaev — a cybersecurity expert who worked as a hacker under the alias “Forb" before joining the FSB — and Ruslan Stoyanov, a key cybercrime investigator at Russian cybersecurity firm Kaspersky.
www.businessinsider.com...

They were arrested after the CIA found out that Russian hackers broke into DNC servers and HRC and Podesta accounts. Russian Newspaper Novaya Gazeta reported that Mikhailov is accused of giving the CIA info on the servers used by Russian hackers to attack the US.

They were arrested shortly after the CIA concluded that Russian hackers, at the Kremlin's order, broke into Democratic National Committee servers and Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta's account during the presidential election.

Russian newspaper Novaya Gazeta reported last week that Mikhailov, the senior FSB official, had been accused of giving US intelligence officials information about a server rental company, "King Servers," through which Russian hackers have been known to attack the US. Interfax's reporting on Tuesday was the first to mention a CIA link.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

what kind of punishment are they facing? Putin don't play that sh*t!

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

They get locked in a hotel room with two hookers, and forced to watch a pee-game.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Lol

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Death,

Disappeared.

Dismemberment.

Something fitting of the Russian mafia.

Since the Russian state is indistinguishable from the Russian mafia.

Whatever happenes to them.

It ain't gonna be too pretty.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

They get locked in a hotel room with two hookers, and forced to watch a pee-game.

.... With no vodka. Poor men.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
they're going to fade into obscurity, and there will be no mention of them beyond this.

now, me thinks, the intel committee may have in their possession a bit of leverage against the Don.
i could be wrong, i could be right. time will tell.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Seems a bit suspicious, as this report goes a long way toward confirming the allegations that the Russians ordered the hacks, and used the information to attempt to influence the outcome of the election.

Smells odd.

Interesting nonetheless...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

So the Russian agent told the CIA how the Russians were hacking US servers, do I understand that right? I wonder why he would do that, money is the only motive I can think of..

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JakeR777

So the Russian agent told the CIA how the Russians were hacking US servers, do I understand that right? I wonder why he would do that, money is the only motive I can think of..

OR, someone else told the CIA and they Russian agents were framed...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JakeR777

Or, he was a US operative at a high level that was outed after Trump's Intel meetings.

I'm watching on the news how Trump's immigration order has trapped secret US operatives, and one of them, a translator who was turned around, got executed by men in black hoods hours later.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
But remember, the Russians got caught hacking the US, so did many other countries. There is no even decent evidence so far that they supplied Wikkileaks with their info. They may have supplied shills and trolls and people to rile up people so they would not vote for Hillary, I can see them doing that, if they did nothing at all I would be surprised.

The thing to remember is that what made the most damage to Hillary's campaign with the released DNC info was actually the truth they contained about the wrong she had done.

Our government does this kind of stuff all over the world too, the head of the CIA bragged they had the best of the best in this field. We also use a lot of different ways to persuade the citizens of countries to vote someone in or out. It is normal practice in the world now, but I guess it is ok for us to do it but nobody else.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Seems a bit suspicious, as this report goes a long way toward confirming the allegations that the Russians ordered the hacks, and used the information to attempt to influence the outcome of the election.
One could think that the CIA already knew about servers Russian hackers were using and according to some of the news the CIA did . Maybe the CIA wanted a server they didn't know about to tag to the wiki leaks file that said or could be circumstantially linked to the timing of the wikileaks . I only mention this because of the Don's fabricated file that was part of the report . Throw enough mud to see what they could get to stick and create a coherent narrative . You wold think that if you are a CIA mole willing to be a traitor you would have provided the hard data like Snowden did .

Just giving them the name of a server that Russian hackers use really doesn't prove much other then Russia uses them and when found out move on to another .

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I have a feeling that they will enjoy a Siberian vacation, with plenty of vigorous exercise.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Good point, it skips right into the Russian hack as a fact. Is it a fact?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Good point, it skips right into the Russian hack as a fact. Is it a fact?

Certainly seems to be reported that way as a conclusion...

They were arrested shortly after the CIA concluded that Russian hackers, at the Kremlin's order, broke into Democratic National Committee servers and Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta's account during the presidential election. 

But in the report also...

Still, Soldatov emphasized that "so far, I see no evidence to link this case to Russia's hacking" of US Democrats.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

These guys were double agents and sold info to higher bidder ....U.S. and they got caught which is seldom.

Looks like a set up to me.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I would not want to be in there shoes.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I've just picked up on this too from the Graun

Check this out, no fooling around !

According to earlier reports in the Russian media, Mikhailov was arrested some time ago, in theatrical fashion, during a plenary session of the top FSB leadership: a bag was placed over his head and he was marched out of the room, accused of treason.

My bolding : Kaspersky Lab !!!

His deputy, Dokuchayev, is believed to be a well-known Russian hacker who went by the nickname Forb, and began working for the FSB some years ago to evade jail for his hacking activities.

Together with the two FSB officers, Ruslan Stoyanov, the head of the computer incidents investigations unit at cybersecurity firm Kaspersky Lab, was also arrested several weeks ago.

“Mikhailov and Stoyanov were real experts in one thing, the Russian digital underground, not the kind of stuff that Shaltai-Boltai leaked. So if there is anything real about the treason charges, the kind of information they could pass on would be about this, perhaps about informal actors in the DNC hacking scheme.”

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Maybe they were the ones who did the hacking - all on their own.
When the Russian government found out, seeing the harm it caused to the reputation of Russia (and Trump), Russia arrested them.

Maybe Trump insisted that Russia arrest those responsible for the hack.

edit on 1/31/17 by BlueAjah because: eta

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join