It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 'Vetted' Refugees Who Turned to Terrorism After Being Allowed Into America

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: flatbush71

20 out of how many refugees in total? Could you give us a percentage?

I ask because it is likely that the percentage of people we let in this country that turn "radical" is so statistically small that it is hardly worth taking the actions we have seen. You have a better chance of getting killed by your spouse than you do a terrorist.

How many were needed for the Washington sniper murders, Boston Marathon, Ft. Hood murders, Minnesota Mall murders, California murders,...? How many sick examples do you need?

Nice appeal to emotion, but that does not really tell me anything.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You're absurdity is so absurd you don't even realize how absurd you sound.

Who cares about terrorists because of spouse murder...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

How many were needed for the Washington sniper murders, Boston Marathon, Ft. Hood murders, Minnesota Mall murders, California murders,...? How many sick examples do you need?

How many of those people were from the countries that Trump banned? While I agree those were terrible and should be prevented if possible, perhaps we need to restrict immigration from the countries the terrorists actually came from such as Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Russia.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

How many were needed for the Washington sniper murders

2: one from Louisiana, one from Jamaica.

Good thing we're detaining refugees for that one.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Islam has been in this nation since before it was a nation and there has seem to be no problems.

In small amounts, the average muslim is fine. I have worked with and befriended plenty of muslims both in the west and in the middle east when I worked there
(let me guess, you never stepped foot in a middle eastern country..I will bet an entire half egg sandwich this is the case..most people "like you" normally dont even have a passport, much less have seen the effects of the current islamic culture in the middle east)
The average muslim is fine, you know what the average muslim whom I called (and call) friend worries about? more muslims coming and pushing for more islamic institutions in the US...and more islamic laws being forced into the public.
My buddy in Egypt I worked with was desperate to get out with his wife because of just the powder keg environment, the forced military service, the religious strictness, etc..he wanted to eff around playing video games and hang with his wife..be a westerner of sorts.
He probably did get out, been a number of years since I talked to him, but IT guys have a easier time leaving..and he wanted to leave islam...not his faith..but the culture..and go live somewhere where it wasn't the culture.
Thing is, as people like him leave, the culture becomes less moderate
As more muslims move into a small area, it becomes more islamic
etc.

Yes the way they have been going around enforcing Sharia is just terrible. Oh wait they haven't have they?

Naa dude, they have
in numbers they grow and demand
An express article on it, but feel free to google yourself

Yes that sucks because the Christians are supposed to be in charge right?

No, I am an atheist, therefore I would like no religion to be in power. I suspect you didn't read what I wrote..fair enough.
Let me discuss for a bit the concept of a secular society...or not..google that while googling the UK, and London specifically and their issues with Sharia imposition.

Now stop virtue signaling and start thinking already ffs...islam is a sh-tty religion and a misogynist, racist, homophobic culture being pushed into the west
It is not compatable...stop hugging the snakes. Catholicism is crap also, but they went through their Renaissance quite a long time ago.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The . of the CIA testified in 2016 that the danger is even more widespread in the USA that ANY OF US think it is.

Obama did nothing to address or even acknowledge the Director's dire warning.

edit on 1/31/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

a reply to: frenchfries

Statistically small ??? with that same argument it's a good idea to let tigers run wild in a kindergarten.

That's absurd and not a good comparison.

By the way you don't know the percentage so.... where is your conclusion based upon ?

A guess. 20 people out of thousands of refugees is a very small percentage. The actions taken by Trump to deal with this "problem" is overkill and based on fear.

Fear of what? Fear for whom?

Himself or american citizens?

Or should he just tell people to suck it up if there is another attack and remind them of the crusades like obama?

Maybe label it workplace violence, that seems to work as does lone wolf, despite their facebook page.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

20 out of how many refugees in total? Could you give us a percentage?

I ask because it is likely that the percentage of people we let in this country that turn "radical" is so statistically small that it is hardly worth taking the actions we have seen. You have a better chance of getting killed by your spouse than you do a terrorist.

Ft. Hood?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
Gentlemen, Ladies, this is what we are facing.
The ability of some to infiltrate is far greater than most realize.
These individuals were able to fool trained interrogators.

www.informationliberation.com...

www.breitbart.com... t-spots/

Buck

fake news....maybe you can quote the sunday comics next time....that would have more cred

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

You're absurdity is so absurd you don't even realize how absurd you sound.

Who cares about terrorists because of spouse murder...

I know, right?

In 80% of murders, the victim knew the killer.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kaploink

How many of those people were from the countries that Trump banned? While I agree those were terrible and should be prevented if possible, perhaps we need to restrict immigration from the countries the terrorists actually came from such as Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Russia.

hey hey hey....Trump makes his profits from those countries....and after all, that the most important thing to him

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The . of the CIA testified in 2016 that the danger is even more widespread in the USA that ANY OF US think it is.

how do you know he didn't do anything, because YOU weren't told doesn't make it so.....and most likely it was all classified....so your point is moot

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: carewemust

how do you know he didn't do anything, because YOU weren't told doesn't make it so.....and most likely it was all classified....so your point is moot

Let's put it this way. President Obama didn't do anything to let the American people know he was working on making us more secure. Not like President Trump is doing now.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

20 people out of thousands of refugees is a very small percentage

not at all. Well statistically , it's a sample of a population. There are many more vetted these are only the known cases. The problem is that everyone of these terrorists potentially can kill innocent Americans. It's the duty of president trump to protect all Americans even if as you say the chances of such an attack are small. So how should you solve the problem of rogue terroristic groups inside your country ? Obama method doesn't work us had way to many terroristic attacks in the past. I believe president Trump is the right man for the right job. Close the doors of terrorism I see no harm in that.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
Gentlemen, Ladies, this is what we are facing.
The ability of some to infiltrate is far greater than most realize.
These individuals were able to fool trained interrogators.

www.informationliberation.com...

www.breitbart.com... t-spots/

Buck

Which all goes to prove President Trump is absolutely correct in saying a temporary halt on people coming to the USA from a list of countries, drawn up by the Obama admin no less, is warranted.

Once the vetting procedure is beefed up and is itself vetted for purpose, it will be a question of business as normal.

But for now, the system is clearly failing the American people and their safety, which of course, is the thrust of the policy in the first instance.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

You're right, there is no way of knowing either way, I would imagine there have been more than 92 muslim plots, and many failed non-muslim plots that haven't been reported. My argument is that the media shouldn't prioritise one from the other, perhaps the reason more people have died from white-nationalist terror is that the FBI don't place the same amount of resources on identifying those terrorists. A lot of these white-nationalist terrorists had online presence and links to groups. Perhaps the police are better at foiling bomb plots but predicting someone will spontaneously shoot a load of people is practically impossible in a country where so many people have guns.

Anyway, this website seems pretty extensive. Again, it starts before 2001 but I counted 83 from December 2001. There is a lot of police finding evidence of plotting - diagrams of bombs, with some mass shootings that some people may call terror, others may not. It at least provides evidence that there are many white-nationalist groups plotting bombings, shootings etc and it's not just 'lone wolves' going crazy every now and then.

Terror from the Right

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join